Canada Serving Canada.

Infiniti Canada SUCKS!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 04:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infiniti Canada SUCKS!

So my car was back at Alta on Wednesday... Service Engine Soon light came on... Good thing I was scheduled for the 6k service anyway.

Here is the scoop. Throttle Body Sensor Assembly needed to be replaced. Neither Alta nor anyone else in Ontario for that matter stock this part. The only one available is in Vancouver and it will have to wait till next Wednesday. Luckily the GM of Alta was there (Eddie) and he authorized swapping out the sesor from a '05 coupe in the showroom into my car. They didn't charge for the 6k service either. KUDO to Alta and Eddie!

Nonetheless, I was PISSED, this is less than 30 days since my last repair. Some of you may recall that at 4,100 km I had most of the warning lights came on and my speedo and my odometer stopped working. It took 12 days to fixed the problem. Alta topped up my gas tank, had a sales person deliver the vehicle to my house at my convenience, and they vaccum the interior and wash the exterior of the car. 12 days was a LONG time but I guess after all that they have done, Alta and I were even. Afterall, this was a $3,500 repair under warranty.

Now with all of the above and with less than 6,600 km on the clock and the car being less than 6 mths old. I am not too happy with Infiniti. I mean, my 2001 Jag S-Type and 1998 Volvo S70 T5 were more reliable COMBINED. So I called Infiniti Canada Customer Service. Bradley picked up the phone and started to read out his script. "I appreciate your disappointment and we offer you our sincere apology. We will work with you to ensure the car is fixed" I explain to him that I was disappointed and he basically repeated the same line using different words. This happened a few more times and finally he said he will have my case reviewed and will call me back. Two hours later, Bradley called and repeated roughly the same lines to me..." I understand your disappointment and we are really sorry." And then he said that the dept has reviewed the case and there is nothing they can do or offer me. I told him I didn't call to ask for an apology and then he repeated those lines again. "We are sorry about what happened but there is nothing we can do."

Now GUYS, what should I do next? WHat is the right thing to do???

Has anyone else dealt with Infiniti Canada or Infiniti US for similar reasons?

Old 09-10-2005, 06:14 PM
Rollin On Dubz
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Check into Canadian lemon laws, maybe contact a lawyer?

Old 09-10-2005, 07:14 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by MattAu
So my car was back at Alta on Wednesday... Service Engine Soon light came on... Good thing I was scheduled for the 6k service anyway.

Here is the scoop. Throttle Body Sensor Assembly needed to be replaced. Neither Alta nor anyone else in Ontario for that matter stock this part. The only one available is in Vancouver and it will have to wait till next Wednesday. Luckily the GM of Alta was there (Eddie) and he authorized swapping out the sesor from a '05 coupe in the showroom into my car. They didn't charge for the 6k service either. KUDO to Alta and Eddie!

Nonetheless, I was PISSED, this is less than 30 days since my last repair. Some of you may recall that at 4,100 km I had most of the warning lights came on and my speedo and my odometer stopped working. It took 12 days to fixed the problem. Alta topped up my gas tank, had a sales person deliver the vehicle to my house at my convenience, and they vaccum the interior and wash the exterior of the car. 12 days was a LONG time but I guess after all that they have done, Alta and I were even. Afterall, this was a $3,500 repair under warranty.

Now with all of the above and with less than 6,600 km on the clock and the car being less than 6 mths old. I am not too happy with Infiniti. I mean, my 2001 Jag S-Type and 1998 Volvo S70 T5 were more reliable COMBINED. So I called Infiniti Canada Customer Service. Bradley picked up the phone and started to read out his script. "I appreciate your disappointment and we offer you our sincere apology. We will work with you to ensure the car is fixed" I explain to him that I was disappointed and he basically repeated the same line using different words. This happened a few more times and finally he said he will have my case reviewed and will call me back. Two hours later, Bradley called and repeated roughly the same lines to me..." I understand your disappointment and we are really sorry." And then he said that the dept has reviewed the case and there is nothing they can do or offer me. I told him I didn't call to ask for an apology and then he repeated those lines again. "We are sorry about what happened but there is nothing we can do."

Now GUYS, what should I do next? WHat is the right thing to do???

Has anyone else dealt with Infiniti Canada or Infiniti US for similar reasons?
Sorry to hear about your problems. I've had a few myself but nothing that significant.
I think the question is what do you want them to do. It sounds like the dealer has been excellent about service and freebies to compensate for your problems. Hopefully your car will be trouble free from here on and you will be able to enjoy your ride.

Old 09-10-2005, 07:49 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by RBull
Sorry to hear about your problems. I've had a few myself but nothing that significant.
I think the question is what do you want them to do. It sounds like the dealer has been excellent about service and freebies to compensate for your problems. Hopefully your car will be trouble free from here on and you will be able to enjoy your ride.
Ditto...
I'm sure it's got to be frustrating as he!!
but hang in there to see what happens this time.
Infiniti/Nissan have a great rep as far as reliability goes,
here's hoping they have it sorted now!

Old 09-10-2005, 08:00 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I've found that Nissan/Infiniti Corporate/Customer service will try to promote your relationship with your dealer rather than get as involved themselves.

If it were me, I'd talk to my dealer and explain my dissatisfactions, and ask their continued help but this time with registering your concerns with the manufacturer.
Nissan have reps who they can talk to them and you about customer concerns.
G/L, and here's hoping your issues are behind you and your ride will be a pleasant one from now on.

C.

Old 09-11-2005, 12:29 AM
Sorry to hear about your misfortune.
If you don't mind me asking, what was the cause of the 4100km warning light issue? I'm about to pick up an 05 this Wednesday and frankly, am becoming quite concerend hearing about problems with the G. My previous Toyota and Lexus were fantastic in terms of reliability and had minimal issues, hope you folks can provide some reassurance regarding the G!

Old 09-11-2005, 02:03 AM
Well I have four things on order:

1) Driver Side wiper (since the first time I used it and it stutters like anythings)
2) Both WIndow Regulators - leave streaks once I roll the windows back up
3) Gas tank TSB
4) One more thing that I can't think of.....

All on back order... and its been a month already nothing is in yet...

Old 09-11-2005, 05:19 AM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by C7Performance
If you don't mind me asking, what was the cause of the 4100km warning light issue? I'm about to pick up an 05 this Wednesday and frankly, am becoming quite concerend hearing about problems with the G. My previous Toyota and Lexus were fantastic in terms of reliability and had minimal issues, hope you folks can provide some reassurance regarding the G!
Pete,
I can't say you won't have any issues, there are some, usually minor in nature, but what I can say is that the Infinitis I've had are the least troublesome of the many rides I've owned, and a joy to drive.

Enjoy the new G....it'll be a great ride.

If and when things pop up, you have a comprehensive and long warranty to to enjoy too.

G/L Wednesday.
C.

Old 09-11-2005, 09:25 AM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by M6_G
Well I have four things on order:

1) Driver Side wiper (since the first time I used it and it stutters like anythings)
2) Both WIndow Regulators - leave streaks once I roll the windows back up
3) Gas tank TSB
4) One more thing that I can't think of.....

All on back order... and its been a month already nothing is in yet...
Very interesting, I also have streaks when I roll the window up. I thought it was just the rubber. Would you explain what the actual problem is. It happens only intermittently for me.
Thanks in advance.
Sam

Old 09-11-2005, 01:52 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by whatacar
Very interesting, I also have streaks when I roll the window up. I thought it was just the rubber. Would you explain what the actual problem is. It happens only intermittently for me.
Thanks in advance.
Sam

Sam, check the TSB section. I'm pretty sure there is one on the streaking.

Old 09-11-2005, 03:28 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Originally Posted by C7Performance
Well for me..
On the road a year & a half... zero warrantee issues.
Reg mtce & gas only.
Oh & lots of TLC.

Old 09-11-2005, 08:32 PM
Guys, thanks for the support. I love the car and the dealership (so far), just not the manufacturer!

C7Performance, the problem came up on its own without me doing anything. I continue to suspect that one of the guys was jealous about my Athens Blue coupe at the last meet. But that has not been substantiated. Bottom line, it just happened.

Old 09-11-2005, 11:04 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Guys, thanks for the support. I love the car and the dealership (so far), just not the manufacturer!

C7Performance, the problem came up on its own without me doing anything. I continue to suspect that one of the guys was jealous about my Athens Blue coupe at the last meet. But that has not been substantiated. Bottom line, it just happened.
haha...
I'm innocent.... I missed that one

Old 09-11-2005, 11:15 PM
Originally Posted by whatacar
Thanks in advance.
Sam

Hey Sam,

Well in mine case, whenever the car is washed, and I roll the windows down and up, thats when it occurs.. I just don't like the fact that the car would be spotless but since you rolled your windows down your have streaks on them. My passenger side does in more often than the drivers side... I can take a pic of it if you like. When I showed the streaks to the dealer they said you need new window regulators. Okie, what ever works just want it fixed.

Regarding the G all problems are listed are minor. In no way am I regretting getting the G35.

Last edited by M6_G; 09-11-2005 at 11:21 PM.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:30 AM

It was Shane he parked next to you. I swear I had nothing to do with it I was drooling over Sammy's car

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Infiniti Canada SUCKS!