Canada Serving Canada.

How do I get decent service?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2005 | 04:38 PM
|
How do I get decent service?

Well, I just came back from another let down experience at Alta. Had my car in for 12000km service and mentioned a few things I needed looked at:

- brakes seem to be down prematurely
- A/C compressor drones for 10-15 seconds when turned on
- front windows creak or something is tapping them in the door
- rear windows both creak when starting and stopping

Usual answers, technician couldn't find anything wrong so no fix. I even showed them my printouts from Infinitihelp.com, but unless they can recreate the issue - no go. Only thing they did agree to was the passenger rear window creak, they are ordering a new seal for that, means another visit to the dealership. To top it all off they charged me $3.75 for windshield washer when I was already full. Same thing happened last visit but at least they left the bottle in the trunk for me.

Tomorrow I am calling Infiniti Customer Service to complain and see what it takes to get something taken care of properly.

At least this time around I did get a 2005 G35X loaner instead of a Mitsu rental even though it was a smoker car. Made me really glad I went with the 6MT not X model. Nothing wrong with the X model but I found the whole car heavier than mine and not nearly as responsive and there is no way I am going back to an automatic transmission.

Last edited by G-Force; 10-13-2005 at 04:47 PM.
Old 10-13-2005 | 04:49 PM
That sucks that they just passed over your other issues lPeter. Keep us informed on the outcome of your dealings with Infiniti.
I have not had any problems with our G until last week, on our East Coast run, the CD player went south, seems like the cds are jammed. I am due for the 24,000 service so I will get it looked at then.

Old 10-13-2005 | 05:39 PM
I had a similar problem with Alta. They refused to service a known TSB (printed from infinitihelp.com) (this one: http://www.infinitihelp.com/Ownershi.../ITB03-028.htm)

I have been having this problem since the first oil change. But, before I took for the second oil change, I got onto a lane seperator from exiting tim hurtons and underneat engine protection cover got a little scratch and they blamed on that as well as on couple curb damages on the rim.

The technician said he needs to do an alignment and refused the TSB. He said he might have to change the whole bodyframe in that area if an alignment does not work...

So, I am taking in for an alignment next week, we shall see if they are right.

I understand their reluctance because of the under body being scratched and all, but when I told them I had this problem since the day of first oil change which was like 2 months after I got the car, they didn't believe me and almost called me a liar.

Old 10-13-2005 | 06:42 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by GEE35X
That sucks that they just passed over your other issues lPeter. Keep us informed on the outcome of your dealings with Infiniti.
I have not had any problems with our G until last week, on our East Coast run, the CD player went south, seems like the cds are jammed. I am due for the 24,000 service so I will get it looked at then.
avic-d1

Old 10-13-2005 | 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
avic-d1
mmmm, yes Ian, that would be nice.

Old 10-14-2005 | 09:27 AM
i've been having similar problems with dealers. right now i've been going to woodchester and working with sean there. he's the only service person i've found thus far that is interested in fixing things. i had the problem with the gas tank fill-up a while back ago and had to get infiniti customer service involved in order to get the tsb applied. the technicians kept telling me they never even heard of the problem or tsb before

Old 10-17-2005 | 02:00 PM
Sucks to hear that you are not happy with Alta. I too had my share of problems with my coupe and I have found that it is much easier to deal with the dealer (Alta in my case) than with Infiniti. Infiniti Customer Service is an oxymoron, there is no customer service in Infiniti! They ignored me and told me to talk to the dealer and told me the reason they have warranty is to deal with problems! If you are having too much trouble with Rachel, then talk to Eddie, personally, I find them both professional and reasonably responsive. There is always room for improvement, but I have found it much more pleasant dealing with Alta than with Infiniti directly. Infiniti Customer Service SUCKS.

Old 10-17-2005 | 07:24 PM
|
I thought I was just being picky but I hate being treated like I am making things up. I didn't like their "we couldn't find anything wrong" attitude. I would rather they said, "Peter, we couldn't find the problem, can you show us".

Not to mention tonight as I am driving home, I take the on ramp from 427 south to 407 west every day and usually clock it at 140-150kph. Well today the car drifted across 1/2 the lane and I had to back off. First I thought the weather is cooler and the tires might not be as sticky. When I got home, I inspected the tires and checked the pressures, the morons at Alta pumped my tires to 40psi when they rotated them. What bothers me is the tires were at 33psi when I gave them the car.

Old 10-17-2005 | 08:44 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
Peter, if it's any consolation I haven't been overly happy with my local dealer here either. I now have marks on 3 of my 4 wheels and several other issues too.
Unfortunately they are the only dealer in Atlantic Canada so unless I go all the wayto Quebec city I have no other choice.

Old 10-17-2005 | 09:27 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by RBull
Peter, if it's any consolation I haven't been overly happy with my local dealer here either. I now have marks on 3 of my 4 wheels and several other issues too.
Unfortunately they are the only dealer in Atlantic Canada so unless I go all the wayto Quebec city I have no other choice.
Sorry to hear that Deane....It's a bit disheartening looking for decent service these days isn't it?
I guess that's O'Regan's (sp?) you're talking about. Are they going to step up and fix the wheels, or are you going to live with it and not give them a chance to make it any worse?

C.

Old 10-17-2005 | 11:42 PM
Originally Posted by RBull
hey when you say marks on your wheels is it something like black water spot ?
one of my wheel has those black spot, from what i know it's the brake dust ate the paint on the wheel, is there any dealer willing to do the warranty work ?

Old 10-18-2005 | 07:59 AM
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by gettaluvr
hey when you say marks on your wheels is it something like black water spot ?
one of my wheel has those black spot, from what i know it's the brake dust ate the paint on the wheel, is there any dealer willing to do the warranty work ?
No, scratchs on the wheels.

Old 10-18-2005 | 10:21 AM
All these problems with dealers is making me really nervous. I've been going to Yorkville but so far it's only been regular stuff like oil changes and fortunately I've not had any problems yet. But now that Jerry's gone, I'm worried about what their service will be like. Yorkville's close to where I live and work. I just don't have the time to drive to a dealer that's further away. I guess I'll see whether the quality of service has changed at Yorkville next time I take the car in.

Old 10-18-2005 | 04:25 PM
I am very pleased with infiniti Oakville so far.. No problems what so ever..

Old 10-18-2005 | 04:59 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by M6_G
I am very pleased with infiniti Oakville so far.. No problems what so ever..
I've heard good about them too, and I've decided that I go either there or Guelph for any necessary service.
My fingers are crossed.
Colin

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How do I get decent service?