Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Zaino vs Poorboy Natty's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 01:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
+1 for Zaino's durability.

Old 06-02-2006, 01:11 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Are these east coast options..............?

Several years ago I found what I believe to be the
finest wax on our planet. It's called Zymol, I use
the clay, cleaner and Zymol concourse wax. Nothing
sticks to my paint, bird sh*t and sap just wash off
without leaving a blemish. I use it on my G and my
wifes Vet. It's like having a plastic cover on your car.

Old 06-02-2006, 02:50 PM
^holly **** that stuff is $$$

Old 06-02-2006, 03:46 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Has anyone actually even used these two products on the same car to determine their different visual characteristics? I mean, aside from me that is.

Here is how I would quantify the difference between Zaino and Natty's. Before I go on I want to say that if you applied each to the same car and had the owner of the car try to tell you which was on it, he would likely fail. Some of us may be able to tell, but the differences are so minute with proper prep as to be almost un-noticable. Also, make sure if you do go with Nattys you get "Nattys Blue". It's for dark colors, DG is a dark color.

That said, Zaino is more reflective than Nattys. What does this mean? It means that Zaino'ing a car leaves it incredibly glossy and so reflective it's almost blinding. This is why a lot of people like it. On that same token some people feel that it is so reflective you almost lose some of the color, that is to say it isn't as "deep" as some waxes.

Nattys on the other hand is probably the wax that looks most like a sealant (which is what Zaino is), in that it is by far the "wettest" looking wax I've ever used. It is not particularly deep (in the way that some waxes, like P21S or CMW are deep), but it is deeper than Zaino. It is not as glossy or reflective.

In terms of durabilty, Zaino obviously is better. 1 coat of Zaino will last 4-6 months. One coat of Nattys will get you 3 months if you're lucky, more realistically 8 weeks. Both are easy to apply and remove, bot are available online for about $20 (assuming Z2pro).

Which do I prefer? Nattys. Why? I dislike the look of sealants on dark cars, however as a metallic I find both look good on DG, but I'd still lean towards Nattys. Just personal subjective opinion. If you were my customer I would use Zaino. Why? Better durability.

As an aside, Z2 and Z5 do not remove swirls, Z5 has fillers which hide them (poorly). Zaino is not a polish, that is how it is marketed (people know the word), it is a sealant. Sealants typically have better durabilty than waxes.

Onward...

Old 06-02-2006, 03:54 PM
^ thanks for your insight bro

Old 06-02-2006, 04:25 PM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by picus112
As an aside, Z2 and Z5 do not remove swirls, Z5 has fillers which hide them (poorly). Zaino is not a polish, that is how it is marketed (people know the word), it is a sealant. Sealants typically have better durabilty than waxes.

Onward...

exactly. it's just a bandaid.

I wax my car regularly so zaino is not for me. I use meguiars #80 to REMOVE all the swirls.

Old 06-02-2006, 05:42 PM
Avoiding potholes
Received 150 Likes on 110 Posts
Originally Posted by gary c
Several years ago I found what I believe to be the
finest wax on our planet. It's called Zymol, I use
the clay, cleaner and Zymol concourse wax. Nothing
sticks to my paint, bird sh*t and sap just wash off
without leaving a blemish. I use it on my G and my
wifes Vet. It's like having a plastic cover on your car.
Awesome stuff.
grace

Old 06-03-2006, 02:43 PM
WRAH
Originally Posted by SILVRG35
Natty's Blue or P21S/S100.

Collinite 845 for durability.

Autopians don't seem to buy into Zaino garbage
WHAT!!!! Do a search, people love it over there!!! Its just that autopains site isn't a dealer, hes not going to support a product he doesn't sell!

Old 06-03-2006, 03:55 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I think he meant "Autopians" as in the people that use the forum. Folks there have their typical brand loyalties like anywhere else, but generally products are better understood so some of Zaino's mystique goes away.

Old 06-03-2006, 04:59 PM
I use both on my OB coupe. I did 3 coats of Zaino and topped it off with Natty's Blue. This way I get the best of both worlds; long term protection with the Zaino (just in case the wax is all gone) and nice deep/wet/glossy finish of a carnuba with Natty's.

I'm in sunny SoCal, so I figured that I can always use the extra protection. Also, I usually add another coat of Natty's every 3-4 weeks and sometimes Poorboy's QW+ in weeks between.

I'll probably strip everything and start fresh as I'm coming up to 6 months since the initial detail and need to do a full claybar treatment. LA smog and contaminants FTL.

Old 06-05-2006, 08:31 AM
Has anyone actually even used these two products on the same car to determine their different visual characteristics? I mean, aside from me that is.
But of course....
Test Car 1 - My 1999 Mallett 435 (navy blue metallic)
Speaking strictly of appearance, the finish seemed to look too sterile with the Zaino. It had a plastic-like appearance. The metallic flake in the paint did look good though.
With the Poorboy's Nattys, the finish looked wet but the metallic flakes were muted. I swapped to EX-P and the flakes popped back into the picture but the wetness seemed to be less. All in all, I stuck with EX-P on this car. No good pics of this one.

Test Car 2 - Wife's Metallic Gray DB9
Appearance wise, the Zaino again looked a bit sterile. the Natty's reduced the impact of the flakes and the EX-P brought them back. Based on the use of this vehicle, I decided to stick with Zaino for the time being as I am more concerned with durability than with the looks. I have some decent after shots on this one somewhere.

Test Car 3 - Torch Red C5 Corvette
Go figure, the Zaino looked GREAT on this car. I didn't even try the PB's line on this one seeing as it was a daily driver and I knew it needed some seriously durable sealant. I have a bunch of pictures of how this one came out if anyone is interested.

Test Car 4 - My 06 DG Coupe
I tried Zaino and it did not wow me. It was just not anything special. I swapped to EX-P and loved the look. I now use EX-P and top it with Pinnacle Souveran every now and then. It gives a great, although not too durable, look. No real great pictures of this one.

All in all, I usually lean towards the Poorboy's unless a car is out in the elements 24/7. At that point, I start considering Zaino or Werkstatt. Here is how I see each.

Zaino + Durability
- Somewhat sterile look, pricier than the others if you add ZFX

Poorboy's Nattys + Wet Look, Price
- Mutes metallic flakes, not as durable as Zaino

Poorboy's EX-P Pure Sealant + Look, Price, Ease of Application (can't get any easier!)
- not as durable as Zaino, needs to be topped for the ultimate wet look

-GT

Old 06-05-2006, 09:21 AM
I have also, hence my comments

Old 06-05-2006, 10:09 PM
i used s100 on my car and it looked wonderful. too bad it rained like 10 hrs later.

my friends dad used to use zaino on his black srt10 conv and now he uses nattys blue and i like the nattys much better.

Old 06-07-2006, 01:32 AM
Originally Posted by neal540
i used s100 on my car and it looked wonderful. too bad it rained like 10 hrs later.

my friends dad used to use zaino on his black srt10 conv and now he uses nattys blue and i like the nattys much better.

Actually try both the zaino Z2 (x2) with the nattys blue for topper. Love it on my G Coupe DG color. With the black color then maybe PB EX along with the nattys blue. That's what I'm about to go for on another black car, per Picus recommendation.

Old 06-07-2006, 01:39 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Zymol....start with the liquid....$18

Originally Posted by babylef
^holly **** that stuff is $$$
You don't have to start with the Concourse wax. Try
using the liquid Zymol like I did....goes on easy and
comes off the same way if you don't let it dry. Really
does a fine job and looks great expecially if you use
microfiber towels to wipe off/buff.