Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Ask a Professional Detailer...

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-04-2013, 01:28 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by rsingerG35
Hey there,

What are your thoughts on Nu Finish paste wax?
I used it a long time ago, it's an okay product but I think there are better options. The claims they make in some of their commercials definitely make me laugh. In my opinion you are better off getting a sealant like Menzerna Power Lock Polymer Sealant or AIO product like the Klasse All In One (AIO). I'm not aware of any professional detailer using their products which is another good indicator it's not a top quality product. I'm not trying to put them down, just haven't experienced or heard of enough good info to warrant trying it again.

If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask!

Greg @ DI

Old 02-04-2013, 01:35 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by getupkid
I have a 2005 black G35x which I have neglected for about 2.5 years. I live by the ocean so I have quite a lot of oxidation, and rear bumper looks like the clear coat is coming off. I am going to buy a pc 7424xp and try to repair the paint before all the clear coat starts pealing. I was thinking about going with the following, any suggestions?

Meguiars M105 w/ orange pad
Meguiars M205 w/ black pad

Other questions...

1. Is this enough do you think?
2. What sealant should I use?
3. I am trying to do this on a budget so would the 8oz meguiars be enough or do I need to buy the 24oz?
4. Would 1 pad of each be alright or should I use 2?
I think you are on the right track to restore that like new shine again. The pad and polish combo you mentioned is perfect. I'd recommend getting at least two of each pads, a fresh pad makes a big difference. As for the bottle sizes the 8oz sizes are plenty. I would estimate you'll use about 2 - 3 ounces per application for each polish.

You can use virtually any sealant or wax afterward. One of my favorites is the Menzerna Power Lock Polymer Sealant, great shine and very durable. If you are on a budget the Rejex Sealant is a perfect choice!

Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll be happy to help.

Greg @ DI

Old 02-20-2013, 12:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to remove yellow from 2006 projectors and get them to look brand new again?? please pm me also can u clean your headlights in 30 degree weather or best to wait til its warm?

Old 03-13-2013, 11:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Help the beginner!

How often should I clean my car? When I say that, how often should I do a fully-detailed clean v.s. a regular wash just for maintenance?

I'm really new to my G35 Coupe and I'm just letting all these pollen and crap from the tree pass away by my driveway to let it run its course. I just want to get more savvy and more informed in terms of maintaining and keeping the integrity of my vehicles interior and exterior. Truly a beginner for sure.

Thanks!

KK.

Old 04-10-2013, 01:06 PM
con
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I've done my research and am looking for professional advice.

I have some horizontal scratches that extend from the front wheel well to the rear well on the passenger side from the previous owner. It looks like they brushed against a pole, high curb, wall, or something. The scratches vary from going relativity deep into the primer to just barely into the primer. I tried Meguiers Scratch X and it didn't repair the scratches so they are below the clear coat and paint. In certain lighting conditions you can't even see the scratches, in other lighting conditions it's an eye sore. I've been juggling the thoughts all winter long of professional repair ($1000+ where he said he's sanding and repainting the entire panels of the damaged areas), paint scratch repair with oem paint and the Langka blob remover option, and touch up paint and wet sanding. The only experience I have with repairing scratches is when I tried fixing scratches on my previous car with touch up paint and it didn't turn out to well (this was before I found the Langka system or wet sanding options though). Everyone I've talked to tells me to avoid wet sanding. Watching all these videos on the internet though makes it appear to be the best option. I have OEM spray paint cans and I just ordered the Langka Blob remover as well as micro detail brushes. I'm merely looking to mask the damage as best as possible so it doesn't appear so blatantly in ANY lighting condition. The color is Obisidian Black on a 2008 G35s sedan. The car is also full of rock scratches and whatnot, but I'm not as concerened about though because they are everywhere on the bumper/hood area, and I can justify them by saying they give the car "personality". Some of the hood scratches are pretty bad though and touching them up is in my near future as well. Also the car has pin stripes and a rock cut high and low through the pin stripe. What do you suggest on repairing such damages? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by con; 05-01-2013 at 09:23 AM. Reason: pics
Old 04-22-2013, 10:30 PM
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Okay so first off I've never brought my G to any of those automated car wash stations cause i've heard that they're horrible for your car's paint, but then I came across this one that's pretty close by my house and it's touchless... Here's the link.

http://www.markvii.net/AquaJet-XT-to...er.9181.0.html

Since it's touch less besides maybe the brushes that clean the wheels.. do you think it's okay? I thought it was the brushes that roll around all over the car that cause damage to the paint. Just wondering because it'd be really convenient lol.

Old 05-01-2013, 02:57 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Noob question here...

I have recently purchased 3M's Perfect It polish system. I have some swirling I would like to get rid of. I have an OB paint color. I also recently purchased a PC 7336SP which is like the 7424xp, it was just what Lowe's had at the time.

My question is with the Polish i have and the PC I have, what pads do you recommend?

Old 05-02-2013, 06:58 PM
Hey Greg!! I Have A Quick Question.. What Can I Use To Fix Clear Coat Failure.? The Roof To My G35 Is Starting To Peel.. I Would like To Know If Its A Possible DIY Project Or Should I Just Have A Pro Retailer Do It.. I Could Post Up Pics If You'd Like..

Thanks In Advance..

Old 06-22-2013, 08:26 PM
moved

Last edited by bobalob; 06-22-2013 at 08:31 PM.
Old 08-06-2013, 04:58 PM
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Hey everyone.

First time detailing.

Clayed my car and used a Autoglym high definition cleaner on my car.

Now started polishing with Meg 105 and I find that the polish is breaking down way to fast.

Im using a PC 7424 and 1st used orange pad but then switched to a yellow pad and the results weren't that convincing.
There are still deep cuts in the clear coat. I'm not sure if there is any reduction in swirls and scratches.
I have yet to do a pass with 205 but the results with 105 certainly arent that good.
I'm losing motivation.

the 105 polish hazes on my second pass and i see little white dots while having the speed dial at 4-5.

Im not sure what im doing wrong but i think i made the wrong choice to spend so much money and not get the results i wanted.

What am i doing wrong.

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks.

Old 08-09-2013, 10:34 PM
Received 109 Likes on 99 Posts
Never saw this thread.

So I let a detailer detail my OB coupe, and they swirled n fine scratched me. Supposed to be the best in town but i guess it was according to interior. I had to take my car to them a second time. I took scratch x to my LS door and it seems to did the trick. now I have fine spot holograms rather than long swirl lines which i can def. deal with. it has been good for weeks and several washes.Is this because Im using the product by hand? Any advice before I tackle the other side? A better way to get them out? How necessary is it i polish and wax after using scratch x? I bought this kit, but found the polish hard to work in and remove completely. I def. use the quick wax, its good stuff but washes off.

Old 08-11-2013, 11:41 PM
Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts
Greg,

After driving through a self-service car wash in a rush to make it to work after one of the Arizona dust storms (like a moron I might add), I noticed on my hood, and on the side-view mirrors that it almost looked as if the surfaces were hit with sand paper. I could even see clear coat looking like it was flaking off of my hood. This was a disturbing sight and after learning that these places recycle the dirt-filled water through their over-calibrated pressure washers I figured I need to set out to fix what I had paid to screw up.

I did lightly clay my entire car with a Mother's clay bar I purchased from Autozone, and did two thorough wax's with some Turtle Wax but still it looks no better... Any thoughts, suggestions, insight? What am I doing wrong.

Thanks for all of your help, and I certainly appreciate your time to read, and asses my inquiry.

Old 02-27-2014, 05:47 PM
Please help

Hi Mr.Greg um i just bought my 2nd G35 coupe and the previous owner of the car used super glue to stick a ugly *** type S emblem next to the G35 emblem and also a random S on both doors in the lower corners of the door so i took of all the emblems and i dont know how to take off the super glue w out damaging my paint

Old 02-27-2014, 05:49 PM
and ill try to post up pictures when i get a chance, hoping you might know a solution any thing will help thank you

Old 02-27-2014, 06:09 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Originally Posted by DbigBoss
Hi Mr.Greg um i just bought my 2nd G35 coupe and the previous owner of the car used super glue to stick a ugly *** type S emblem next to the G35 emblem and also a random S on both doors in the lower corners of the door so i took of all the emblems and i dont know how to take off the super glue w out damaging my paint
Wow, what a ****tard. Who would do that? On the door?!? I hope you get it off, man. I know soaking it in water for a long time can help get it off, but I dunno how you'd keep it there. Maybe tie a wet cloth to it...?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Ask a Professional Detailer...