Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Best interior cleaning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2007 | 11:57 PM
|
Best interior cleaning

Have had my 07 G35 Sedan for a week now and am curious what you all use to keep the interior clean. I just purchased some Meguiars cleaner/conditioner for the leather seats, but what do you guys use for the rest of the interior? I noticed there's detailing spray which is supposedly good for all the interior parts, anyone use this stuff yet (Meguiars and others make them)? Or just armor-all type stuff on the dash, doors, etc?

Old 04-03-2007 | 12:06 AM
Additional questions

I'm also interested in everyone's responses.

As far as taking care of the leather, I would appreciate any recommendations.
Which brands of leather cleaners/conditioners are good?

Thanks in advance.

Old 04-03-2007 | 12:10 AM
i use the Optimum line --- The No-Rinse Wash is awesome (not for interior) -- so is the spray on wax ... there is a Protectant Plus cleaner that is great for interiors

http://www.ecocarcare.net/package-deal.php

can find it here

Last edited by calibur45; 04-03-2007 at 12:18 AM.
Old 04-03-2007 | 07:20 AM
kenstewart - I've only used Meguiars car care products on my '07. For example, the Gold Class Leather Wipes work very well on the leather interior. Very happy with the look afterwards. Would recommend after application you wipe the excess liquid off to allow for a non-grease feel. IMHO.

Old 04-03-2007 | 01:26 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
I'm a little spoiled being that Detailed Image is still like a candy store for me, but this is what I use on my personal vehicles interiors:
  • 303 Fabric Cleaner - diluted to 8:1 for an all purpose vinyl, rubber, carpet, plastic, leather cleaner
  • 303 Aerospace Protectant - UV protection for vinyl and rubber surfaces
  • 303 High Tech Fabric Guard - typically use every 2 months to help prevent stains on my carpets and floor mats
  • Plexus - I use this on my guages, stereo faces, nav screens b/c I like its anti-static properties on plastic
  • Leatherique Prestine Clean and Rejuvenator Oil - usually give a treatment of PC once a season and RO my seats at least once a year.
  • Stoner's Invisible Glass - great foam based cleaner that's safe on tint... I typically end up using a few microfiber towels and every once in a while, will use the old newspaper trick
  • Baking Soda - every so often I'll leave a plate of baking soda in my car overnight to help absorb any odors from food, pets, etc.
  • Vac 'n Blow - I think this is a great portable vacuum that is lightweight, easy to maneuver and has attachments that go down to the size of a pencil eraser and has tiny bristles on it. It also doubles up as a blower which makes it easy to clean and blow out those hard to reach areas, pushing the dirt onto the carpets to clean when you vacuum.
  • Carpet Brush - an essential tool when cleaning stains on carpet
  • Spray bottle of hot water - Hot water can help break up stubborn stains, especially on carpets. A carpet cleaner, spray bottle of hot water, firm bristle brush and a wet / dry vacuum is a cheaper alternative to a professional carpet extractor.
  • A dozen or so Microfiber Towels
  • Beverage of choice

That's my arsenal I keep handy for my interior cleaning.

George

Old 04-03-2007 | 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by kenstewart
Have had my 07 G35 Sedan for a week now and am curious what you all use to keep the interior clean. I just purchased some Meguiars cleaner/conditioner for the leather seats, but what do you guys use for the rest of the interior? I noticed there's detailing spray which is supposedly good for all the interior parts, anyone use this stuff yet (Meguiars and others make them)? Or just armor-all type stuff on the dash, doors, etc?
I've been a Meguirs fan for many years now. I especially like their Tech Wax and Quick Detailer, along w/ the Clay Bar. But, I don't like their leather products. I'm trying my first bottle of Interior Detailer now - its "okay". For leather, I've come to like Zymol.

Old 04-03-2007 | 05:55 PM
Many guys on Autopia have had great luck with WOOLITE water mixture. For stains, I found also on Autopia that FOLEX works great! That stuff will get anything out, is cheap and can be found at target!

Old 04-03-2007 | 06:09 PM
I am a Meguiar's fan but don't like their leather care products at all. For leather care I use Lexol or more recently the Zaino leather care products simply because of their smell.

For the rest of the interior I use Meguiar's NXT Tech Protectant (or whatever it is called). 303 Aerospace protectant is another good one that I like.

Old 04-03-2007 | 06:57 PM
|
Wow! Lots of great info, thank you everyone. Seeing a few posts of not liking the Meguiar's leather care product. Can Zaino's be bought in store somewhere or only online or through Zaino?

Old 04-03-2007 | 07:05 PM
I use diluted 10:1 woolite and warm water mixed in a 2 gallon bucket for most of the interior with a few microfibers and an interior brush, and either diluted woolite in a bottle or 303 spot cleaner on the carpets or stubborn spots on the interior. The key for carpets is to rub out the excess liquid with a clean towel to remove as mush excess cleaner as possible

Old 04-03-2007 | 07:12 PM
Interior.......even on a sedan!

What ever you do, don't use Armor All inside your vehicle! It will eventually
end up on the inside of your windows as a haze......ugly! I use Zymol cleaner
and then their conditioner on the leather seats/doors/dash. I don't allow
anyone to eat in my cars (ever) so I don't have any other issues with keeping
my interior clean.

Last edited by gary c; 04-03-2007 at 07:18 PM.
Old 04-03-2007 | 07:34 PM
workin...
Premier Member
zaino's got stuff for the interior. people remark that my car still has the "new car smell" over 1 year later.

Old 04-03-2007 | 08:04 PM
im gonna try that baking soda trick

Old 04-03-2007 | 09:03 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by Diesel1
Many guys on Autopia have had great luck with WOOLITE water mixture. For stains, I found also on Autopia that FOLEX works great! That stuff will get anything out, is cheap and can be found at target!
I have also heard good things about FOLEX but have yet to try it.

George @ Detailed Image

Old 05-09-2007 | 08:02 PM
you use leather cleaner on the vinyl panels and dash?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best interior cleaning