Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Zaino CS su*cks. [ My first negative review about zaino ]

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 11:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Zaino CS su*cks. [ My first negative review about zaino ]

I been using Zaino for years on my 05 DG g35 & loved it. I used to use Z-5folowed by a few coats of Z2 w/ZFX. The aftermath was amazing. Recently I used ZAIO & CS for the first time. First off ZAIO is "good" but a bi*tch to get off. CS on the other hand su*cks. It left the car looking good from a distance [ However when light from lamps, lights,or fluorescents hit the car you see haze marks. WTF; I first thought I used to much, but I just think it is a characteristic of the seal. I would of rather spent the extra 45 minutes using Z-2 with ZFX. I would not recommend the use of zaino CS for any true detailer or individual who is picky like me. Now I am $80 short & need to figure out what the hell I am going to do. I wish I never got lazy and used CS.

Old 09-19-2007, 11:22 AM
G35driver Addict
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
maybe it was the method you used to apply. I don't see how the CS could leave swirls if you just wipe it on.

I don't see how ZAIO left swirls either. you probably made swirls when you rubbed it off since you said it was a b*tch to get off.

Old 09-19-2007, 11:28 AM
did you try contacting zaino? they're usually pretty helpful with their products.

Old 09-19-2007, 11:48 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Unhappy

FYI...I didn't like the CS either.

Old 09-19-2007, 03:24 PM
No it was the CS-The car finish was perfect after ZAIO- After the CS it was shinny-but when you look really close you see circular haze marks?. I e-mailed ZAINO,but they just told me what I already read about in regards to drying time and application. If you really need to be that careful about the application for perfect results then In my eyes it is not a good product.

Old 09-19-2007, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by izmir41500
maybe it was the method you used to apply. I don't see how the CS could leave swirls if you just wipe it on.

I don't see how ZAIO left swirls either. you probably made swirls when you rubbed it off since you said it was a b*tch to get off.

I never said ZAIO left swirls. It left the paint looking really good. Just hard to remove. The CS is were i had issues......

Old 09-19-2007, 07:37 PM
EZZ
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You used too much. I had that too and the way to remove the haze is use Z8. CS is DURABLE and easy to use but there is a slight learning curve. After you learn how to use it...the easiest product in the world.

Old 09-28-2007, 11:39 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by EZZ
You used too much. I had that too and the way to remove the haze is use Z8. CS is DURABLE and easy to use but there is a slight learning curve. After you learn how to use it...the easiest product in the world.

Do you have any further instructions on how to use it? (or how you use it?) I just ordered some ZCS along with my regular z2/5/6/8... I'd like to give it a try as a top coat to z2

Old 09-29-2007, 12:19 AM
It seems that the hype from all the shills Zaino uses has quieted down a bit now and we're hearing a good number of less than positive reviews of this product.

Old 09-30-2007, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by Konsole
Do you have any further instructions on how to use it? (or how you use it?) I just ordered some ZCS along with my regular z2/5/6/8... I'd like to give it a try as a top coat to z2

If you have a good finish like I did, & are picky like I am. I would not use CS. Use Zaino Z2 with ZFX it was been the best for me. CS sucks and two many people have already had issues with it including myself. If you dare to use CS use very very little and I would put in on it strait overlapping patters NOT overlapping circles. It is better to use to little and put two coats on. However & will not use it on my G. I would rather take the extra 30 minutes to use Z2/ZFX... I thik CS is the lazy persons quick shine with a few sacrifices. Nothing comes easy!!!!

Old 10-04-2007, 02:42 PM
Update 10/04/07 [ Re-Aplication Of ZAIO & CS ]

Originally Posted by 05GCOUPE6MT
I been using Zaino for years on my 05 DG g35 & loved it. I used to use Z-followed by a few coats of Z2 w/ZFX. The aftermath was amazing. Recently I used ZAIO & CS for the first time. First off ZAIO is "good" but a bi*tch to get off. CS on the other hand su*cks. It left the car looking good from a distance [ However when light from lamps, lights,or fluorescents hit the car you see haze marks. WTF; I first thought I used to much, but I just think it is a characteristic of the seal. I would of rather spent the extra 45 minutes using Z-2 with ZFX. I would not recommend the use of zaino CS for any true detailer or individual who is picky like me. Now I am $80 short & need to figure out what the hell I am going to do. I wish I never got lazy and used CS.
I removed the CS with ZAIO but still had a bi*tch of a time removind the ZAIO. It left residue on the finish. In desperation I then used Z5 and it took off the residue from the ZAIO and the car looked amazing. I put another coat of CS on and it did not look as bad. However; I think you are suppose to put in on with up and down OR left to right applications. Not circular. The funny thing is I noticed the directions on the bottle are a little different then the directions on the website. Take a look.. I still have a few spots that have haze. I am still not convinced CS is a good product. ZAIO did not work well for me either. . This time I used VERY little ZAIO and had a bi*ch of a time removing. To remove I had to used Z5 and it took off all the residue off from the ZAIO & the haze marks from the CS. The car looks bad As*right now. I will not be using ZAIO and CS again. These products do not come close to the quality of Z5 & Z2. CS should have VERY clear directions and applications procedures. BY ZAINO being so unclear with CS instructions many people will have issues with CS. I know now that the car needs to be optically perfect meaning that all dirt, prior wax, water or oil must be removed. IF CS picks up the tiniest bit of prior WAX ,OIL DIRT from moldings it will cause issues such as HAZE. What happened to me is slight haze marks were the paint meets the window moldings on the top near the sunroof, as well as near the windows; ie; black molding meets the paint. If ANYONE thinks my car was not cleaned they are wrong. I washed the car VERY WELL before application. In my eyes an individual would have to spend SO much prep time to get a optically perfect shine it will far exceed the time spent using CS. Black cars will have issues with over use of CS. Light cars will show haze if the finish is not perfect & spotless. Like I said to many IF'S to get a perfect finish. Not worth it in my eyes. I will stay with Z5/Z2.... I just wanted to keep my fellow G35 members aware of my experience.

Last edited by 05GCOUPE6MT; 10-04-2007 at 03:09 PM.