Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Picked up my G from the dealer, and found my Volks looking like this!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 01:18 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Originally Posted by gary c
These remarks....^.... just prove how good TRUE WHEEL is at making Volks look better than new. WTF I've had two sets of Volks and they've repaired/polished my Volks SF Winnings twice because my wife has issue with parking and curbs. They told me that Volks couldn't be cleared because the flex. Volks don't come from the factory with an automotive clear coat, it's a totally different process! I'll compare my wheels and their finish any day to what the factory finish looks like. Rebalancing not necessary when you mark the tire and wheel and reinstll them in the exact same place....Fact!
Gary
TRUE WHEEL are obviously incompetent at their job and you are dumb for believing the BS they fed you. They told you they cant be cleared because they are too lazy to do it. Volks come with an anodized clear coat, it is still a clear coat just dipped instead of sprayed. A typical aluminum anodizing layer is 2-3 mils, a typical automotive clear coat is about 1-2 mils thick. So if a person was stupid enough to believe their rims flex, the thicker coating would be much more prone to damage.

While volks many not have a traditional spray on clear, almost all forged wheels do... DPE, HRE, iForged, D2 Forged, VIP Modular, BBS, ADV.1, ect. Almost every single factory wheel also has a spray on clear coat as well.

Yes a clear is not completely translucent and a straight polished lip will look better, but it also requires considerably more effort to maintain, constantly repolishing and sealing. Unless it is a trailer queen, common sense would dictate a normal person would prefer a clear coat to alleviate the constant upkeep.

If TRUE WHEEL ever tried to feed me the BS they did you, I would back hand the guy and take my business to someone that actually knows what they are doing.

The following users liked this post:
Cux350z (08-17-2013)
Old 08-02-2013, 10:29 AM
Received 71 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
TRUE WHEEL are obviously incompetent at their job and you are dumb for believing the BS they fed you.

If TRUE WHEEL ever tried to feed me the BS they did you, I would back hand the guy and take my business to someone that actually knows what they are doing.
lol awe man.. yall are too much, but one thing I can agree on.. is that I know my WORK wheels were coated until they got messed up. The guy I took mine too had to take it down to the metal and then repolish them, after that seal them, but it still takes maintenance to keep them clean

Old 08-08-2013, 02:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another update: I just got off the phone with the wheel repair guy, and got his side of the story. Turns out, he knew exactly what needed to be done with my wheels (pulling them apart and polishing them, the whole deal). He told Steve the service manager all that needed to be done, but Steve said there was no way he was paying for that. So he told the repair guy Pete to just basically do a quick touch up to get them looking better. Pete was never informed that he was working on a customers car, so he was under the impression they just wanted it cleaned up quick for sale (what he usually does for them). He also said that whatever they used that ate the clear coat, looks like it also rusted the bolts. He said he's willing to bet some of them will break when they're pulled apart, so I'll need new bolts as well. Turns out this dealership isn't just screwing me, but they don't even want to pay him either for the work he did. Looks like a trip is in order tomorrow to see the GM.

Old 08-08-2013, 03:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keep us posted chief

Old 08-09-2013, 09:55 AM
Received 88 Likes on 80 Posts
What Infiniti dealer is this?

Old 08-09-2013, 02:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rsingerG35
What Infiniti dealer is this?
Lia Infiniti in Cohoes, NY.

The following users liked this post:
bigjee (08-18-2013)
Old 08-09-2013, 03:22 PM
Received 109 Likes on 99 Posts
where did I hear it was OC infiniti from?? :- /

Old 08-17-2013, 02:47 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
This is why I use stock wheels now.. what a pain... what do you guys do when you curb a wheel??

Old 08-17-2013, 08:53 AM
Received 84 Likes on 65 Posts
OP whatever you do, ignore Gary's advice. He is full of chit.

To fix these wheels with polishing youll have to say goodbye to your GTF decals.

Honestly, this is a small claims court issue. The only way to get your wheels back to the condition you brought them in is to buy another set. this set is totaled. No, the soap didnt do that, whatever wheel and tire cleaner they used did.

that manager guy is a POS douche! Sadly theyll keep him around because he saves them money. The lady sounds like a TRUE customer service person but shell get fired for doing what is right.

Polishing the aluminum is not the answer unless you re-clear. I have heard people say that clearing is not the answer. They just dont want to have to paint a wheel barrel since it is not easy. A lot of labor and skill to do it right.

Old 08-18-2013, 07:32 AM
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Opticoat the barrels next time to prevent this from happening.

Wish you best of luck.

Old 08-27-2013, 03:25 AM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
^this.

Old 08-27-2013, 09:48 AM
Received 135 Likes on 101 Posts
^ This^2.

Old 09-07-2013, 06:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need

Moar updatez

Old 09-07-2013, 09:57 PM
Received 856 Likes on 744 Posts
Updates??

Old 09-14-2013, 06:53 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
wow they messed that up. sorry to hear that. any updates?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Picked up my G from the dealer, and found my Volks looking like this!