Anyone heard of TriNet brand rotors?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 02:52 AM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Anyone heard of TriNet brand rotors?

I ran into these because someone is selling a set of 4 in the private classifieds. They are dirt cheap and they even have rotors for the OEM Brembo's. You get to choose from 24 different drill or slot designs.

They are selling front AND rear rotors for $239.99 + shipping (~$51 here). This is cheaper than anything I've seen for just the front rotors with OEM Brembo's.

Here is their eBay page for the one's I'm looking at: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...157625250&rd=1

Too good to be true? I'm looking at the F1 series "Shank" design.

Old 09-20-2007, 12:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
they are an ebay brand that buys chinese rotors and cuts them. i would not trust their drilling skills...for not much more you can get powerslots or powerstops

Old 05-02-2008, 09:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just got these. They are noisy. First shipment was the wrong size and had to wait another week for them to ship me correct ones. The ones I received had some chips on the inside. I'm going to give it 1 month and if at least the metal on metal sound from the brake pad on the rotor goes away I'll be happy. I dont know if I can live with having that metal grinding sound for more than that.

Old 04-07-2009, 12:15 AM
Thanks, I was about to buy them, too.

Old 04-07-2009, 01:08 AM
I ran into a guy the other day who had these on his G with OEM brembos and he said hes had them almost a year and loves them. He's never had a problem at all with them. Im gonna pick some up, just to satisfy the brake mod bug til I can get a BBK

Old 04-07-2009, 09:28 AM
i.love.gold
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Top Speed offers rotors for the non-Brembo applications and they're in Addison.

Old 04-07-2009, 12:23 PM
Non-Brembo=FAIL.....Unless you have a BBK haha

Old 04-07-2009, 12:29 PM
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Check out OC Autosports Cliffhanger line. They've had a few good reviews here. I'm due for a new set of rotors/pads after the track event this past weekend! I'm trying to decide if I should just go with the G37 Akebono BBK.

Old 09-25-2011, 01:17 PM
I love them

I'm going to revive this old thread because I ran across it while looking for reviews on the TriNet galvanized brake rotors.

I pulled the trigger and bought a full set. I actually bought the rears from Amazon, and a more established brand of slotted for the front.. but the other vendor didn't ship for a couple weeks so I cancelled.

The Amazon order went above and beyond. The vendor actually called me the day after I placed the order to confirm I was getting the correct part. It was a real employee, not some out-sourced script-droid. I was impressed.

When I called back to order the fronts, I think I got the same guy. There were no problems with the order (checked stock for my Hyundai too), but also happy to answer some questions about break in. The zinc is rough, like a galvanized nail, so I was worried about tearing up my new ceramics. They recommended against turning them before installation. Sure enough, I gave them a firm set after install.. they were rough for a few stops and then silky smooth. no problems.

The Rotors... had them on for a few months and I drive quite a bit. The Zinc is still shiny like the day I put them on. With Akebono ceramic pads I've got almost no dust, no noise, and it stops on a dime.. very even, no drama, no pulling. The rotor steel appears to be of high quality. I don't get surface rusting if it's sitting out in the rain for a day. What brake doesn't surface rust? My hyundai's actually pit.. and the old NTB rotors on the Infiniti would rust if it was humid out.
I ran my finger across them and I've got almost no wear after a few months. I don't recall exactly where on the OD I put them on, but I think it's well over 5000 miles.
I should mention.. I put most of my miles on in stop-and-go rush-hour traffic. My driving style ranges from trying to save gas by timing lights and not touching the brake.. to trying to kick the rear out around corners and braking hard on occasion. I suppose I average out to an average driver.

Oh, the car is a 2006 M35x. I can't believe I don't have more wear. It's a 4500lb car. I'm not a track driver but it's an awful big car that I like to drive hard from time to time. I got it used w/ 24K miles on it and the stock goodyears where shot, and the stock rotors went soon after. 25K later, the 2nd set of rotors were completely ruined (warn paper thin and warped). I'm not close to 25K on these yet but they're holding up remarkably well.

I'm buying a set for my Hyundai. Best purchase I've made in a long time.

P.S. I love my Akebono ceramic pads too. Almost no dust, no noise, confident stopping.

Last edited by sbandyk; 09-25-2011 at 01:28 PM. Reason: grammer, added a bit more detail.