[DFW] What have you done to your G Today?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 01:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by g35man04
MObil 1 Synthetic in all of my cars including Parents since Day 1!!! no issues here at all!
I'm pretty sure the 04-05 dont have an issue.

I've been a Mobil 1 kinda guy for xx years (long time). All my cars/trucks have run it fine. My G just drinks the stuff like crazy. I'll be building the engine at some point so I'm not gonna bother to take it back and go through the routine again to get another one. I've only got about 25,000 miles on this one. Now an oil catch can is something worth doing.

Old 05-06-2011, 01:50 PM
Received 61 Likes on 55 Posts
I had an 06 with the revup motor (which does affect SOME 05's) and I didn't have any OC problems. Of course, I was very particular about mine when I got her. She got 2 full runs with regular oil through the break in period. Then I switched to the fully synthetic. Gotta let things set right and synthetic doesn't always do that if the motor wasn't designed with synthetic in mind (i.e. LS motors)

Old 05-06-2011, 02:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by twalls
Mine are bad to.. Going w/ Whitelines here in the near future..
+1

I've got all the whitelines.. except rear diff (spl solid there) just sitting there in my garage ready and waiting. I even have the whiteline subframe bushings which I have decided not to do... so if anyone is looking for some let me know.

Old 05-06-2011, 03:57 PM
Received 291 Likes on 218 Posts
Did a full car wash and detail on the car. It came from the dealer already detailed and waxed. So I just washed it down and used some mothers showtime shine. Clean the wheels and apply tire dressing and detailed the interior. Plan to touch up the engine bay and condition the leather later on tonight along with a full window cleaning. Threw in an air freshener to make it smell fresh. Checked Oil in the morning after sitting all night and oil level is at FULL. I noticed at least with me that i always have a rag in the car to check oil and maybe all Revup owners have this too

Old 05-06-2011, 06:51 PM
Went back out to finish up on the detail and condition the leather. Took some pics for you guys to check out. I will be going to the dealer next month to get the rock chip up front touched up and the scratch on the back bumper. I have some touch up paint but would rather let the dealer. Early in the morning before I started the car I put some belt conditioner on the accessory belts since they would make a 3-4 second squeal noise. After applying the conditioner i have not heard the squeal and put a very little amount since too much would eat away and ruin the belt. I plan to change belts within 6,000 miles along with spark plugs and fluids.

Old 05-06-2011, 06:55 PM
Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts
^Looks good! Glad to see another sedaner in DFW. Now drop that 4x4 lol

Old 05-06-2011, 07:18 PM

Received 802 Likes on 678 Posts
G35 Sedan
Originally Posted by DrewLe
Exactly lol I have an extra set of zsprings for him

Old 05-06-2011, 07:49 PM
Thanks man i am loving this BEAST and the 6mt. Working on a drop but nothing aggressive since I still have to carry around baby boi and want reliability.

Originally Posted by JaE35
Exactly lol I have an extra set of zsprings for him

Man If you extra springs collecting dust i would love to have them. I am actually working with "g35man04" & "acidjake75" to get some really good labor rates to do my best to stay away from STEALERSHIPS. I am trying to be frugal with the drop since I want to really focus on Maintenance like Coolants, tranny fluid, Clutch fluid, Clutch, Belts, Plugs, LCA Bushing, CR bushing, Camber control arms and other minor things to get this baby ready to hit 250k. I am thinking Tokico d-spec shocks with g35/z springs or maybe z springs all around not sure.

thanks

Old 05-06-2011, 08:00 PM
Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts
Finished up my front brake line tuck

Old 05-06-2011, 08:02 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
you should get some rear splash guards!

Im extremely jealous of your sedan.

Old 05-06-2011, 08:20 PM

G35 Sedan
Originally Posted by faiz23
Thanks man i am loving this BEAST and the 6mt. Working on a drop but nothing aggressive since I still have to carry around baby boi and want reliability.

Man If you extra springs collecting dust i would love to have them. I am actually working with "g35man04" & "acidjake75" to get some really good labor rates to do my best to stay away from STEALERSHIPS. I am trying to be frugal with the drop since I want to really focus on Maintenance like Coolants, tranny fluid, Clutch fluid, Clutch, Belts, Plugs, LCA Bushing, CR bushing, Camber control arms and other minor things to get this baby ready to hit 250k. I am thinking Tokico d-spec shocks with g35/z springs or maybe z springs all around not sure.

thanks
g35man04(chris) will definitely take good care of you man, he pulled my z suspension off yesterday actually when i was doing a swap. I will practically give you my set, you could go full Z but you'll be slightly lower in the rear than the front. A lot of the guys on here can toss you the coupe springs for your rear and you can use my z springs in the front. That will bring you down about an inch in the front and a little under an inch in the rear. Will give you a stiffer ride with better handling without sacrificing much. And if the dspecs are in your price range get them

Old 05-06-2011, 08:23 PM

G35 Sedan
Originally Posted by fobizzle
you should get some rear splash guards!

Im extremely jealous of your sedan.
How's your hunt coming man? I've seen quite a few 6mt coupe's on here in range your looking for

Old 05-06-2011, 08:36 PM
Received 111 Likes on 98 Posts
Originally Posted by gshadyz
Finished up my front brake line tuck
Post pics or it didnt happen

Old 05-06-2011, 08:37 PM
Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by faiz23

thanks
For reference, my fender to ground height atm is 27" in the front and 26.75" in the rear with a full revised Z suspension. Stock ride height is 28". It rides nice and handles good, only problem is I want to go moar low now lol.

Old 05-06-2011, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by JaE35
g35man04(chris) will definitely take good care of you man, he pulled my z suspension off yesterday actually when i was doing a swap. I will practically give you my set, you could go full Z but you'll be slightly lower in the rear than the front. A lot of the guys on here can toss you the coupe springs for your rear and you can use my z springs in the front. That will bring you down about an inch in the front and a little under an inch in the rear. Will give you a stiffer ride with better handling without sacrificing much. And if the dspecs are in your price range get them
Thanks man i am looking forward to working with other members on the forum and get there assistance in wrenching on my vehicle. This forum is very welcoming and makes me feel better about my purchase and getting assistance in maintenance, repairs and mods. I am looking forward to a drop and would like a 1" drop or slightly more.

For reference, my fender to ground height atm is 27" in the front and 26.75" in the rear with a full revised Z suspension. Stock ride height is 28". It rides nice and handles good, only problem is I want to go moar low now lol.

Thanks man that is not too bad in the back but unfortunately it adds up for me. I will be tossing a small slim sub in the back and have a stroller along with some car fluids and other crap like groceries or whatever not. I would like to be even all around so when i add the stuff in the trunk it will not sag too bad. Thanks for the info that helps out and i might just go like 1.5" but then i am asking for pain on bushings.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: [DFW] What have you done to your G Today?