Testing the waters: Interest in full Part out?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 04:06 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Testing the waters: Interest in full Part out?

Hey guys,

It's that time of the year again. The time where I see a relatively good deal on a car that is way to expensive for me to own but I get tempted anyway and start thinking of what I would need to do to make it happen!

With that said, I wanted to gauge the interest in the aftermarket parts on my car. I would perform a part out if I have people interested in all parts save for perhaps the motordyne iso spacer, which will stay on the car.

JWT Twin Turbo, twin-intercooler kit: $3,950

This includes everything but the engine management, so two garrett BB gt25 water cooled turbos, two intercoolers, blow off valve, fuel pump, all intake and intercooler piping, exhaust manifold, FMU unit etc.

Power Enterprise 380cc injectors: $10 + your stock injectors if you buy the turbo kit.

JWT engine management box (split second box): $350

This has tons of hours of tuning time and $$$ put into it, and additionally has been programmed to control fuel in addition to ignition timing. The stock kit comes with the engine management just pulling back timing. I found that it ran a bit lean up top. So I got bigger injectors and had Tony Palo from T1 motorsports wire up the fuel control as well and tune. After some air flow mods (iso spacer and test pipes) I had Chris Macellaro do a re-tune as well as making things more conservative so I could hit the track worry free.
Note: I advise any potential buyer to still do a fine tuning session after their install. This will likely be just 1 hour on the dyno to account for any small differences between my setup and yours. The bulk of the long hours of tuning has already been done and paid for.

1 step colder NGK spark plugs: Free with the turbo kit

Megan boost gauge: $10 with the turbo kit

AEM air/fuel gauge + sensor: $50 new in box

Resonated test pipes with additional O2 bungs welded in + O2 sensor extensions: $100

Stoptech slotted rotors: $100 for all 4 plus your stock Brembo kit rotors

Bilstien PSS9 height and rebound adjustable coilover: $1000.

Get some real quality coilovers for a great price. These have been dialed in. Previously, the ride was very bouncy, it is now perfect.

Hotchkis 2nd Gen adjustable sway bars: $190

Powergrid adjustable endlinks (front): $70 + your 05+ front endlinks

TopSpeed mid chassis brace: $40. I did have this scrape against something, so it's not in perfect condition. I will take pictures for anyone interested.

mint Enkei RPF1 18x9.5” (f) 18x10.5” (r) with Toyo T1R's: $850 + your 2 stock coupe 18" front wheels.

Motordyne XYZ pipe: $390

The clutch, spacer, fuel pressure gauge, stainless steel brake and clutch lines will stay on the car. you want to buy something, come take it off the car

Oooor, if you want to buy the whole car, I give you gud deal! Lets say, $21,500. it's got 47K on it, you can find the details in my old for sale ad from a couple years ago or so.

Post up if you are interested in anything!

Old 07-07-2011, 04:58 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
dibs on the sways..

Old 07-07-2011, 05:01 PM
Received 136 Likes on 62 Posts
I'd probably be interested in the suspension and test pipes

Old 07-07-2011, 05:12 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
damn it jake.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:43 PM

Received 802 Likes on 678 Posts
G35 Sedan
I would want the test pipes as well pending on as long as their not megan

Old 07-07-2011, 10:55 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts
Dont do it Adam!!!!

Old 07-08-2011, 01:11 AM
Originally Posted by fobizzle
damn it jake.
I got you covered if he actually goes through with it.. I hope he doesnt though..

I will be like this when I get to take off the sways..

then like this when I go home...

Old 07-08-2011, 01:18 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 152 Likes on 117 Posts
adam I may be interested in the Enkeis as an extra set of wheels for track use when I get the courage to start doing it.

Old 07-08-2011, 02:13 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by acidjake75
I got you covered if he actually goes through with it.. I hope he doesnt though..

I will be like this when I get to take off the sways..

then like this when I go home...
Well I call whatever sways you have! you're always jumping on the best deals...

Old 07-08-2011, 08:06 AM
how about I just take that TT kit off your hands... I know you want to get into another car bad! I'll do all the work

Old 07-08-2011, 08:25 AM
I will snag them endlinks too.. So endlinks and sways for me...

I have to ask Adam, what are you lusting over? What is this car you daydream about? lol

Old 07-08-2011, 10:12 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by syshs
Dont do it Adam!!!!
Yash, stop trying to talk sense into me. Let me experience my midlife crisis, damnnit. lol

Originally Posted by sexyrob
how about I just take that TT kit off your hands... I know you want to get into another car bad! I'll do all the work
And with that, the major components are spoken for and the selling can begin. I will place a new post in the for sale section with the names of those who have indicated interest in front of the respective items as pending. I have several pm's asking for items already spoken for, those will be treated as a next-in-line-in-case-it-falls-through basis.

Rob, just to be clear, are you still interested in the bilstien coilovers and test pipes, or just the TT kit?

Chris, these are great track wheels, light and durable, you'll like 'em

Jake, I'm gonna stay silent on the car I am lusting over until I actually go through with this sale and suddleny show up to a meet in said car Back in 2009 when this last happened it was a Porsche twin turbo. It's a different car this time, because I checked out the TT and was not impressed in comparing it's speed with my TT G.

Old 07-08-2011, 10:15 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
TopSpeed mid chassis brace...hit me up

Old 07-08-2011, 10:19 AM
sorry, I do not mean to mislead you. there is no way I could afford that kit, even though you have it priced well already. I'd need a stupid deal to be able to get it, how ever if you need someone to help uninstall it let me know.

the coils right now are a maybe, I actually just came across something else this morning that has piqued my interest.

still want the TP's tho.

Old 07-08-2011, 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by Mad A
Jake, I'm gonna stay silent on the car I am lusting over until I actually go through with this sale and suddleny show up to a meet in said car Back in 2009 when this last happened it was a Porsche twin turbo. It's a different car this time, because I checked out the TT and was not impressed in comparing it's speed with my TT G.
I hope that happens again bro however I cant wait to see whats in store..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Testing the waters: Interest in full Part out?