help please :( service engine soon light came on..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 07:17 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
help please :( service engine soon light came on..

hey guys need some advice i got into my car today after work and turn it on and the service engine light, slip, and VDC light came on i freaked out turned it off quickly and turn it back on and just the service engine light was on.

i drove around back and my coworker that works in the car audio department check out the car and the code p2135 came up, has something to do with throttle pedal sensor.

been doing some research on these forums and have found really what i need to do, some people wrote to replace the whole throttle body and some others were something about my pedals. i have no idea lol

has anyone had this issue? please help this is my every day car and i love my car, i hate when its sick...

Old 08-27-2011, 07:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had that problem. If you are still under warranty, u can have the dealership try and replace the throttle body and pedals. I paid out of pocket for those things. Didnt fix my problem. Check to see if your wheel speed sensors are giving erratic readings. Mine was. Replaced the wheel speed sensors too. Didnt fix the problem. Turns out the bearing or hub thing on the wheel just needed to be replaced. Replaced that. Never had a problem since. Hope that helps. Hope you dont waste a ton of money like I did trying to track down the problem.

Old 08-27-2011, 07:48 PM
thanks for your input man, did you feel anything different in the car? cuz driving home i didn't feel anything different and people wit that code in the forums were talking how their cars went limp and wouldnt pass 40MPH but mine was driving fine???

Old 08-27-2011, 08:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you wont feel anything different till the slip and vdc light comes on. Then its exactly as they describe. Limp mode. The car wont go over 40mph no matter how hard u are mashing on the pedals and regardless of what gear you are in. Also the rpm would max out around 2k or something low like that. And so you pull over on the side of the road and turn off your car and turn it back on to reset it. Sometimes takes 3-4 times of resetting your car before you can drive again. And of course this would happen randomly.. So you might make it home with no limp mode 1 day and 7 limp modes the next day. Frustrating to say the least.

Old 08-27-2011, 08:12 PM
damn and i dont want to take it to the stealership lol dont have a manufacture warranty did get this other warranty thru the dealership but i dont know where i put any of the paperwork and i dont think its covered ill see whats up and what i can find, a friend of the family said to try disconnecting the battery for awhile then connect it back and see if that takes it away, which i dont think it will but doesnt hurt to try lol

Old 08-27-2011, 08:57 PM
well i unplugged the battery waited 10 minutes then i turn on and no service engine soon light came on , drove around for a couple miles and everything seems fine, im glad im off tomorrow ill check it again tomorrow see if anything is different, thanks for your help man

Old 08-27-2011, 11:33 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
dude if you have a warranty...use it.. if not - stop by...I can clear it for ya..

Old 08-27-2011, 11:51 PM
I have a feeling if I call them they are going to say its voided since I did mods to the car but yeah man if I drive around tomorrow and the light comes on I'll hit you up I can't afford to not have a working car