Service Engine Light...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 08:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Service Engine Light...

Gotta an 03 G35c with 24560 miles on it.... today driving home from work SERVICE ENGINE SOON light came up...wondering if thats because its about to hit 25k? and time for a check up or... something else that may be wrong with the car.... cause its a lil early?

Old 03-11-2006, 08:17 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
The SES light will not come on just because there is a service due. Some kind of sensor has tripped that will cause the SES light, I would call Grubbs and make an appt.

Old 03-11-2006, 08:35 PM
Bring it in...... 25K light will not come on for that service

Old 03-12-2006, 12:45 AM
crap what could it be.... i got a CAI ? and thats about it... unless its one of the electrical problems ive been having?

Old 03-12-2006, 01:59 AM
2 Cars......2 Turbos...
There are so many sensors and crap it could be one of a million things...hence why those damn lights were invented in the first place. But I would take it to Grubbs and let them get the specific engine code you tripped and hten go from there. If all you have a CAI the only thing I can come up with (but wouldn't know why they tripped) would be a MAF sensor, or a TPS (Throttle position sensor). Another CAI related problem could be a vacuum line got disconnected. But if something is seriously wrong you are only hurting yourself in the end by not having it fixed so get that beast taken care of.

Old 03-12-2006, 07:33 AM
yeahppp taking it to Grubbs on Monday.... see what they tell me... ill let you guys know

Old 03-13-2006, 11:45 AM
i called grubbs early this morning to set an appt. got one here in a little while at 11:30 they said theres some sort of vacum hose/fuel hose recall and i have to have less then a quarter tank of gas for them to fix it... so i guess ill keep you guys posted on what happens and what they do

Old 03-13-2006, 01:09 PM
so im here at grubbs infniti in there buss. center with my laptop waiting on them to fix my car.... they said infiniti issued recalls last week for 4 of the vapor hoses they are cracked and leaking vapor not gas means the enigne is getting something it needs?.... so basically they have to fix it with LESS THEN a QUARTER tank of gas.... so any one with 2003 G35 COUPE.... you ARE !!! effected cause pretty much ALL of them were !! so be sure to get it taken care of with LESS then a QUARTER tank of gas other wise they cant do it....

JJ Patel

Old 03-13-2006, 01:34 PM
Hey ... wave hi to my car ... it is there right now getting checked out too

Brought it in to have the ding in my hood removed from the PDR guy and to have them check my coolant and stuffs. You can't miss her ... she's the pretty DG coupe with PIAA bling bling!

Old 03-13-2006, 03:05 PM
I had the same problem after installing my popcharger and z tube along time ago. I think is was the air sensor. I took out the popcharging and installed my oem filter and its fine. Good luck. \
Is the recall only for 03 models. I have an 04 5AT. Wonder if the hoses where replaced on the 04's. let us know what happens.

Old 03-14-2006, 01:07 AM
thought i saw her... Jon... =) nice looking car... the dent remover guy worked on my G too today... they damaged the right rear bumper put a lil dent in it prolly backed into something... but yeah i saw my previous hoses that were on the G the recalled ones and wow they were soo bad.... the cracks in them were amazing... what ever the company was that produced them made a BS product.. i like the new hoses infiniti provided us with... look to be really durable and longer lasting

Old 03-14-2006, 09:02 AM
Originally Posted by drunkin master
I had the same problem after installing my popcharger and z tube along time ago. I think is was the air sensor. I took out the popcharging and installed my oem filter and its fine. Good luck. \
Is the recall only for 03 models. I have an 04 5AT. Wonder if the hoses where replaced on the 04's. let us know what happens.

some of the 04's do have this problem and all the 03's... if you were affected by this recall your letters will be ariving sometime THIS WEEK.... its safer just to call the dealer up give them your VIN... and get checked to see if you were affected.... if not that u can always just swing by the dealers if they are located near you... but like i said... my hoses were really badly cracked i wasnt even seeing how fuel was getting to the engine... lol but the new hoses are great they even throw in a new gasket just for a good measure

Old 03-14-2006, 09:47 AM
hey JJ, when did you pick your car up yesterday? I saw a BS coupe driving out as I was getting there around 7pm last night ... was that you?

Old 03-14-2006, 10:29 AM
i picked mine up in the afternoon.... i had to wait in there Buss. Center because im not 21 and those mother truckers wont give me a loaner !!! lol and this time i couldnt get my parents to come meet me there cause they were working so i waited there to get my recall and few other things done and was out by 2ish...

mines the BS coupe with the TSW wheels on them...
no spoiler either and debadged the "G35" and soon to take off the "INFINITI" lettering as well

Old 03-14-2006, 10:34 AM
Ahhh ok ... didn't realize you were such a youngin'

So why haven't we seen you out at any of the meets yet???? April 8 car show ... be there!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Service Engine Light...