Drag NHRA, IDRC, IHRA, NDRA

Nissan SER vs G35?

Old 05-11-2010, 02:15 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
Originally Posted by m_turner_02
what is your last question/statement thing in reference too? but yes, the 3rd gen altimas are rated at 250 and the se-r is rated at 260 and they dyno stock around 220ish and the new altimas are rated at 270 and the 6spd is dynoing around 250ish stock

i was saying since everyone saying g coupe and sedan has same hp regardless wat nissan saying then altima, altima ser and max probably got same hp too?

Old 05-11-2010, 02:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by saywat?
i was saying since everyone saying g coupe and sedan has same hp regardless wat nissan saying then altima, altima ser and max probably got same hp too?
You are right, in the sense that they all dyno around the same when comparing the 4at vs 4at, 5at vs 5at, and the 6spd vs 6spd, but the maxima and the se-r are rated at 260hp from the factory, while the 3.5 altima(non-se-r) is rated at 250hp, even though on a dyno that extra 10hp doesn't show. I can't speak about the g sedan vs. the coupe argument, only know about the altimas

Old 05-11-2010, 09:39 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Who cares. I actually like altimas. I would drive a new white 3.5 se loaded with every option. They are nice. I wanted an se-r for a while. I like them.

Reason I didn't get one was the fed. I had an 05 maxima and torque steer is a bitch. I chose the g for many other reasons, but I won't say bad things about the altima. That was the car that pretty much saved Nissan back around 2000 (along with the g35) when Nissan almost went bankrupt.

I will say this though. Usually when I see an altima, there is a good chance a very attractive female is behind the wheel.

Old 05-12-2010, 12:28 AM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by OCG35
we are saying all VQDE non rev-up on the G and Z are the exact same as are all the VQDE RevUp and the VQHR...

It doesnt matter if the engine is in a coupe or sedan - its the same exact engine. EXACTLY the same.

Why is that so shocking? It's common sense actually.
Dunno if I'd include the HR in the same group as the DE. There are some significant differences between the two.

Anyone know if they even put HR motors into Altimas?

Old 05-12-2010, 12:37 AM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by saywat?
so u guys saying all vqs pushing out the same hp no matter which car its in? man i wish someone had actual stock dynos to confirm
Bone stock 5ATG35VQHR dyno in yellow, avg of 3 pulls:

Keep in mind dynos don't mean anything unless comparisons are made on the same dyno at about the same time.

Old 05-12-2010, 12:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by terrycs
Dunno if I'd include the HR in the same group as the DE. There are some significant differences between the two.

Anyone know if they even put HR motors into Altimas?
I think you might have misunderstood his post. I believe he is saying that the DE in the coupe = the DE in the sedan, HR in coupe = HR in sedan, etc.

No HR motor in the altima, although it is rumored that the 2007+ altima has HR components because they are putting down ~250hp stock

Old 05-12-2010, 08:42 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
g > altima and if you want it to go faster twin turbo it. Problem solved.

Old 05-21-2010, 02:07 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
why is everyone so insecure and ill informed about g35s..lol

altimas are lighter and fwd has less parasitic loss...so surprising..who cares anyway?

Old 05-21-2010, 02:26 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i love my G for what it is its a beautiful car that has a kick i love god i love RWD

Old 05-21-2010, 02:36 AM
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by SpcCain
How? Sedans are 260HP and Coupes are 280HP, only thing that could make it faster is power/weight ratio.
Depends on the year Buddy.

Old 05-21-2010, 02:40 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Ok. First of all it is so annoying that the majority of G35 owners are so dumb and oblivious about their cars, their car's performance, and their ability to drive them..

First, lets cover the reason why G35's are so "slow" and get beaten by these clearly sub par oddball cars.. Especially the automatic G's.

WHEN A G35 BEATS A LESS SUPERIOR CAR, NO ONE HEARS ABOUT IT.. BUT WHEN A CLEARLY SLOWER CAR BEATS A G35 ITS IN THE NATIONAL HEADLINE NEWS.

~~ Before I move on, this is all based of personal experience from all the people that I've raced, talked to and met with G's~~

Automatics: You won't believe how many people do not know how to drive their automatic car and race with it.. The majority of typical automatic G owners race their cars in "D" vs trip tronic.. Yeah the difference is HUGE! Racing in any shape or form in "D" is so dumb and useless for several reasons. You must use trip tronic people!! Not only must you use trip tronic, you must know how to properly use it.

The second problem with people who try to race auto G's are the people who can't use trip tronic properly.. They either stay in the totally incorrect gear and dont downshift to the lowest gear.. OR. they have no idea when to shift and they wait till its too late and the car sits there and bounces off the rev limiter then shift. This kills your performance, it really does.

If people knew how to properly RACE an automatic G they would not be getting embarassed by slower cars.. I've never ever ever let an altima beat me in my auto G.. There have been close calls but I've always come out on top.. Now if it were some noob driving my automatic G, a few of those altimas would have won..

To the rest of the world, and 6MT drivers: I know it sounds lame and stupid but you REALLY need to know how to race an automatic in this damn car.. It also has to be pretty much error free.

G35 owners are soooooooooooooooooooooo ****ing dumb sometimes.. omfg.

Now as for 6MT.. A lot less complications here.. People have trouble driving the 6mt on this car when they come from different cars because of the clutch feel, the shifting, and the tranny itself.. A lot of G35 6MT drivers are really ****ty drivers compared to other MT car drivers.. It sounds dumb, but i've met hundreds of people in my time who've owned G's and you will not believe how noobish and dumb they car when it comes to their car.. A majority of them sucked *** at driving their MT too.

I am laughing at the noobs in this thread. Its so funny, they look like deer in headlights. "what? so an altima is faster stock vs stock than my g??..... " SHUT UP YOU DUMB NOOBS AND GET SOME DRIVING LESSONS.

Moving on.. Say a 260 hp G races a 260 hp altima.. Both weigh around the same, both auto/manual and both drive equally.. Don't be shocked if the altima beats you there.. Your car is a rear wheel drive vehicle where the power must go through a drive shaft, into a rear differential with gears inside, then to your back wheels where as the altima is front wheel drive and the power goes straight to the tranny then front axles and front wheels.. There is LESS drive train loss in the front wheel drive giving the altima the advantage in a sraight line race from a roll.

Not hating on altimas. I really like the way the SER is styled, its a pretty fun car IMO and they look great but G35> Altima in pretty much every single category.

G35 owners, this is a call out from me to you.. Go do some research about your car before worrying about some cheesy lame *** overlays and debadging.

Sorry about the rant but I've been waiting to post something like this for a long time now.

Old 05-21-2010, 03:09 AM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Originally Posted by officerdbag
Ok. First of all it is so annoying that the majority of G35 owners are so dumb and oblivious about their cars, their car's performance, and their ability to drive them..

First, lets cover the reason why G35's are so "slow" and get beaten by these clearly sub par oddball cars.. Especially the automatic G's.

WHEN A G35 BEATS A LESS SUPERIOR CAR, NO ONE HEARS ABOUT IT.. BUT WHEN A CLEARLY SLOWER CAR BEATS A G35 ITS IN THE NATIONAL HEADLINE NEWS.

~~ Before I move on, this is all based of personal experience from all the people that I've raced, talked to and met with G's~~

Automatics: You won't believe how many people do not know how to drive their automatic car and race with it.. The majority of typical automatic G owners race their cars in "D" vs trip tronic.. Yeah the difference is HUGE! Racing in any shape or form in "D" is so dumb and useless for several reasons. You must use trip tronic people!! Not only must you use trip tronic, you must know how to properly use it.

The second problem with people who try to race auto G's are the people who can't use trip tronic properly.. They either stay in the totally incorrect gear and dont downshift to the lowest gear.. OR. they have no idea when to shift and they wait till its too late and the car sits there and bounces off the rev limiter then shift. This kills your performance, it really does.

If people knew how to properly RACE an automatic G they would not be getting embarassed by slower cars.. I've never ever ever let an altima beat me in my auto G.. There have been close calls but I've always come out on top.. Now if it were some noob driving my automatic G, a few of those altimas would have won..

To the rest of the world, and 6MT drivers: I know it sounds lame and stupid but you REALLY need to know how to race an automatic in this damn car.. It also has to be pretty much error free.

G35 owners are soooooooooooooooooooooo ****ing dumb sometimes.. omfg.
So, is your little rant referring to MY earlier post?

Old 05-21-2010, 03:15 AM
Received 149 Likes on 113 Posts
Yep, I've met many Z/G owners at the track with 6MT who couldn't put down <2.4 60ft to save their life. It's just sad. Noobs having trouble breaking into the 9's on the 1/8th or 15's in the 1/4 is just ridiculous and wondering how a 15 sec Si beat them. Better yet, racing from a roll from 40 in 3rd or 60 in 4th or 5th. Dumb.

I'm not the best 6MT driver in the world as you can see in my videos (link below), but you still have to have some basic knowledge to win races.

Old 05-21-2010, 03:15 AM
My post was not directed at one sole person in particular but to everyone as a whole who is pretty much clueless.

I looked back and read your "earlier" post and you have way better knowledge than a lot of other people.

I mean, when I meet a guy off the street with an auto G coupe and have him tell me a Nissan armada is faster than a G because it beat him while he was in 4th gear manual mode at 40 amazes me.. Some people are just so stupid.. That is a true story too. *face palm*

Old 05-21-2010, 03:19 AM
Originally Posted by Jairen
Yep, I've met many Z/G owners at the track with 6MT who couldn't put down <2.4 60ft to save their life. It's just sad. Noobs having trouble breaking into the 9's on the 1/8th or 15's in the 1/4 is just ridiculous and wondering how a 15 sec Si beat them. Better yet, racing from a roll from 40 in 3rd or 60 in 4th or 5th. Dumb.

I'm not the best 6MT driver in the world as you can see in my videos (link below), but you still have to have some basic knowledge to win races.
HAH! Don't even get me started about the track.. Now I will admit I was a hardcore noob at first with this car and autos at first but I learned my crap quick!

My buddy here in AZ has an 06 6MT Rev up Z.. He's got MREV 2, 5/16th spacer, 4.083 gears, intake, exhaust test pipes and tune.. Want to guess what he ran at the track consistently? 14.8-low 14.9 he couldn't drive worth ****!!! Now where as my other buddy with the same car.. Revup 6mt Z who has only intake/exhuast and spacer he runs constant 14.1's because hes a damn good manual driver.

Its so embarrassing, people like that make Z's/G's look like jokes. You will never believe some of the things I've heard and seen in person. Let alone on here.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Nissan SER vs G35?