Drivetrain Questions and info regarding transmissions, clutches, etc.

Turning off/disabling VDC (For real.)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 03:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the thread. I just did the mod on my '08 G35S Sedan and wanted to share a couple things. First off, my model does not have an orange wire but I found the green wire is the power to the yaw sensor. Switch installed and works perfectly. Another thing, I had some difficulty getting the center console off, primarily the back of the console, and had little luck finding help online. As a tip, the very back panel (where the ashtray is) pops off, you then have to pry out the lower sides of the console to access the two bolts.

FYI

Old 03-16-2012, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by CBRworm
something to keep in mind for those of you who are doing this to do burnouts, whenever the brake lights are on, the ECU closes the throttle to about 30%. You need to disconnect the brake light switch to do a major burnout while on the brakes.
So I stayed up most of last night...I was wired and couldn't fall asleep....and I read through EVERY post in this thread. The above post intrigued me....because it seems to contradict what the OP stated. The OP said that the yaw sensor is what causes the car to not effectively brake/torque a burnout. The above poster said that it's the ECU limiting the throttle though, which would also give the same effect of a non-full-power burnout when brake/torqueing the car.

It makes me curious which one takes the higher power in this debate. For those of you who have added a switch into the yaw sensor, have you been able to do a decent burnout at all? I was going to do this mod very soon, and tried doing a burnout with VDC off this morning and it was pathetic. I was going to head to the street drags tonight and run the car for *****, but with a weak *** burnout like that I think I'd get laughed off the strip....

Old 03-16-2012, 02:43 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
now my question does disconnecting the yaw plug and disabling the vdc and being able to spin the tires easy. does this translate into better acceleration on take off. will I have full power off the line when I go to the track? April 6 I plan to go to the track and was thinking of doing this mod. has anyone gotten a better time due to this mod?

Old 03-17-2012, 05:14 AM
Originally Posted by G-Ryder03coupe
now my question does disconnecting the yaw plug and disabling the vdc and being able to spin the tires easy. does this translate into better acceleration on take off. will I have full power off the line when I go to the track? April 6 I plan to go to the track and was thinking of doing this mod. has anyone gotten a better time due to this mod?
You should still had full power for a launch as it stands right now with the VDC off. I just got home from the track tonight, full tank of gas and spare in the trunk and I ran solid 15.5 times. My 60' time could be better but it's not horrible. Definitely was hoping to get under the 15 second mark but oh well.

Old 03-17-2012, 11:55 PM
This may be a real dumb question, but how the hell do you remove that plug??? I can't seem to get mine out to save my life.

Old 04-11-2012, 07:39 PM
AJY
Received 49 Likes on 42 Posts
Thanks man I finally got it done and am rather pleased with myself.

Old 04-11-2012, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by kozy
You should still had full power for a launch as it stands right now with the VDC off. I just got home from the track tonight, full tank of gas and spare in the trunk and I ran solid 15.5 times. My 60' time could be better but it's not horrible. Definitely was hoping to get under the 15 second mark but oh well.
15? I went to the track last friday and granted I took my soared turn and back seats out I ran a 13.7 and Im auto? why 15? our cars do better then that

Old 04-12-2012, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by G-Ryder03coupe
15? I went to the track last friday and granted I took my soared turn and back seats out I ran a 13.7 and Im auto? why 15? our cars do better then that
What does "soared turn" mean? Sounds like an auto-correct typo lol.

Are you running a coupe or sedan? Mine is a sedan ran with a full tank of gas and left the spare tire in the trunk too. Nothing else was changed. Either your car is abnormally fast or something is wrong with mine that is slowing it down.....

Old 04-12-2012, 01:48 PM
What does "soared turn" mean? Sounds like an auto-correct typo lol.

Are you running a coupe or sedan? Mine is a sedan ran with a full tank of gas and left the spare tire in the trunk too. Nothing else was changed. Either your car is abnormally fast or something is wrong with mine that is
slowing it down.....
soared means seats lol (this damn phone). yea I have an 03 coupe

Old 04-12-2012, 02:03 PM
Mr.202?

Received 205 Likes on 163 Posts
^What was your Altitude ? for your 15 sec run?

Our cars have brake override, TB only opens 10% when foots on the Brake IIRC. Just put your foot on the brake and gas and give it more gas without giving it more brake you'll see you get no more throttle.

I have had VDC kick in while I was AutoXing even after I pushed the button

Also I can do standing burnouts no issues without VDC kicking in.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by thescreensavers
^What was your Altitude ? for your 15 sec run?

Our cars have brake override, TB only opens 10% when foots on the Brake IIRC. Just put your foot on the brake and gas and give it more gas without giving it more brake you'll see you get no more throttle.

I have had VDC kick in while I was AutoXing even after I pushed the button

Also I can do standing burnouts no issues without VDC kicking in.
I think we are around 900' but not certain. It's Phoenix....elevation isn't a concern.
My car won't do a standing burnout with my foot on the brake. Revs go no higher than like 2k or 3k.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:38 PM
Mr.202?

I think we are around 900' but not certain. It's Phoenix....elevation isn't a concern.
My car won't do a standing burnout with my foot on the brake. Revs go no higher than like 2k or 3k.
Well if I have my foot on the brake and then the gas it wont work, you need to lift your foot off the brake some until you get them spinning. If you have an Open Diff you will only spin one.

You went to firebird? Check this out

Last edited by thescreensavers; 04-13-2012 at 09:42 PM.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:08 PM
First off im a Newb to infinitis (well for owning one not reading about them and researching) but I have read through a lot of this thread and I have a couple of questions. I have a 2008 G35xS. So first I want to know, does disabling the VDC and TCS by doing the switch mod of the YAW Senser essentially turn the AWD car into a RWD car? or do the Front wheels still kick in when needed? Also in the 2008 I saw that harderkev said that this wire for the YAW sensor is green. Is this a solid Green or does it have any other markings and would it be different depending on the model or is the 2008 Model going to be green all the time?

Thank you for your assistance.

Old 04-24-2012, 12:00 AM
Mr.202?

Had some time to do it, today. Been wanting to do this for a bit.

Name:  IMG_20120423_234828.jpg
Views: 1139
Size:  51.9 KB

Old 04-25-2012, 12:25 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah I did this a long time ago but could never get the vdc/slip light to go back off and reset the sensor. I just left it as is off all the time. I did the ecu reset with the gas pedal and key switch thing its been so long i dont remember each step. I prefer to just have it off all the time. Dont think I ever plan on selling the car but if I do I can just reconnect the wire and bring it to a dealer to have it reset that way maybe.

Last edited by Spitfire91104; 04-25-2012 at 01:06 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Turning off/disabling VDC (For real.)