Drivetrain Questions and info regarding transmissions, clutches, etc.

Turning off/disabling VDC (For real.)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 09:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't get lights to go back off

Originally Posted by Spitfire91104
Yeah I did this a long time ago but could never get the vdc/slip light to go back off and reset the sensor. I just left it as is off all the time. I did the ecu reset with the gas pedal and key switch thing its been so long i dont remember each step. I prefer to just have it off all the time. Dont think I ever plan on selling the car but if I do I can just reconnect the wire and bring it to a dealer to have it reset that way maybe.
I'm having the same issue. I installed a switch and it worked once, and as I was putting the console back in place (key still on) one of the wires came off of the switch so I put it back on but the slip and vdc lights won't go back off after key cycles. I thought I probably blew a fuse but all of my fuses look good. The fuse for this is the big weird looking one with (I believe) two 30 amp and one 40 amp fuse within the same little fuse thing? Either way I disconnected the switch and connected the orange wire back to itself likestock, but the lights still won't go off. I unplugged my battery and held the brake down for 10 seconds and also turned the key as to start it to make sure all power was out of the system, reconnected to battery but still no luck. Like a noob I also forgot to turn my key off while pulling fuses and my check engine light is on now not sure why. I believe it has something to do with the ecu. But its almost as if the orange wire isn't getting any power anymore? Could someone help!

Old 01-27-2016, 01:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Zach W.
I'm having the same issue. I installed a switch and it worked once, and as I was putting the console back in place (key still on) one of the wires came off of the switch so I put it back on but the slip and vdc lights won't go back off after key cycles. I thought I probably blew a fuse but all of my fuses look good. The fuse for this is the big weird looking one with (I believe) two 30 amp and one 40 amp fuse within the same little fuse thing? Either way I disconnected the switch and connected the orange wire back to itself likestock, but the lights still won't go off. I unplugged my battery and held the brake down for 10 seconds and also turned the key as to start it to make sure all power was out of the system, reconnected to battery but still no luck. Like a noob I also forgot to turn my key off while pulling fuses and my check engine light is on now not sure why. I believe it has something to do with the ecu. But its almost as if the orange wire isn't getting any power anymore? Could someone help!
Sorry to rez an old thread just wanted to see if you ever got yours working again. Was going to get back at mine this week redoing all connections with higher quality parts as well testing the orange wire for power. Was also going to try and use a yaw sensor I pulled from my brothers wrecked g35 to see if maybe I was dumb and shorted mine out long ago by maybe forgetting to disconnect my battery. As of now they just flicker once and stay on if everything is connected like stock which made me think I damaged the sensor.

Old 01-27-2016, 09:46 PM
Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts
subbed so i can read all 13 pp later..

Old 01-27-2016, 10:19 PM
I never got it working again

Sorry to rez an old thread just wanted to see if you ever got yours working again. Was going to get back at mine this week redoing all connections with higher quality parts as well testing the orange wire for power. Was also going to try and use a yaw sensor I pulled from my brothers wrecked g35 to see if maybe I was dumb and shorted mine out long ago by maybe forgetting to disconnect my battery. As of now they just flicker once and stay on if everything is connected like stock which made me think I damaged the sensor.
Unfortunately I never did get it working again. Not that I ever really cared though lol. But I no longer have my G35 anymore anyway so yea :/

Old 01-27-2016, 11:07 PM
Originally Posted by Zach W.
Unfortunately I never did get it working again. Not that I ever really cared though lol. But I no longer have my G35 anymore anyway so yea :/
Gotcha. Yeah I usually don't mind it being off all the time I just have to be more careful on who I let drive it especially if it's wet out and wanted to just have the option to turn it on if need be.

Old 08-17-2018, 02:59 AM
vdc off slip light yaw sensor fix

Sorry again for resurrecting this thread but I think the process for the traction control, and this particular problem and solution that many people experience needs to be stickied.

I had this same issue for two years. The solution is that the orange wire needs constant 12v power. Just splice it from somewhere, hook it up, and you should be good. This guy posted a video about it recently:

Old 08-17-2018, 10:27 AM
Originally Posted by sent
Sorry again for resurrecting this thread but I think the process for the traction control, and this particular problem and solution that many people experience needs to be stickied.

I had this same issue for two years. The solution is that the orange wire needs constant 12v power. Just splice it from somewhere, hook it up, and you should be good. This guy posted a video about it recently: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzClXu9v8nk
Thank you for the heads up. I will definitely try this. A while back I purchased a new abs and traction control module that sits up under the dash. I was getting abs pump abs codes as well once in a blue moon. This made me think I could have messed up the module when shorting out the orange power wire to the yaw sensor. But I will try this quick fix first and see how it does.

Thank You again for getting back to the thread.

Old 08-17-2018, 11:51 AM
Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
Just pull the vdc relay. Done. ABS still works but lights are on the dash.

Old 08-19-2018, 01:24 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,017 Likes on 936 Posts
I just put a button in my coin holder to disable all assistance for certain race uses at track day. It's super simple and convenient.