Drivetrain Questions and info regarding transmissions, clutches, etc.

5at gotta have a SprintBooster!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 12:55 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Texasscout
I have read on here that the throttle will only open to 80-90% in a stock car. I was wondering if it can correct that.
This is what I was getting at. On my car (2008 XS) that doesn't seem to be the case (I have observed the reported position). I think this would depend (again assuming that there is such a thing as the 80-90% limitation) if it is related to the pedal position range or to a set point limitation in the ecm.

Old 11-09-2009, 01:03 AM
Originally Posted by musti82
if you need honest G user review, get mine. i had it installed 5 months ago and i am so happy even i first thought its too expensive. response time is better definitely big difference., check canadian section and look for sprintbooster !! lot of reviews
So how are you measuring response time? From statements on how it works unless the stock system has an upper pedal position limit then the only response time benefit would be the physical time it takes to move the pedal something like 75% versus 100%.

This wouldn't mean that you may not like the feel of a greater position indication for a given physical position of the pedal.

Old 11-09-2009, 01:55 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
im telling my impression, i use manual shift all the time. when i used to up shift,there used to be lagging time so the shifts were not smoother. now that the ecu check is gone i can accelerate faster, besides when i push on the gas the response the car gives is better, its louder more responsive.but again these are personal impression i cant measure the amount of throttle increase.

regarding pedal position i have no idea, a member sold me the booster and he installed it, i dont think watching him doing it he did anything with the position of the pedal.

https://g35driver.com/forums/canada/...ntbooster.html

Old 11-09-2009, 03:52 AM
Originally Posted by musti82
im telling my impression, i use manual shift all the time. when i used to up shift,there used to be lagging time so the shifts were not smoother. now that the ecu check is gone i can accelerate faster, besides when i push on the gas the response the car gives is better, its louder more responsive.but again these are personal impression i cant measure the amount of throttle increase.

regarding pedal position i have no idea, a member sold me the booster and he installed it, i dont think watching him doing it he did anything with the position of the pedal.

https://g35driver.com/forums/canada/...ntbooster.html
The problem with the impression is that it is an impression. The way this device is suppose to be installed is between the pedal position sensor and the ecm. It will not change any limitation of the ecm itself. If there is a limit on the pedal position sensor it will be that the sensor could not go over a certain indicated position, some reported a 90% limit. On the other hand I have also read many posts that state that there is no difference between 90% and 100% throttle position. In my experience if the throttle plate is a typical butterfly then the typical butterfly has almost all of the throttling between 20% and 60% as far as air flow, I would expect the same to be true here as well. This could of course be electronically mapped to correlate with pedal position. In other words I could easily believe that there really is not a difference between 90% and 100%. On the other hand the reference others have been using could be 90% of pedal position and/or refer to the flow itself.

Again I haven't seen enough one way or the other to state this 90% does or doesn't exist. I can state on mine that I have observed an indicated 100% throttle position.

So back to the device. What it is suppose to do and you can see this in the posted graph is amplify the output of the pedal position sensor. Some have measured this as 1.3 times. So for 50% pedal position sensor output on a stock unit you would now have an output of 65%. At 77% of pedal position you would have your maximum output of 100%. The difference in response time would then be simply the difference in how long it takes to push the pedal to the 77% position of the pedal instead of 100%. How long does it take to push down the pedal?

As far as shift response then this could be position on a car with a shift kickdown based on mechanical pedal position separate from that given to the ecm. Some cars have kickdown switches which on a 'fly by wire' car replaces the old kickdown rod/cable, etc. on an older car. On the cars with a kickdown switch you could see that kickdown switch would activate at its old physical pedal setting (unless adjusted) but now it would occur at a different throttle position (OEM times 1.3). So if a 3/4 pedal position kickdown the transmission then you are now having the kickdown happen at wide open throttle.

However so far I don't see that to be the case but I haven't looked at the FSMs on all Infiniti years and models. On mine however there appears to be no connection to the TCM other than the following:

PNP switch
Accelerator pedal position signal
Closed throttle position signal
Wide open throttle position signal
Engine speed signal
A/T fluid temperature sensor
Revolution sensor
Vehicle speed signal
Manual mode switch signal
Stop lamp switch signal
Turbine revolution sensor
ATF pressure switch

That is besides the WOT (wide open throttle) and CT (closed throttle) there is no other throttle influence from the throttle position sensors (not to be confused with accelerator pedal position sensor. Unlike some cars no kickdown switch appears to be involved either. One could state that the throttle position signal is effectively the kickdown switch but this is not really the case because of the logic flow:

The ECM receives inputs (there are actually 15 on a 2007 G) from the accelerator pedal position sensor and the throttle position sensor(s) along with 13 others and then puts an output to the fuel injectors. Any electronic device you put in between the pedal positon sensor and the ECM would only add lag, not decrease it (although most likely very minimal). Because of its complexity the ECM probably is the big contributer to 'lag' and that is where a company would have to direct its efforts to truely reduce 'lag'.

The Sprint Booster only connects into one of those and that is the pedal position sensor. The output of the Sprint Booster then goes to both the input of the ECM and the TCM in place of the pedal position sensor. WOT position however is controlled directly by the ECM. It seems then that the only real difference as far as the transmission is that it will now possibly kickdown only slightly sooner, the same decrease as the ECM sees which if you use the other previous calculation would yield a response benefit of something like .05 seconds. May win a couple of close drag races but in the real world would not be noticable in a measurable way as far as response time. Response feel however is a different animal altogether. A consideration here is that of the WOT position signal. What happen to that 90% we have been worried about? Does the 90% figure exist or as far as Nissan goes just doesn't matter (ie 90% position equals 100% flow)?

At least one of the other devices presented seems to function the same basic way (and appears to give about the same pedal amplification as well). On the other hand they do have a benefit of having selectable position mappings, one of which could be handy by making the throttle less sensitive to position which could translate into a little better economy (easier to hold an indicated pedal position similar to snow mode). In fact this could maybe allow you to have a configurable snow mode replacement. This would allow you to create your own snow mode without the other effects snow mode brings (ie 50/50 power distribution). Consider that you could make 0-30% position occupy a greater distance on the pedal while maintaining the ability of putting down 100% like some owners seem to desire.

I could find some of the mapping features of some of these devices useful in this regard.

Last edited by pfarmer; 11-09-2009 at 04:02 AM.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would you guys accept an endorsement from the owner and admisitrator of the porsche cayman club?

http://www.planet-9.com/reviews/show...duct=246&cat=4

This product does work. I have sold quite a few with zero complaints. I'm not an authorized dealer, I don't get any cash for endorsing. I just pass my discount along to some of the guys on the forums because I think the full price is little high in my opinion. But if some of you guys would search around the different forums like mercedes, porsche, bmw, this product is getting rave reviews. But because it hasn't given away it's secret everyone is skeptical.

Well I don't know the secret either, but think of it this way. Your ECU expects a signal from the throttle position sensor on the gas pedal. The signal is a voltage reading of between 0 and 5 volts on the nissan infiniti platforms. The booster amplifies that signal and gets it to the ECU faster than the pedal alone can. I'm not an electronics expert, but I'm sure there must be something out there than can do this. Now on Auto's the ECU and TCM are involved so it will change how the auto shifts. (that is not the point of the sprint booster, but for some it is an added bonus) On an MT model it has even greater effect because you don't have to wait for solenoids to do their thing.

I'm sure some electronics guru out there could make something exactly like a sprint booster for 20 bucks in his basement. I doubt it would be in a fancy plastic connector with all the pins in the right spot. it would be bulky and ugly and not plug and play. The beauty of the sprint booster is it is plug and play. No tuning. No modifying anything. I read on the first page that someone had to bend a piece of metal to make it fit. Not the case, it fits fine, if a little tight. I have installed about 20 of these in g's, z's and maximas and the only modification or bastardizing you may have to do is cut the tie warp holding the harness wires in place. Depending on where it is tie wrapped you may not have enough slack to fit the booster in. You do not have to hack, slash or bend anything to make this fit.

If you are buying this product to help your shifting, you are buying the wrong product. You need a VB mod.

If you want to eliminate throttle lag, then buy one and try it out.

Personally I do some autoXing and I love the fact that i can heel toe a lot easier since the mapping of the throttle has been "squished" into a smaller amount of pedal travel. Rev matching is easier once you get used to it, as your foot doesn't have to pivot as much.

And for those of you with the mentality, "I don't understand how it works, so therefore it must be a hoax." I at you.

Last edited by knight_yyz; 11-09-2009 at 10:52 AM.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:41 PM
Originally Posted by knight_yyz
Would you guys accept an endorsement from the owner and admisitrator of the porsche cayman club?

http://www.planet-9.com/reviews/show...duct=246&cat=4

Well I don't know the secret either, but think of it this way. Your ECU expects a signal from the throttle position sensor on the gas pedal. The signal is a voltage reading of between 0 and 5 volts on the nissan infiniti platforms. The booster amplifies that signal and gets it to the ECU faster than the pedal alone can. I'm not an electronics expert, but I'm sure there must be something out there than can do this. Now on Auto's the ECU and TCM are involved so it will change how the auto shifts. (that is not the point of the sprint booster, but for some it is an added bonus) On an MT model it has even greater effect because you don't have to wait for solenoids to do their thing.

If you are buying this product to help your shifting, you are buying the wrong product. You need a VB mod.

If you want to eliminate throttle lag, then buy one and try it out.

Personally I do some autoXing and I love the fact that i can heel toe a lot easier since the mapping of the throttle has been "squished" into a smaller amount of pedal travel. Rev matching is easier once you get used to it, as your foot doesn't have to pivot as much.

And for those of you with the mentality, "I don't understand how it works, so therefore it must be a hoax." I at you.
Well here is the issue. Yes it appears to amplify the signal from the pedal position to the ECM. Then the statement it gets to the ECM faster. Think about this statement. You have a head unit for your stereo. You connect directly to a speaker, you hear the sound faintly. Now you put an amplifier between the head unit and the speaker. Did the signal get there faster? Nope what did occur is you have a greatly amplified signal. Another sound example would be the volume control. If a simple sliding control was used and it took .2 seconds to go from 0-100% volume, how long would it take to only have to go to the 77% position.

Now consider how long it takes for you to push that pedal to the metal on a stock 'G'. In one test on a MB that was 2/10 of a second for the tester. I would think this would not be much different on the 'G'. Now you figure out the amplification of the SB which in various tests seems to be 1.3. If full pedal movement takes 2/10 of a second (.2) and 77% pedal movement now equals 100% pedal movement output you have saved in response time about 25% of that .2 seconds or .05 seconds (I know it may not be linear).

As far as how the auto shifts it gets its pedal position from the pedal postion sensor and that would now be from the SB (which gets its input from that sensor). WOT which the TCM also uses comes from the ECM.

Now what could occur with the TCM is that if it sees a 100% pedal position it just may try to downshift (or does it wait for WOT as a confirmation?). If this is the case then a downshift would start to occur just prior to the WOT signal. That difference would be the same .05 seconds that the ECM sees 100% pedal movement plus the delay of the ECM. This figure is a little hard to decipher but could be calculated with a onboard scope watching how long after 100% pedal movement that WOT position occurs (watching this without a scope, it is pretty quick). This assumes this is an 'or' and not an 'and' logic sequence and the AT doesn't care about anything else. In any case the ECM will still have to process everything to deliver its signal to the fuel injectors for the engine response to be felt.

As far as auto cross, certainly one may see some benefit in not having to pivot your foot as far, we use to do the same with changing position holes on linkages. Just keep in mind that the reverse is also true. That is if the pedal now shows 100% .05 seconds sooner it will do the same in reverse when being released without a rate of change feature. Mechanically you could get a similar effect by placing a plastic wedge in front of the pedal to change its angle.

As far as $20, assuming a two channel system for safety the cost would be about $15 for the internals since it appears to be a simple op amp. Add another $5 for the case and well $20 would about do it assuming it has a two channel feature to prevent 100% pedal position during a failure (ie Toyota syndrome). If it is a single channel then a buck or two difference since op amps are often multiples in the same package so you already paid for that.

I still may get a different device with customization available for mappings since it would allow some other options and can be removed with the click of a switch. But it will not deliver a signal faster to the ECM.

Last edited by pfarmer; 11-09-2009 at 02:49 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:48 PM
i am trying to understand ur reasoning but im failing to do that. even assume my experience is delusional still i have enough friends and members in canadian section to believe im right, becuase of the common impression sprintbooster has left on us.

all u have to do is buy one, plug and try use for a few days, if think not worth doing take it off, give back get ur money back. easy solution!

Old 11-09-2009, 04:33 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
^^^ the general consensus for those of us that aren't head-over-heels on this is: for what it does, its simply not worth the price.

Old 11-09-2009, 11:38 PM
its not about being head over heels.im trying to understand without even experiencing, why would anyone speculate on the product this much., anyways from this moment im out of this discussion, i bought the thing, expensive or not(still debatable) im happy with the product gave my 2 cents.. nothing to debate for me...good luck to u all..

Old 11-10-2009, 03:33 AM
Originally Posted by pfarmer
Well here is the issue. Yes it appears to amplify the signal from the pedal position to the ECM. Then the statement it gets to the ECM faster. Think about this statement. You have a head unit for your stereo. You connect directly to a speaker, you hear the sound faintly. Now you put an amplifier between the head unit and the speaker. Did the signal get there faster? Nope what did occur is you have a greatly amplified signal. Another sound example would be the volume control. If a simple sliding control was used and it took .2 seconds to go from 0-100% volume, how long would it take to only have to go to the 77% position.

Now consider how long it takes for you to push that pedal to the metal on a stock 'G'. In one test on a MB that was 2/10 of a second for the tester. I would think this would not be much different on the 'G'. Now you figure out the amplification of the SB which in various tests seems to be 1.3. If full pedal movement takes 2/10 of a second (.2) and 77% pedal movement now equals 100% pedal movement output you have saved in response time about 25% of that .2 seconds or .05 seconds (I know it may not be linear).

As far as how the auto shifts it gets its pedal position from the pedal postion sensor and that would now be from the SB (which gets its input from that sensor). WOT which the TCM also uses comes from the ECM.

Now what could occur with the TCM is that if it sees a 100% pedal position it just may try to downshift (or does it wait for WOT as a confirmation?). If this is the case then a downshift would start to occur just prior to the WOT signal. That difference would be the same .05 seconds that the ECM sees 100% pedal movement plus the delay of the ECM. This figure is a little hard to decipher but could be calculated with a onboard scope watching how long after 100% pedal movement that WOT position occurs (watching this without a scope, it is pretty quick). This assumes this is an 'or' and not an 'and' logic sequence and the AT doesn't care about anything else. In any case the ECM will still have to process everything to deliver its signal to the fuel injectors for the engine response to be felt.

As far as auto cross, certainly one may see some benefit in not having to pivot your foot as far, we use to do the same with changing position holes on linkages. Just keep in mind that the reverse is also true. That is if the pedal now shows 100% .05 seconds sooner it will do the same in reverse when being released without a rate of change feature. Mechanically you could get a similar effect by placing a plastic wedge in front of the pedal to change its angle.

As far as $20, assuming a two channel system for safety the cost would be about $15 for the internals since it appears to be a simple op amp. Add another $5 for the case and well $20 would about do it assuming it has a two channel feature to prevent 100% pedal position during a failure (ie Toyota syndrome). If it is a single channel then a buck or two difference since op amps are often multiples in the same package so you already paid for that.

I still may get a different device with customization available for mappings since it would allow some other options and can be removed with the click of a switch. But it will not deliver a signal faster to the ECM.
Why are you still going on about the TCM? As i said the sprint booster is not made to do anything to the transmission. It boosts the signal to the ECU. It wasn't made to help auto trannies shift smoother. IF people with auto trannies feels the car shifts smoother, well call it a beneficial side effect.

It was made to eliminate throttle lag. PERIOD. If you have throttle lag and you want to eliminate it, get a sprint booster and try it out. if you don't have throttle lag, or don't care that you have throttle lag don't get one.

The guys on the Mercedes, Porsche, BMW, Mazda, Pontiac etc forums can't all be full of ****.

I found out about this last spring, but it was just announced at SEMA 2009 a few days ago. The new sprint booster with selectable programming. It has a little remote control with 3 settings. Off, Stage 1 and stage 2, with stage 2 being the most aggressive.

Oh, and the sprint booster won Best New Performance-Street Product at 2009 Sema Last week.

Old 11-10-2009, 04:53 AM
Why are you still going on about the TCM? As i said the sprint booster is not made to do anything to the transmission. It boosts the signal to the ECU. It wasn't made to help auto trannies shift smoother. IF people with auto trannies feels the car shifts smoother, well call it a beneficial side effect.

It was made to eliminate throttle lag. PERIOD. If you have throttle lag and you want to eliminate it, get a sprint booster and try it out. if you don't have throttle lag, or don't care that you have throttle lag don't get one.

The guys on the Mercedes, Porsche, BMW, Mazda, Pontiac etc forums can't all be full of ****.

I found out about this last spring, but it was just announced at SEMA 2009 a few days ago. The new sprint booster with selectable programming. It has a little remote control with 3 settings. Off, Stage 1 and stage 2, with stage 2 being the most aggressive.

Oh, and the sprint booster won Best New Performance-Street Product at 2009 Sema Last week.
I have yet to see a data logger on an Infiniti that will show the Infiniti has any real issue with 'lag'. I am not the one claiming benefits with the TCM, wasn't that point in your post:

'The booster amplifies that signal and gets it to the ECU faster than the pedal alone can. I'm not an electronics expert, but I'm sure there must be something out there than can do this. Now on Auto's the ECU and TCM are involved so it will change how the auto shifts.'

It will not as many claim 'speed' the signal to the throttle plates. With it installed or not installed the ECM has a 'lag' factor that will always be present as long as the signal from the pedal position passes through it in order to operate the throttle, the injectors, and the spark profile.

However here datalogger information for a MB. The MB group has a large number of educated users who also think that it is showing the same benefits, removing 'lag' faster shifts, etc. you name it. The test shows an ECM influence of .1 seconds. That is the time between pedal movement and throttle plate movement. Also of note is that it also means on the top end you have a dead band of about 25% of pedal movement, that is from about 75% to 100% and from 100% to 75% you have no response at all. Due to the nature of the MB it may play with the profile curves, but no real change in response time.

Now that the SprintBooster has some programmable features it may have some real uses beyond just feel (which of course is fine if that is why one purchases it for and how it is advertised).

Here is how the original works as tested on a Mercedes using a data logger:

http://www.crosslake.net/~dbipes/spr...intBooster.pdf

Now the real interesting part of Sprint Booster's website:

'Usually, you get a full second of delay before you start moving. Sprint Booster eliminates this... you get a quicker acceleration from a stop.'

------------------------------

Sprint Booster gives you:

Quicker acceleration
Faster passing
Responsive uphill driving
Quicker gear changes
Easier rev matching

--------------------

What was that about Sprint Booster not making any claims about transmission improvements.

Then on another site they claim this:

Sprint Booster does not increase Horsepower.

Sprint Booster does not reduce your 0-60mph times.

Sprint Booster DOES make your car 'FEEL' faster.

Sprint Booster is not for everyone.

Note claims for quicker acceleration and then a claim that it will not reduce your 0-60 times? Can't seem to get their ad campaigns straight.

Even their own graph shows the difference between indicated full throttle with Sprint Booster and full indicated throttle without to be less than .1 seconds. What happened to the statement:

'Usually, you get a full second of delay before you start moving. Sprint Booster eliminates this... you get a quicker acceleration from a stop.'

A simple experiment. Push your throttle and watch your rpms change. On my 08 it is virtually instantaneous which shows you what your maximum ECM lag time is (not including meter movement delay). Tonight I did a 0-88% throttle position indication (not pedal indication) in the time it took to say 'One' as in 'One thousand one'. Maybe not very scientific but it certainly was very quick. Certainly no ''Usually, you get a full second of delay............'.

It changes your indicated pedal position, it does not eliminate any delay, only its perception (which again is ok if that floats your boat) unless you consider the mechanical movement of 25% pedal a huge delay. That figure appears to be .05 seconds for the MB example and .1 seconds on the Sprint Booster graph. This calculates out to a performance benefit per dollar of (in elasped time using the graph):

3.3333333333333333333333333333333e-4

Old 11-10-2009, 12:02 PM
My statement was not meant to imply that the sprint booster directly affects the TCM.

The sprint booster does not affect the transmission directly. It does not send a signal to it. It modifies the signal sent to the ECU. I have a 6mt so I know it does not affect the transmission one IOTA. People claim they have better shifts with an auto or a CVT. Well good for them.

I do know it eliminates throttle lag. If your 08 does not have throttle lag I am very happy for you. But there are lots of guys with older cars that do have throttle lag and it will help them out.

And for those who want to try one out... Go to JRP in Mississauga and ask them to test one out for 20 minutes. If you don't like it, ask them to take it out and drive away.

Old 11-10-2009, 03:48 PM
My statement was not meant to imply that the sprint booster directly affects the TCM.

The sprint booster does not affect the transmission directly. It does not send a signal to it. It modifies the signal sent to the ECU. I have a 6mt so I know it does not affect the transmission one IOTA. People claim they have better shifts with an auto or a CVT. Well good for them.

I do know it eliminates throttle lag. If your 08 does not have throttle lag I am very happy for you. But there are lots of guys with older cars that do have throttle lag and it will help them out.

And for those who want to try one out... Go to JRP in Mississauga and ask them to test one out for 20 minutes. If you don't like it, ask them to take it out and drive away.
It only affects the amount of time it takes for you to push your pedal from 0-100% throttle position. Unless you have some type of physical issue then that is most likely going to be a very minor factor in reduction of any lag present and that lag would be there if your pedal was directly attached to the throttle body with a linkage, but it is not. Instead the signal passes through the ECM where you will have some lag, no question about that. How much will vary with the ECM. Adding anything between the pedal and ECM will only increase the lag electronically. Very minimal but it will occur. Now reducing pedal movement will offset that part of the total system lag. It can offset the physical lag as well. But consider what occurs if you push your pedal to the floor. The top 25% (some report as much as about 35%) is now a dead band. Coming off the pedal will give you the same 100% throttle plate position from 100% pedal position to whereever the deadband ends, in this case 75% pedal position.

Now if my car has a much faster ECM then yours (which probably is true) then the benefit from a time elapsed standpoint would be greater from a percentage standpoint for my car then yours. Lets state my ECM has a lag of .1 seconds just like the MB in the whitepaper example I posted. I can believe this easily from what I observed. Now lets say your ECM is 5 times as bad and you have a full 1/2 second lag. If the change in pedal movement is reduced by 25% in both of our cases the reduction in time for moving it from 75% throttle plate position to 100% throttle plate position would be .05 seconds if it takes you .2 seconds to go from 0 to 100% pedal position.

We now take .2 seconds and add it to the ECM delay of .1 seconds for a total delay of .3 seconds. In your case that would be .6 seconds.

Now take my .3 seconds total time, what percentage is a .05 second reduction? Somewhere around 17% and some change.

In your case .6 seconds total time, what percentage is a .05 second reduction? Somewhere around 8% and some change.

To really reduce any lag you really need to address its source which is going to be the ECM and the other devices that feed into it.

I just compared an 05 to an 08 ECM in basic function based on the FSMs. Both of them are very similar. There are the pedal position sensor(s) (two pedal position sensors) feeding into the ECM which then processes all sorts of of other inputs, then outputs to the throttle position motor(s) (year dependant) as well as other various devices such as injectors, coil packs, etc. Each throttle position motor then feeds back to the ECM. As far as the TCM both get most of their inputs from CAN.

This isn't to say that one may like the feel of a more sensitive pedal over its range, just that the car itself probably could car less.

Oh one more thing. Since you disconnected your accelerator position sensor to install your SB, did you do what you were suppose to do in regard to the FSMs dealing with accelerator release position learning? My guess since few look at the FSMs is the answer is no. Infiniti requires this to be done each time the pedal position sensor is disconnected or the ECM is disconnected. If not this is the procedure with the accerator pedal fully released:

1. Make sure that accelerator pedal is fully released.
2. Turn ignition switch ON and wait at least 2 seconds.
3. Turn ignition switch OFF and wait at least 10 seconds.
4. Turn ignition switch ON and wait at least 2 seconds.
5. Turn ignition switch OFF and wait at least 10 seconds.

Note there is a hint here on a possible modification that doesn't cost anything (although I would not recommend it).

Old 11-11-2009, 12:10 AM
I'm not even going to attempt to read that. You have way too much time on your hands.

I could install a sprint booster in the time it took to read that, test it out and remove it...

Old 11-11-2009, 06:10 AM
I'm not even going to attempt to read that. You have way too much time on your hands.

I could install a sprint booster in the time it took to read that, test it out and remove it...
But you would not understand why it didn't do what it claims to do unless you took the time like I did to not only research the product but research what the product connects to.

So have you or others do what they are suppose to do when disconnecting the pedal sensor, that is teaching the system the release position? Probalby not unless you have bothered to read the FSM. The ad writers on its own websites can't decide to claim it makes your car faster, doesn't make your car faster, or only makes your car feel faster. For $300 you can actually make your car faster. Again if you like the feel of a pedal with a 25% dead band then certainly that is ok. To me if I wanted a more sensitive pedal I would at least put a stop on that pedal so it would not go past 75% physical position so I could get rid of the dead band not only on the accelerating direction but on the all too critical decelerating direction.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 5at gotta have a SprintBooster!