Drivetrain Questions and info regarding transmissions, clutches, etc.

6mt Rebuild???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 12:02 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Seano350GT
Unfortunately i did not do the install myself so i can't help you on that. All i know is, that i had my car ready at the shop at 5:30 then as the guy went to adjust the clutch he couldn't do it properly. Pulled the gearbox out again, and realised there's a big difference between the 03 pivot ball and the new one that DOES come with the CD009 tranny.
the 2003 pivot ball is the short one, 04-07 has the longer version **** knows why they decided to change it but they did! No you do not have to pay extra for the pivot ball. I would also recommend getting a rear main seal too with the gearbox. Throw out bearing is also included in the gearbox.
So you are saying use my old pivot ball from my 2003 tranny NOT the new one that comes with the cd009?

Old 02-09-2013, 12:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mrgrey
So you are saying use my old pivot ball from my 2003 tranny NOT the new one that comes with the cd009?
Correct, that's what my guy had to do. OR whoever you buy the gearbox of, make sure you remind them about the shortened pivot ball. At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter because you already have the shortened one in the car right now. But it'd be good to have fresh parts.

In regards to a rebuild, i have heard of them costing almost $2000 and that's pointless because the synchro's in the early model V35's are **** and will eventually fail again. I am yet to hear a bad thing about the CD009 tranny's so i would be going with that my friend.

Old 02-09-2013, 12:07 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Seano350GT
Correct, that's what my guy had to do. OR whoever you buy the gearbox of, make sure you remind them about the shortened pivot ball. At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter because you already have the shortened one in the car right now. But it'd be good to have fresh parts.

In regards to a rebuild, i have heard of them costing almost $2000 and that's pointless because the synchro's in the early model V35's are **** and will eventually fail again. I am yet to hear a bad thing about the CD009 tranny's so i would be going with that my friend.
Yea definitely am going to get the CD009 just waiting till it ***** out on me for good? So your saying if I get the cd009 from Concept Z like you, ask for a 2003 pivot ball if they have it?

Old 02-09-2013, 12:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mrgrey
Yea definitely am going to get the CD009 just waiting till it ***** out on me for good? So your saying if I get the cd009 from Concept Z like you, ask for a 2003 pivot ball if they have it?
You won't regret it, loving the smooth shifts. Just make sure when you buy it and get it installed to take it easy for about 1000km just to let it wear in.

Yep, Coz will know what your talking about. I just emailed him explaining that i got the wrong pivot ball and he apologised so i don't think he'll forget it again :P

Nevertheless, Coz was great to deal with. Me being in Australia i had to cough up $600 in shipping costs, there is also an import tax over here for anything over $1000. But Coz did up a quote and stuck it on the box saying it was a rebuild for $800 so he helped me get around that.

Goodluck man, CD009 is definitely the way to go i will be recommending it to everyone with the earlier model cars like myself and urging them to upgrade!