DIY: Clutch Pedal Remedy

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.

Old 12-06-2007, 05:46 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by thatg
my stock clutch is ridiculously stiff, i actually just bought it with rogue engeneering short shifter too and thats too notchy, love the way my car looks but not extremely happy with the way it drives right now. going to put the stock shifter back in this weekend. but back to my clutch. its got this really tiny span and its RIDICULOUSLY stiff. would this fix do anything for my clutch
If you have an 03-04, you just kind of have to deal with it, they are notoriously stiff.

Old 12-11-2007, 09:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
damnit, mine is at the same height as the gas pedal and theres about a 2 inch distance where you can put pressure and there is no clutch action at all then you have to have like jerome bettis thighs to engage that thing

Originally Posted by redlude97
If you have an 03-04, you just kind of have to deal with it, they are notoriously stiff.

Old 12-14-2007, 04:25 PM
thanks for this DIY...I just did it yesterday and it's great...I think I might make the spacers a little smaller though...It kinda feels slightly harder to put into gear (anyone else feel this way?)...If I don't smell clutch burning does that mean my setup is fine?

Old 12-14-2007, 04:30 PM
Received 187 Likes on 140 Posts
Originally Posted by bull3t
thanks for this DIY...I just did it yesterday and it's great...I think I might make the spacers a little smaller though...It kinda feels slightly harder to put into gear (anyone else feel this way?)...If I don't smell clutch burning does that mean my setup is fine?
do you mean make them shorter or smaller (diameter)?

Old 12-14-2007, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by Deepdiver
do you mean make them shorter or smaller (diameter)?
shorter in height

Old 12-14-2007, 05:41 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by blasian
The penny-hatch trick being one of them. I don't recall the inventor of that asking for $45 for such a simple fix.
what is the penny-hatch trick?? i think i just forgot what it was, but can someone help refdresh my memory. tia

Old 12-14-2007, 06:20 PM
I originally did the spacers exactly described in this DIY, but i wanted to be on the safe side...So I took them off and I put 1 white spacer on the bottom with 1

layer of 3m molding tape...I put one 1 black spacer on the top where the switch is with 2 layers of 3m molding tape...The clutch doesn't engage as quickly as it

did before, but it's good to know that i'm not forcing it into gears...It also feels more "natural" than before...Before when I depressed the clutch it felt too high,

but now it feels better...Just giving you guys my .02.

Old 12-28-2007, 01:33 AM
ok this thread gets an A+ from me.
Got my 06 coupe about 2 weeks ago and my biggest gripe was clutch pedal engagment point.

Stumbled across this thread this morning and within 30 seconds realised I had installed those exact furniture sliders in this thread on the desk chair I was sitting on. I also bought that same gray 3m tape that somebody else posted about 3 days ago for installing my nano mount. It was like fate found me.

Flipped over the chair, pried them off with a screw driver and dug out the roll of tape. Literally within a 1/2 hour of seeing the thread it was installed on the g and I am totally happy with the clutch now.

Stuff like that doesn't happen too often

Old 01-01-2008, 08:35 PM
I only used one layer of tape between them b/c it was kind of hard for it to go in gear.

Old 01-01-2008, 09:26 PM
the gray 3m tape with the red liner is about half as thick as the white foam kind and has better adhesive and is designed for exterior use. Should hold up better for the temperature swings in the car.

Old 01-09-2008, 10:19 PM
mjg
I was finally sort of getting used to the weird clutch pedal engagement, but man this hit the spot. Thanks so much. I can't imagine buying whatever did this for 50 bux, but thanks alot for taking the time to explain it. Makes a world of difference.

Old 01-09-2008, 11:05 PM
ON
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Glad this has been able to help everyone who has tried it.

Old 02-21-2008, 01:24 AM
I know this thread might be a tad old but plz bare along with a silly question lol. I did notice how high the clutch sits in our cars and coming from a mt accord.. by no means the best on the market ... i had to considerably adjust the way i drive. so with that being said i get to my question. I saw the d wolf kit and after umm i dunno 20 some pages of reading ... nice dramatic threads too.. i came across two different "fixes" the one on this thread (tape + pennies) and the one where i have to physically take out the foot rest and the fuse box and go ahead and turn a rod to lower the clutch itself not too low that it stays engaged but low enough for it to drive smoothly in first... and i ask.. which ones works best... i hear pros and cons for both and i don't wanna wear my clutch out with the rod but at the same time i don't know ..this seems way too easy of a fix to b able to work... if someone could please shed some light on this topic (the pennis fix or the rod adjustment)... again.. that would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Old 04-04-2008, 06:22 PM
I am going to try it this weekend. Hopefully, I won't bust up the transmission!

Old 04-04-2008, 10:54 PM
had it for almost 2 now... makes a hell of a difference.. and i got the nismo short shifter. im finidng more excuses to drive .. and thats sayin sumthin considering gas prices nowadays..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.

Quick Reply: DIY: Clutch Pedal Remedy