Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Mobil 1 Oil Users # 2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 04:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HiTechOilCo

You're just not getting it. If PAO is all that will do for you, then use it. But don't spread false info that Group 3 is a bad thing to put in my G and that PAO is all that will do. Tell me again why Group 3 is bad?

http://www.machinerylubrication.com/...%20Base%20Oils

Old 05-16-2007, 04:43 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
So if this statement is incorrect as you say, why the removal of the labelling?

Mobil 1 would rather you spend more money at the EXXONMobil pump. Mobil 1 no longer has the 100% Synthetic label on the bottles as they have switched to lower priced Group III base stocks.
Per the FTC you can say "Full Synthetic" without an ounce of PAO manmade synthetic base stocks. But you can't label them as 100% unless they truly are

Old 05-16-2007, 04:47 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
So if this statement is incorrect as you say, why the removal of the labelling?
Jeff, like he said why don't you just call mobil and ask for a manager. It could be for a number of reasons...who knows? Just call them and ask...its even toll free

-Sean

Old 05-16-2007, 04:48 PM
Red Card Crew

I assumed he called so why call the guy twice? Just answer the question. I don't really have the time for some Mobil 1 customer service run around.

Originally Posted by Nismo G
Jeff, like he said why don't you just call mobil and ask for a manager. It could be for a number of reasons...who knows? Just call them and ask...its even toll free

-Sean

Old 05-16-2007, 04:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bwassul
Steve - Thanks for the info. The one thing that really caught my eye on the Mobil 1 controversy were reports over on Bobistheoilguy.com of oil analyses on Mobil 1 that found traces of mineral oil (if i remember right), which indicated at least a partial non-synthetic component.
My pleasure. Keep in mind, what you read in an Internet forum is not the gospel truth and can very well come from a competing company. I have seen this with my own eyes over the years and it hasn't been restricted to just oil companies.

Again, keep in mind, believing something in an Internet forum, from a nameless, faceless source, with no documentation, might be highly suspect. I have found just this in the forum you mentioned with misinterpreted, (intentionally possibly?), oil analysis reports. We also don't know who has an axe to grind or why, or what was added to that oil sample before it was sent in, etc., etc., etc.

When you want to know the truth, you go to the source and that would be Mobil themselves. I respect Mobil, as they manufacture a very fine quality product that I feel has come under some very biased, unfair and all out scandalous Internet bashing, by a very few chosen sources who seem to have it in their vested interest to go to scores of web sites and spread this disinformation. It does make you wonder! I don't work for Mobil and never will. They are a direct competitor to my livelihood. But right is right and wrong is wrong. Business should always be conducted in a moral, ethical and honest fashion, or it ceases to be good business anymore.

Steve
CEO of Hi-Tech Oil Co.

Old 05-16-2007, 04:53 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
I assumed he called so why call the guy twice? Just answer the question. I don't really have the time for some Mobil 1 customer service run around.
Yet, you sit online and continue to argue with everyone...? By the time you do get your answer you could have already had it by picking up the phone.

-sean

Old 05-16-2007, 04:54 PM
The truth isn't, "run around". What is, "run around", are Internet based rumors.

Did you also read on the Internet that you can cure baldness, increase the size of your personal parts by 50% and you can get rich quickly by just mailing out an envelope too! Wow!

Steve
CEO of Hi-Tech Oil Co.

Old 05-16-2007, 04:54 PM
Red Card Crew

I have found the Bobistheoilguy.com to be one of the few unbiased sites. They seem to base their conclusions off of actual analysis from a company that has no reason to bias their results whatsoever

Alot more than I could say about talking to a Mobil customer service person.

Old 05-16-2007, 04:56 PM
Originally Posted by ballisticus
You're just not getting it. If PAO is all that will do for you, then use it. But don't spread false info that Group 3 is a bad thing to put in my G and that PAO is all that will do. Tell me again why Group 3 is bad?

http://www.machinerylubrication.com/...%20Base%20Oils
Never said it was bad. You said that. Please, don't misquote. Thanks.

To learn more as to why true synthetic oils, (in the traditional definition of the term), have so many advantages, just read the article below. Enjoy.

http://www.mr2.com/TEXT/synth_oil.txt

Steve
CEO of Hi-Tech Oil Co.

Old 05-16-2007, 04:58 PM
Red Card Crew

THIS IS THE RUN AROUND.

Do you SEE 100% synthetic on their bottles? I don't.

Therefore the only question is why. Which by your avoidance indicates:

1) You don't know but seem to know where to get the answer. So you already called?
2) You do know but don't want to say.

The truth isn't, "run around". What is, "run around", are Internet based rumors.

Did you also read on the Internet that you can cure baldness, increase the size of your personal parts by 50% and you can get rich quickly by just mailing out an envelope too! Wow!

Steve
CEO of Hi-Tech Oil Co.

Old 05-16-2007, 04:58 PM
Red Card Crew

Originally Posted by Nismo G
Yet, you sit online and continue to argue with everyone...? By the time you do get your answer you could have already had it by picking up the phone.

-sean
Why don't you call?

Old 05-16-2007, 04:59 PM
Grocery getter

Received 190 Likes on 60 Posts
Steve,

Thanks for taking the time to let us know this info.

If anyone wants to know about the label, call M1 and ask them.

Old 05-16-2007, 05:01 PM
I have found the Bobistheoilguy.com to be one of the few unbiased sites. They seem to base their conclusions off of actual analysis from a company that has no reason to bias their results whatsoever

Alot more than I could say about talking to a Mobil customer service person.
BITOG is an independent source? There are no oil company representatives there who have a vested interest in making their product look great and the othe companies product look bad?

Come on man!

Steve
CEO of Hi-Tech Oil Co.

Old 05-16-2007, 05:05 PM
Red Card Crew

BITOG is an independent source? There are no oil company representatives there who have a vested interest in making their product look great and the othe companies product look bad?

Come on man!

Steve
CEO of Hi-Tech Oil Co.
Okay, which company representatives are there? Even by the SLIM chance that your complete GUESS about this is true, they post the results from their anyalysis. Which is performed by unbiased 3rd party.

For someone that works so hard to find "facts", you sure are quick to assume in order to discredit.

Well okay, which oil companies and brands do they biased toward?

Old 05-16-2007, 05:05 PM
THIS IS THE RUN AROUND.

Do you SEE 100% synthetic on their bottles? I don't.

Therefore the only question is why. Which by your avoidance indicates:

1) You don't know but seem to know where to get the answer. So you already called?
2) You do know but don't want to say.
Jeff, again, I don't work for Exxon/Mobil. I merely am quoting what they told me. Beyond that, if you have specific questions, you'd be best off to call them at the 1-800-662-4525 number I have listed numerous times and get the truth from the company themselves.

Steve
CEO of Hi-Tech Oil Co.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Mobil 1 Oil Users # 2