Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Mobil 1 Oil Users # 2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 08:09 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
I guess that goes both ways Steve or Rob. The fact that they removed all "100% synthetic" from Mobil labeling and the fact that their side doesn't SPECIFY what it's made out of, then yes, they are covering their tracks. In what manner, remains to be seen right?

Originally Posted by HiTechOilCo
There is no proof required. Mobil has a good company reputation to uphold and to lie to the public is fraud and Mobil could be heavily fined by the Federal Trade Commission. With all the negative press that would generate, Mobil would be seriously damaged. No executive in their right mind would risk that.

If you think they would, well, that's your opinion, but it sure isn't, "proof".

Steve
CEO of Hi-Tech Oil Co.

Old 05-16-2007, 08:10 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
There is no proof required. Mobil has a good company reputation to uphold and to lie to the public is fraud and Mobil could be heavily fined by the Federal Trade Commission.
I think Mobil1 could be fined and they wouldn't care. They make sooooo much money off of us at the pump that it doesn't even matter to them. I know it has nothing to do with this thread, but i just thought that was funny.

Steve, thanks for all your info. I'm still gonna stick with M1 because it's the next best thing that's easy to get my hands on, and relatively cheap (Walmart). I don't think i'm going to keep my car long enough for there to be a real difference in engine longevity between using a high quality dino (like castrol GTX) versus M1 5W-30 Truck & SUV. However, i still use the M1 for the extra protection, better fuel economy, and overall cleanliness.

Old 05-16-2007, 08:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
I guess that goes both ways Steve or Rob. The fact that they removed all "100% synthetic" from Mobil labeling and the fact that their side doesn't SPECIFY what it's made out of, then yes, they are covering their tracks. In what manner, remains to be seen right?
Right on a the label of Mobil 1 it clearly states, ""Fully synthetic formulation".
Seems pretty clear to me, as the Manager at Mobil specifically told me on the phone, "Mobil 1 is a PAO based, Group IV synthetic motor oil". Again, seems pretty clear to me.

Steve
CEO of Hi-Tech Oil Co.

Last edited by HiTechOilCo; 05-16-2007 at 08:34 PM.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by chiapet15
I think Mobil1 could be fined and they wouldn't care. They make sooooo much money off of us at the pump that it doesn't even matter to them. I know it has nothing to do with this thread, but i just thought that was funny.

Steve, thanks for all your info. I'm still gonna stick with M1 because it's the next best thing that's easy to get my hands on, and relatively cheap (Walmart). I don't think i'm going to keep my car long enough for there to be a real difference in engine longevity between using a high quality dino (like castrol GTX) versus M1 5W-30 Truck & SUV. However, i still use the M1 for the extra protection, better fuel economy, and overall cleanliness.
You are wise Chiapet. Keep in mind, total engine longevity isn't a factor for almost anyone. Of what value is an engine that lasts 200,000 miles if almost no one keeps their car that long? The real value is that back at 50,000 miles, or 100,000 miles, or whatever, an engine protected with a true synthetic lubricant will be in better condition, run better, be more efficient, provide more power, better fuel economy and lower emissions, etc., than one, "protected", by dead dino oil.

As for a fine, it could run in the multi-millions of dollars in the actual fine, but the big sting would be lost customers, which would cost them far more. I don't think they'd risk that.

Steve
CEO of Hi-Tech Oil Co.

Old 05-16-2007, 08:45 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Jeff, honestly...just fvcking drop the subject, like ttrank said this has turned into a complete pissing match and most of the reason is you being preposterous and obnoxious as usual. Instead of hounding Steve about this, that, and the other just believe what you want and be on with it. Stop making the rest of us read through a million pages of bullsh!t, just so we can find one post with an answer in it. In my opinion you are providing nothing useful in this thread and wasting server space.

Thankfully the answer is in the first post of the thread, but seriously just drop it.

-Sean

Old 05-16-2007, 09:20 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Steve,

Thank you for the info and the sharing of your thoughts.

I trust that the discussion of this thread/topic can be maintained at a quality level and not beat into the ground.

Old 05-17-2007, 01:15 AM
Red Card Crew

Of course it says fully synthetic. Did I dispute that?

I still stand by the oil forum links I posted. Why don't people read for themselves and decide?
http://theoildrop.server101.com/foru...rt=4&vc=1&nt=4
I still have not seen a SHRED of evidence to suggest tthat forum is biased in ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM. Your generalized statements that imply otherwise are unfounded and lack creditbility

Mobil 1 would rather you spend more money at the EXXONMobil pump. Mobil 1 no longer has the 100% Synthetic label on the bottles as they have switched to lower priced Group III base stocks.
Per the FTC you can say "Full Synthetic" without an ounce of PAO manmade synthetic base stocks. But you can't label them as 100% unless they truly are
Right on a the label of Mobil 1 it clearly states, ""Fully synthetic formulation".
Seems pretty clear to me, as the Manager at Mobil specifically told me on the phone, "Mobil 1 is a PAO based, Group IV synthetic motor oil". Again, seems pretty clear to me.

Steve
CEO of Hi-Tech Oil Co.

Old 05-17-2007, 01:27 AM
Red Card Crew

What fine? Mobil changed their labelling accordingly to account for the Group III base stocks.

As for a fine, it could run in the multi-millions of dollars in the actual fine, but the big sting would be lost customers, which would cost them far more. I don't think they'd risk that.

Steve
CEO of Hi-Tech Oil Co.

Old 05-17-2007, 01:38 AM
Red Card Crew

Olay I'll play. Exactly WHICH statements were "preposterous". Which. Point them out, and debate them to be false. If you do that, I'll accept it.
Originally Posted by Nismo G
Jeff, honestly...just fvcking drop the subject, like ttrank said this has turned into a complete pissing match and most of the reason is you being preposterous and obnoxious as usual. Instead of hounding Steve about this, that, and the other just believe what you want and be on with it. Stop making the rest of us read through a million pages of bullsh!t, just so we can find one post with an answer in it. In my opinion you are providing nothing useful in this thread and wasting server space.

Thankfully the answer is in the first post of the thread, but seriously just drop it.

-Sean

Old 05-17-2007, 04:09 AM
What fine? Mobil changed their labelling accordingly to account for the Group III base stocks.
Even if what you maintain, (in the face of all the facts otherwise), were true, there would be no need to change the labelling, since Group III oils are considered synthetic oils. Again, the label clearly states, "Fully synthetic".

Your stubborn rants hold no water whatsoever. Your axe to grind against Mobil is clear for all to see.

Steve
CEO of Hi-Tech Oil Co.

Old 05-17-2007, 10:04 AM
Red Card Crew

Correct but they did change the labelling. They had to as you can't put "100% synthetic" and not use man made base stocks (Group IV)
Which has been my point all along.

My axe is no sharper than the one you are grinding sir.

Even if what you maintain, (in the face of all the facts otherwise), were true, there would be no need to change the labelling, since Group III oils are considered synthetic oils. Again, the label clearly states, "Fully synthetic".

Your stubborn rants hold no water whatsoever. Your axe to grind against Mobil is clear for all to see.

Steve
CEO of Hi-Tech Oil Co.

Last edited by Jeff92se; 05-17-2007 at 12:06 PM.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:05 AM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Steve, do you know if all mobil 1 is the same marketed around the world?

Old 05-17-2007, 12:57 PM
Correct but they did change the labelling. They had to as you can't put "100% synthetic" and not use man made base stocks (Group IV)
Which has been my point all along.

My axe is no sharper than the one you are grinding sir.
When will you call Mobil yourself at - 1-800-662-4525, save a lot of time, hassle and aggravatiion, and discover for yourself that Mobil 1 is a PAO, Group IV synthetic oil? You have spent far more time in this thread than it would have taken to make that simple, toll free phone call.

I have no axe to grind sir. I merely spread the truth, instead of disinformation, as you insist on doing.

Old 05-17-2007, 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by redlude97
Steve, do you know if all mobil 1 is the same marketed around the world?
I don't work for Mobil, so I don't know the answers to specific questions without calling them on their - 1-800-662-4525 toll free phone number. I don't offer Mobil products to my customers, but instead superior performing AMSOIL products.

In other words, give 'em a call.

Steve
CEO of Hi-Tech Oil Co.

Old 05-17-2007, 01:08 PM
Red Card Crew

I've emailed them so it will be in writing. Let's see if they will even reply

Exactly WHAT disinformation? All you have is the spoken word of someone at Mobil.

I have:
1) Gas Chromatograph readings
2) Clear label change in the bottles for no apparent reason
3) Data from a non-biased oil forum indicating they feel Mobil has indeed changed their formula (a site you have not been able to discredit in anyway, shape or form)
4) That site stating the reasons WHY Mobil would change to Group III stocks. Which coupled to reason 2) and the statements indicating why Mobil had to change the labelling, makes me at least question what YOU are stating.

All of your data isn't written. It's solely based on the spoken word of some Mobil rep. Sorry, that's not enough for me. Show me some written data, show me a MSDS with a Base IV CAS #, show me an oil analysis proving the base stocks are primarily group IV, then I'll be willing to look at it.

Sorry but a label stating "fully synthetic" doesn't prove your point whatsoever. In fact, the change to "full synthetic" from "100% synthetic" actually supports my statements more than yours.

I'll state this though. Mobil 1 is a fine oil. Even with Group III origins. I'm even using it right now. Abeit the supersyn version. So your "claim" that I'm trying to spread "disinformation" is not only wrong, but of course quite illogical.

My thing is if someone actually wants to pay for a "100% synthetic" prices, then they should look for an oil that's actually that. ie.. a Group IV base stock oil. Because at the prices that Mobil chooses to charge, why settle for a dino based oil? Might as well step up to a true synthetic if you are paying for it.

For my next change, I'm looking into Penzoil Platinum.
When will you call Mobil yourself at - 1-800-662-4525, save a lot of time, hassle and aggravatiion, and discover for yourself that Mobil 1 is a PAO, Group IV synthetic oil? You have spent far more time in this thread than it would have taken to make that simple, toll free phone call.

I have no axe to grind sir. I merely spread the truth, instead of disinformation, as you insist on doing.

Last edited by Jeff92se; 05-17-2007 at 01:14 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Mobil 1 Oil Users # 2