Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Mobil 1 Oil Users # 2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 11:59 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jeff, why do you repeat the drivel that has already been addressed? What is your job? Who pays you? Do you work for Castrol or Chevron?

Old 05-18-2007, 12:01 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
I repeated WHAT THE MOBIL 1 REP SAID IN MY EMAIL! Are you saying Mobil 1 workers are spreading drivel????

Originally Posted by HiTechOilCo
Jeff, why do you repeat the drivel that has already been addressed? What is your job? Who pays you? Do you work for Castrol or Chevron?

Old 05-18-2007, 12:05 PM
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
I repeated WHAT THE MOBIL 1 REP SAID IN MY EMAIL! Are you saying Mobil 1 workers are spreading drivel????
No twisting words Jeff. Chill out. You are repeating the same drivel over and over. Posting bogus and invalid oil test results, repeating the same drivel over and over. Who do you work for?

Old 05-18-2007, 12:08 PM
Red Card Crew

1) I repeated EXACTLY what the Mobil rep said.
2) If 1) is true, exactly how could it be "drivel"??

Mobil 1 is fine oil, it just ain't a primarily Group IV. AS PER THE MOBIL 1'S EMAIL TO ME.

No twisting words Jeff. Chill out. You are repeating the same drivel over and over. Posting bogus and invalid oil test results, repeating the same drivel over and over. Who do you work for?

Old 05-18-2007, 12:09 PM
1) I repeated EXACTLY what the Mobil rep said.
2) If 1) is true, exactly how could it be "drivel"??

Mobil 1 is fine oil, it just ain't a primarily Group IV. AS PER THE MOBIL 1'S EMAIL TO ME.
Why are you repeating the same BS that has already been debunked, "Jeff"?

WHO DO YOU WORK FOR?

Old 05-18-2007, 12:12 PM
Red Card Crew

Why are you repeating the same BS that has already been debunked, "Jeff"?

WHO DO YOU WORK FOR?
1) No it has not. I have it in writing. You do not.
2) I work for Mobil! Come on.

Old 05-18-2007, 12:46 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Just for interest sake I called customer service line and spoke to a representative. I asked whether Mobil 1 is a PAO based group IV. I also asked about the label change and if that had any significance to the oil composition.

I was answered "yes it is PAO based and a group IV oil". They said the "label was changed "but it is still a pure synthetic oil".

Last edited by RBull; 05-18-2007 at 05:29 PM.
Old 05-18-2007, 01:13 PM
1) No it has not. I have it in writing. You do not.
2) I work for Mobil! Come on.

WHO DO YOU WORK FOR? WHY IS IT IN YOUR VESTED INTEREST TO SPREAD DISINFORMATION?

WHAT IS YOUR JOB?

Old 05-18-2007, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by RBull
Just for interest sake I called customer service line and spoke to a representative. I asked whether Mobil 1 is a PAO based group IV. I also asked about the label change and if that had any significance to the oil composition.

I was answered "yes it is PAO based and a group IV oil". They said the "label was changed "but it is still a pure synthetic oil".
Thank you very much for confirming the truth! The only question now is, why is someone here spreading disinformation? Who do they work for? What is their job?

Old 05-18-2007, 01:23 PM
Red Card Crew

Thanks. That is EXACTLY what was said in my email.

Note they said pao AND group IV. What does that mean? It means they are using mostly group III and some group IV. And since the group III

Note they said "pure synthetic" and not 100% synthetic. Groupe III you can state pure synthetic. Their labels USED to say 100% synthetic. Which requires they use primarily group IV. Which it looks like they do not.

Now Steve, if my understanding is incorrect, the please correct it.

Originally Posted by RBull

Old 05-18-2007, 01:27 PM
WHY THE INUENDO, DISINFORMATION, TWISTING OF WORDS? WHAT HAPPENED TO THE ORIGINAL POSTER, DEREK173, OR ARE YOU DEREK173?!

>>> WHO DO YOU WORK FOR? <<<

Old 05-18-2007, 01:31 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
WHO DO YOU WORK FOR? WHY IS IT IN YOUR VESTED INTEREST TO SPREAD DISINFORMATION?

WHAT IS YOUR JOB?
Yes, Jeff works for a competing oil company, he's really dedicated, so he took the time to learn all about the G35 and accumulate 4000+ posts just so he could knock on mobil 1. If mobil 1 uses group 3 oils in its mobil 1 in other countries, why is it so hard to believe that this doesn't occur in the US? Why would they make different formulations with the exact same specs for multiple contries that meet the exact same requirements?

Old 05-18-2007, 01:33 PM
Red Card Crew

Direct quote from Mobil 1. I'll highlight the good stuff. If there's DISINFORMATION in it, it's from Mobil, not I.

Note the blue. "Including" means blend. And it was mentioned 2ND. "high performance synthetics" is mentioned 1st. Now up to this point, this is verbatim from Matt Jacobs, Mobil 1.

Now here is the opinion part. When you list ingredients, you list primary then secondary components. Logical???

1) "high performance synthetics" This is clearly not group IV because it's been differentiated from group IV. It's listed 1st. So it should be the primary-majority ingredient. Correct? I'll ASSUME it's group III. But one thing for sure, it's not group IV or there would be not reason to differentiate them. I mean does that make any sense to anyone?
2) Group IV is listed 2nd. As a secondary ingredient. Logic says, it's content is not nearly as much as the other. "Including" certainly doesn't imply it. It's order in the list certainly doesn't imply it either.

Take for what you will.

Thank you for your inquiry,

To meet the demanding requirements of today's
specifications (and our customers' expectations) Mobil 1 uses
high-performance synthetic fluids, including polyalphaolefins
(PAO, groupIV),
along
with a proprietary system of additives. In fact, each Mobil 1
viscosity
grade uses a specific combination of synthetic fluids and
selected
additives in order to tailor the viscosity grade to its unique
requirement.

--
Thank you for choosing ExxonMobil products.
If you need further assistance, please contact ExxonMobil at
1-800-ASK-MOBIL

-Matt Jacob

Last edited by Jeff92se; 05-18-2007 at 02:02 PM.
Old 05-18-2007, 03:07 PM
How bout sending another email with the more specific questions of what your tying to get steve to answer. 100% synthetic and pure synthetic and such?

Old 05-18-2007, 03:15 PM
Red Card Crew

Originally Posted by Iceman8
How bout sending another email with the more specific questions of what your tying to get steve to answer. 100% synthetic and pure synthetic and such?
My original question:

Quote:
1) Is it true that your Mobil 1 oil is no longer a PAO Group IV synthtetic?

2) And why has the "100% synthetic" statement been removed from your label when it would be benefical to retain it from a marketing standpoint? (If Mobil 1 is indeed still a Group IV?

Thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Mobil 1 Oil Users # 2