Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

2J Swapped 350Z.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 06:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^

im sorry.

but i cant drive that to walmart or autozone.

i can take that viper to grandmas and wave at the policemen looking at me

Old 12-17-2007, 06:21 PM
CFW (Carbon Fiber Whore)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^I'd like to see you daily drive that lol

Old 12-17-2007, 06:24 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Well I'm not sure where the Viper is even relevent to this discussion. Unless comparing some huge V10 displaced engine overpowering a 3.0 liter inline 6 is something to brag about.

BTW. 2jz owners don't drive to walmart or autozone

Originally Posted by brianyun
^

im sorry.

but i cant drive that to walmart or autozone.

i can take that viper to grandmas and wave at the policemen looking at me

Old 12-17-2007, 08:35 PM
I love this thread... I love the opinions...

since I own a G and I have owned a S/C C5 vette and one of my best freinds has a 1000wh supra and a Viper.....

I am sorry bang for the buck 2J owns... but I would love to drop a LS2 in my G......

N/A power

Old 12-18-2007, 01:19 PM
Received 84 Likes on 54 Posts
They have one in the middle east. click on the fastest 350z in qatar link after the vid to see a daytime vid of this z.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8yJLnZWM5J0&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8yJLnZWM5J0&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Last edited by Dsskyline; 12-18-2007 at 01:26 PM.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:46 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Nasty!

Old 12-18-2007, 04:17 PM
I don't think anyone is discounting the fact that VQ is coming into its own and there are more and more high HP ones running around each year. But you have to give credit where credit is due. A stock 2jz-gte motor can handle way more power / boost than the stock VQ35DE. Now if you want to compare stock N/A power, the VQ35DE makes more power than the 2JZ-GE motor (note GE not GTE). So in that instance, yes the VQ is superior. You really can't compare the VQ35DE to the 2JZ-GTE, its apples to oranges. One was made for boost, one was made for N/A. As stated before 2JZ-GE vs. VQ35DE is a little more apples to apples, but I think the 2JZ-GE may be less expensive to boost, but not by a huge margin, IIRC.

At the end of the day, both engines are great in their own respects and its cool that we have all these great options for powering our cars.

Old 12-18-2007, 04:57 PM
Those things are just engines on a steek

Old 12-19-2007, 12:11 PM
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
good replies, but since it's raw power and speed and also reliability we're talking about here, the bottom line is.... how many daily driven 1000hp 350z's or G35's do we have in the world ?? I honestly havent heard or seen one browsing through all the automotive magazines and online videos. There's one guy up here in Vancouver where I live who drives a 770hp 350z, he bored it out to 4.2 liters, he's one of the mods on my350z.com. But other than that, not a lot of others. On the other hand, there's a shltload of single turbo daily driven Supras out there pushing around 1000whp. So when I say their engine is superior, I mean it's more reliable, it's able to handle higher horsepower easier, and it responds really REALLY well to modifications. Take a stock TT Supra, add a full exhaust and headers, turbo timer, intake and a tune and they're already pushin 400whp.
Car an Driver did this feature once and the question was, what was the fastest modified street driven car in the world, they tossed out a few names like a tweaked Veyron, twin turbo GT40, Mclaren, etc... and a few other exotics, and then the final car they listed was a Single Turbo Supra...
So the Supra already is recognized by the automotive world to be one of the fastest street legal vehicles on Earth..

Last edited by Adon; 12-19-2007 at 09:00 PM.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by Adon
exotics, and then the final car they listed was a Single Turbo Supra...
So the Supra already is recognized by the automotive world to be one of the fastest street legal vehicles on Earth..
What are you kidding me? There are so many other cars that will eat a supra for lunch that are street legal. And The veyron is the fastest PRODUCTION CAR in the world pushing close to 1100 hp. A supra is merely 280hp when it came out. As far as modified your comment has not merit. There are alot of cars that will eat it for lunch that are modified against a modified supra. HP isn't everything tq matters too. I just saw a 1000hp TT corvette c6 that has 1100tq that is completely street legal. Just because one magazine lists it at the bottom of a list doesn't make it true.

Old 12-20-2007, 03:28 PM
CFW (Carbon Fiber Whore)
Originally Posted by Adon
good replies, but since it's raw power and speed and also reliability we're talking about here, the bottom line is.... how many daily driven 1000hp 350z's or G35's do we have in the world ?? I honestly havent heard or seen one browsing through all the automotive magazines and online videos. There's one guy up here in Vancouver where I live who drives a 770hp 350z, he bored it out to 4.2 liters, he's one of the mods on my350z.com. But other than that, not a lot of others. On the other hand, there's a shltload of single turbo daily driven Supras out there pushing around 1000whp. So when I say their engine is superior, I mean it's more reliable, it's able to handle higher horsepower easier, and it responds really REALLY well to modifications. Take a stock TT Supra, add a full exhaust and headers, turbo timer, intake and a tune and they're already pushin 400whp.
Car an Driver did this feature once and the question was, what was the fastest modified street driven car in the world, they tossed out a few names like a tweaked Veyron, twin turbo GT40, Mclaren, etc... and a few other exotics, and then the final car they listed was a Single Turbo Supra...
give it time....the VQ35 is still in it's infancy...FWIW, Injected Performance and Intense Power both have VQ's well over 1,000hp

Old 12-31-2007, 03:10 AM
Originally Posted by ShadowG35
I don't think anyone is discounting the fact that VQ is coming into its own and there are more and more high HP ones running around each year. But you have to give credit where credit is due. A stock 2jz-gte motor can handle way more power / boost than the stock VQ35DE. Now if you want to compare stock N/A power, the VQ35DE makes more power than the 2JZ-GE motor (note GE not GTE). So in that instance, yes the VQ is superior. You really can't compare the VQ35DE to the 2JZ-GTE, its apples to oranges. One was made for boost, one was made for N/A. As stated before 2JZ-GE vs. VQ35DE is a little more apples to apples, but I think the 2JZ-GE may be less expensive to boost, but not by a huge margin, IIRC.

At the end of the day, both engines are great in their own respects and its cool that we have all these great options for powering our cars.
^this guy makes the most sense.

Apples and Oranges.

The VQ engines have great linear power.
NOt a ton of top end, but very smooth NA delivery all around.

the 2JZ is a bulletproof engine that has been overengineered to handle ridiculous amounts of boost (not 700 btw, closer to 900hp on stock internals)

True, the 2JZ-GE is pretty useless without FI, i think it runs a measly 220hp.....which is why you don't want to ever invest in a NA Supra that was converted to turbo....you're just buying a ticking time bomb.

I love the feel of the boost kicking in in the supra, but Ioften miss the lag-free NA power of the VQ.

so...there's my useless .02 cents.

Thank you and goodnight.

Old 12-31-2007, 07:36 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 617G
give it time....the VQ35 is still in it's infancy...FWIW, Injected Performance and Intense Power both have VQ's well over 1,000hp
this guy is so biased because he has a turbo VQ engine. Stop pumping the VQ because you have one. The VQ is really a truck/light sedan motor to begin with, small internal tweeking and ecu changes from the factory didnt make the VQ the best engine on the market. The most overlooked engine that makes great STREETABLE POWER is the 1jz made in japan only.

Enough money can make most engine make insane horsepower, look at the scion tc drag car, it has a 4 cylinder from the older toyota tacoma. I had that truck with the 4 banger, and there making super high numbers.

Last edited by in2win; 12-31-2007 at 07:39 PM.