Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

best performance N/A upgrades

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 10-25-2010, 06:05 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
^^^ this is interesting... so dealer said you have OEM vlsd?... I'd be curious to know if this is true - according to everything they released in print vlsd was not offered in 03-04 AT... there is one guy a while back who insisted they were offered - but when I asked for reference to someone that had it, the thread stopped (go figure).

If you have a chance' lift your car from rear differential and turn one of the wheels... make note of which way the opposite wheel is turning and post up.

As to shorter gears - yes you'll probably need different LSD... I'm not certain you currently have vlsd (doubtful) but even if so replacing with better isn't a bad idea (since you're swapping gears anyway)

Old 10-25-2010, 10:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OMG35S
Would you like to share what kind of mods you are running?

I'm also interested in knowing the best performance N/A mods for the G.

I would assume:

MREV
Spacer
Exhaust (Which?)
Test Pipes / HFC's (Which?)
Intake (Ztube + K&N DROP or Stillen?)
4.1 Gearing
UTEC - Tune

If you have the rev-up motor you should be able to pull on the 07' 350z's...

Out of this I got 4.1 Gearing and UTEC. Thanks for the advice. Probally will look into it.

Old 10-25-2010, 10:59 PM
hey noone mentioned this but does underdrive pulleys kits make any difference?

Old 10-26-2010, 02:02 AM
Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by OCG35
^^^ this is interesting... so dealer said you have OEM vlsd?... I'd be curious to know if this is true - according to everything they released in print vlsd was not offered in 03-04 AT... there is one guy a while back who insisted they were offered - but when I asked for reference to someone that had it, the thread stopped (go figure).

If you have a chance' lift your car from rear differential and turn one of the wheels... make note of which way the opposite wheel is turning and post up.

As to shorter gears - yes you'll probably need different LSD... I'm not certain you currently have vlsd (doubtful) but even if so replacing with better isn't a bad idea (since you're swapping gears anyway)
I'd like to know this too.

Originally Posted by bigballer8
Smaller diameter=less material used=less rotational mass on the motor and serpentine belt. This helps horsepower, but underdrives your accessories (alternator, A/C compressor, Water pump). I could be wrong in this, but I believe it's hard to find a truly balanced aftermarket pulley.

Old 10-26-2010, 02:35 AM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Originally Posted by BazookaJoe
Im a noob when it comes to rear ends. So this maybe a stupid question. I currently have an 03 AT with LSD. I would like to change out the gears for something taller. Does this mean I have to purchase the LSD again with the new gears or the LSD I have work with the taller gears? Thanks in advance.
This link should tell you whether you have an open or lsd diff:
http://infinitihelp.com/models/index.htm

I think your better off replacing you current pumpkin with a shorter geared lsd.
This thread contains good information regarding different diffs and how to swap them out:
https://g35driver.com/forums/drivetr...tial-swap.html
Originally Posted by bigballer8
When I had the UR underdrive set installed, I didn't notice any difference. Car dyno'd the same too.

Old 10-26-2010, 11:06 AM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
This link should tell you whether you have an open or lsd diff:
http://infinitihelp.com/models/index.htm

I think your better off replacing you current pumpkin with a shorter geared lsd.
This thread contains good information regarding different diffs and how to swap them out:
https://g35driver.com/forums/drivetr...tial-swap.html
Great Links Thank you. 3.7 from a 07 w/vlsd really looks like the best swap for me.

It did come with the sport package, which I believe gives you the vlsd. I will be putting the winter tires on this week. I will be sure to spin the wheels while its up and see. I will let you know. Thanks OCG35. I really enjoy reading your posts. Your so wise.

Old 10-28-2010, 09:10 PM
not for nothing idk if must be something about my car idk because i havent been beat by a "z" yet and my car is pretty stock. knock on woods.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:51 AM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Put on the winter shoes Last night, spun the one wheel and the other turned the opposite way. 2003 Sedan, Auto, Sport package = VLSD. Hells Yes!

Old 11-02-2010, 01:17 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by BazookaJoe
Put on the winter shoes Last night, spun the one wheel and the other turned the opposite way. 2003 Sedan, Auto, Sport package = VLSD. Hells Yes!
if they turn opposite directions you have open diff. With VLSD they would turn same direction.

03-04 AT sedans did not offer VLSD.

Old 11-02-2010, 04:51 PM
Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts
^^^

hahaha

Dunno why but I found that to be hilarious.