Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Best bang for the buck mod?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2003, 05:07 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: $15

and finally wire # 6 which runs from front of engine to d/s chassis ground.

<font color=green>GSM</font color=green>

44089-Wires 6&7 005.jpg

Old 04-23-2003, 05:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Nitrous

Nothing compares in terms of "bang for the buck" with Nitrous.

it will give you lots of power for cheap.

Its not my favorite route, but you can get large #'s out of Nitrous for a fraction of the cost of a turbo setup.

Dan O

Old 04-23-2003, 06:22 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

hey bro, yeh I've heard and seen some good things with NO2. I'd like to see more posted on it here.
I've just updated a previous post as promised on the Grounding subject. I don't suppose there's any comparison on 'B for the B' when you're talking nitrous, but I have, and Gordgee, and BillR and some others, have had some success with these kits with respect to starting, smoothness from idle to high rpms, and perhaps a h/p or 2 (WOOHOO) for a mod that is under $100 CAN.
For me the next mod will be a CAI once all that gets sorted. Probably the K&N altho it isn't out yet, it won't be long. That'll put me about 300 hp at the crank. A nice round # and good enough for me.
At least that's how I feel now. I may be tempted differently later.........[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font color=green>GSM</font color=green>

Old 04-29-2003, 01:17 PM

gsedanman, first - what are those wires for and where do they go?
second - what is up with that tin foil all over your intake? are you trying to make the air inside the intake cooler?
i personally think that the air flowing from outside the car into the that portion of the intake is moving so fast that the tube in which you insulated does not have time to heat up the air that is passing through it. where did you get that idea, i think it looks very cheezy as well as those wires. i have to know what those are for as well, maybe that actually has a legitimate use ( i hope )

Old 04-29-2003, 01:25 PM

gsedanman, i see in another post you are calling the saran wrap your custom cold air intake.
the idea of a cold air intake is relocating the filter to an area where it will pull in colder air, ie, the injen cai locates the air filter below the headlight lower to the ground from the stock air filter. air closer to the ground is colder/denser and the air filter is located farthest away from the heat of the engine. the cold air intake name does not come from making the tubing cold! however, there is an improvement in the tubing as far as how well and how fast the air can flow through the tubing.

just like a stock exhaust may be kinked or bent somewhere but an aftermarket exhaust will keep the exhaust the same diamater throughout without bends and kinks.

the tubing of a cai just has less kinks/bends to allow more air flow faster, the cooling part is just the location of the filter.