Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Electronic Beep Instead of Horn Beep

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2004, 03:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Electronic Beep Instead of Horn Beep

Kevin-- If you tap into the flashers, how would you lose the horn sound with the panic button? I wouldn't touch the horn circuits in any way, leaving the horn to still be activated independently - whether via the alarm, panic button, or the steering wheel button.

I like your idea about using a single relay that senses ignition. (This would have the relay energized all the time with ignition, right?) Do you know of a good ignition power tap under the hood?

<font color=blue>'04 G35S 5AT, Black Obsidian/Willow, Prem/Nav/Sat</font color=blue>

Old 08-08-2004, 11:06 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

It wouldn't, I am on crack. I was thinking of disconnecting the horn output from the BCM like I was talking about at first. If you just use the flashers and program the alarm to not honk on locking you sould be all set. Actually, during panic you will have horn and the beeper thingy. I don't know of any IGN sources unde the hood. I haven't had very good luck with non-waterproof relays under the hood anyway, I would do as much wiring as possible inside the car and run only the wires for the beeper outside, and maybe the flashers if you can't find it inside, which I don't think you can.

Kevin
www.KPtechnologies.net
AIM: KPiersonTec
04 DG Coupe / VDC Memory
OEM Remote Window up mod
Procharged / Crawford / TS

Old 08-09-2004, 07:52 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

I still think the door lock solonoid is the best point to use.

You will only chirp when locks are actuated.

<font color=blue>04 Silverstone G35, 5AT, Prem, Aero
ES100 225/45-18 front 245/40-18 rear
Borla TD, Z-tube, Eibach, 35%Tints</font color=blue>

Old 10-19-2004, 07:13 PM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

so has anybody actually done this?

Where would you buy the speaker for it?

--------------------
RIP
1994 accord coupe ex
269whp / 281wtq @ 14psi
now:TB 6mt w/ nav

Old 10-24-2004, 10:07 PM
Banned

I ordered 3 different buzzers for testing yesterday. They should be here within the week. Problems I am anticiapting are making the beep loud enough inside the car to be heard oustide of the car. I don't want to install the buzzer under the hood. So, I ordered buzzers in the range of 95-105 dB. Hopefully they will be loud enough.

Kevin
www.KPtechnologies.net
04 DG Coupe / VDC Memory
OEM Remote Window up mod

Old 10-24-2004, 11:16 PM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

hey kpierson.. check this out.. <a href="http://www.p-car.com/beeper">http://www.p-car.com/beeper/</a>

maybe you can make something simliar to that guy?? he made a little unit so it beeps with the light alarm signal and made it so it doesn't sound when you turn on your lights.

--------------------
RIP
1994 accord coupe ex
269whp / 281wtq @ 14psi
now:TB 6mt w/ nav

Old 10-24-2004, 11:32 PM
Banned

Nice find. It seems like they went a round about way to make it work.

My idea is exactly the same, but 100% different. I guess, as per usual, I may have over engineered mine.

Instead of tapping into the parking lights (which don't always flash depending on BCM setting) I was going to get the signal directly from the door lock actuators. I was going to use an ignition source to tell the module when to 'beep' and when not to 'beep.' I was also thinking about making it programmable as to how many beeps each activity gets. For example:

Mode 1: Arm - 1 beep Disarm - 2 beeps
Mode 2: Arm - 2 beeps Disarm - 1 beep
Mode 3: Arm - 1 beep Disarm - 0 beeps

I had never thought about making a remote mountable buzzer in the trunk. I'm not sure if that will help us in our Gs. I will have to do some testing. I have a feeling that the 105dB buzzer will be loud enough.

The one cool thing about the module is that every signal will be availible right in the kick panel at the BCM, so installing it should take 1/2 hour or so.

Hopefully the buzzers will show up tomorrow (Monday) so I can start the testing. However, since the play I ordered from won't ship the order until Monday I have a feeling I'm gonna have to wait until later this week. Hmmmm.... if it isn't loud enough I can always just add more buzzers! Muahahaha

Kevin
www.KPtechnologies.net
04 DG Coupe / VDC Memory
OEM Remote Window up mod

Old 10-25-2004, 06:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

installed a viper 800esp and used two toyota buzzers. i wired the buzzers to the siren output and put the siren on the horn honk output on the alarm and changed the output to constant insead of pulsing. thus, when arming the alarm the buzzer only chirps and if the alarm is triggered the siren would sound. used two toyota buzzers so it would be pretty loud.

Old 10-25-2004, 08:10 AM
Banned

Where did you get the Toyota buzzers at? Are they designed to be mounted under the hood or in the car?

Kevin
www.KPtechnologies.net
04 DG Coupe / VDC Memory
OEM Remote Window up mod

Old 10-25-2004, 09:35 AM

this sounds like a great mod! I'm thinking about doing this but i'm also planning to add an aftermarket remote start/alarm system... with that in mind, I'm guessing the installer would know what i'm talking about when i explain i don't want the horn sound but instead the electronic beep... but I guess the catch is getting the buzzer i want...

Good luck on the buzzer module, if I decide not to get the aftermarket alarm, i'll probably look into that instead.

Old 04-27-2005, 02:20 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
anyone have a sound clip of the Z Sport horn?

Old 04-27-2005, 06:04 AM
Banned
The project stalled when I couldn't find a suitible electronic beeper. I tested a bunch in the car but none were loud enough to be heard outside of the car. I haven't been able to locate any weatherproof ones to mount under the hood, so that is where we are now.

Old 04-27-2005, 09:06 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Do the 05s have the same setup as the 03/04s when it comes to the arming and disarming sounds?

Old 05-18-2005, 09:20 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
I just bought my 03 G and it is annoying that it doesn't make a noise when I arm it. According to the thread, it appears I am able to turn on the horn so it makes noise when I lock the doors w/ the keyfab.... Can anyone tell me how to do this?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Electronic Beep Instead of Horn Beep