Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Twin SUPERCHARGED g35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 10:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check this out see who can guess who said this to me. Called both stillen and vortech about my build one was optimistically supportive and very helpful and the other was very dismissive, gave zero advice, but said it was a good idea. just didnt want to be responsible for anything..which i can sorta understand

Old 09-09-2009, 11:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by g35&cd6
so whats your definition on wont work??? ei blown motor, blown charger, no performance gains, ???
No performance gains, or not a whole lot. You're better off using the Vortech only, and installing supporting mods. While being different is a nice thing, it makes no sense to do it if it's not practical/useful.

Originally Posted by binder
lol, that guy in the m6 video can't drive for ****. He first holds it on revlimiter forever in first gear then once he decides he should shift he is hitting all kinds of controls. Turn signal, brights....lol. Apparently it's hard to drive in a straight line!
Apparently you haven't driven a car in that caliber. He rev'd it "forever" cuz the tires are spinning. If you shift too soon, you can either bug the car or lose traction even more. Once he was going, it is a rush to keep the car straight with that much power, hence the lights and stuff. You should try driving a big HP car like that w/o taking your foot of the gas... But if you do, you'll love it!

Check this out see who can guess who said this to me. Called both stillen and vortech about my build one was optimistically supportive and very helpful and the other was very dismissive, gave zero advice, but said it was a good idea. just didnt want to be responsible for anything..which i can sorta understand
They won't be responsible, and they will not stick to a warranty if any, cuz it's being used different then the manufacturer's suggestion. Then again, good luck if you keep going with it. Keep us posted, don't mind the bashing...

Old 09-10-2009, 01:37 AM
[QUOTE=got_boost99;4542049]No performance gains, or not a whole lot. You're better off using the Vortech only, and installing supporting mods. While being different is a nice thing, it makes no sense to do it if it's not practical/useful.

I was told by a few that i should see any sort off hp gain at all at this point because of my desired boost levels just a gain in responsiveness ei. quicker to rev. told to me buy a local engine builder that ive come to trust but then again he could be wrong. When i came across diagrams of wincharged systems most had what looked like valves to divert air after the turbo spooled up to almost cut out the roots completely assuming solving the airflow problem you suggested earlier. Is this correct? or is this just to eliminate back pressure in the intake before the roots that would be caused by the charged air from the turbo. I am not really looking for substantial gains what so ever. basically originality and recognition for the build. both kits were alot cheaper than retail so its not like i dropped a ton on either (stillen kit ran me 1000 total)

Old 09-10-2009, 01:53 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
yea...i just did a bump start to make sure the belts were tracking and it accidentally started...ran like **** cuz i have no hoses or any lines hooked up and the mass airflow wasnt hooked up either but other than that it sounded normal

soooo... aside from it sounding like crap, it sounded normal?

anyway, i really wanna see this thing happen.... please have multiple cameras rolling when you first crank it for real

and good luck!

Old 09-10-2009, 02:29 AM
yea that sounds bad i knw but kinda just ment to say it idled ok just a slight miss from there not having any lines hooked up ei valve cover hose, brake booster hose, and the 3 lines from the roots charger intake tube. But i heard no abnormal sounds note* under slight load 1500 rpm max....had to rev it to keep it running beings all the hoses were disconnected causing the misfire

Old 09-10-2009, 02:31 AM
this weekend ill do a finished startup and post a video

Old 09-10-2009, 02:48 AM
this will be interesting

Old 09-10-2009, 03:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by got_boost99

Apparently you haven't driven a car in that caliber. He rev'd it "forever" cuz the tires are spinning. If you shift too soon, you can either bug the car or lose traction even more. Once he was going, it is a rush to keep the car straight with that much power, hence the lights and stuff. You should try driving a big HP car like that w/o taking your foot of the gas... But if you do, you'll love it!
full built drag car enough? 2006 built zo6? If those aren't enough then how about a 74 pantera with 515 hp at the wheels? I never had a problem up to 170+ hitting the turn signals or brights.

If he's doing a top speed run, he needs to get his foot out of the gas. he'll accel faster if he actually backs off and gets traction.

I can smoke the tires through 3rd gear but i'll run 2 seconds slower in the 1/8th. If i get my foot out of the gas a little and let the tires hook up i run my fastest times.

Old 09-10-2009, 03:40 PM
Its flooding! and i keep gettin a evap sensor hign imput code????

Old 09-10-2009, 04:50 PM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Its running lol

Thats awesome

Old 09-10-2009, 04:57 PM
yea but the damn thing prolly gets .5 mpg they way its smelling i know i had major leak from where i put the adaptor plate for the fuel rail on so some of the sent is from that but i can tell its rich as hell! I will post a high quality 2min+ video this wkend once i have the lines all run good and oil catch mounted and........ hood cut

Old 09-10-2009, 05:11 PM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Sucks you have to cut the hood though

Old 09-10-2009, 06:18 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
sounds like the storm that just rolled through here. good luck with the build/tune

Old 09-10-2009, 06:47 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by GT-ER
Run the largest pulley possible on the roots type because it's going to build boost like a **** once that centrifugal gets going.
actually I do not believe this to be the case. Technically, the Vortech is not of any benefit here in this setup.

the stillen blower compresses the air directly based on the engine speed, forcing more air into the roots type blower will not help it spin up any quicker. If anything, the small bypass valve on the side of it will dump the extra pressure. (this is the valve that controls the boost, since at idle even the blower is compressing air, it helps the car not to create boost whil idleing etc). I would expect there to be a huge buildup of pressure between the blowers, creating MAF sensor issues, thus creating fuel delivery issues. All in all an interesting thought, but not at all practical.

don't forget that the stillen blower only is goo up to about 7 psi before it heat soaks the air like crazy, robbing you of power ultimately. It's not efficient beyond that.

also technically speaking, the stillen blower will create boost even before the vortech spools, which completely defeats any purpose of this idea...

Old 09-10-2009, 08:25 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Originally Posted by Tony@RiversideInfiniti
actually I do not believe this to be the case. Technically, the Vortech is not of any benefit here in this setup.

the stillen blower compresses the air directly based on the engine speed, forcing more air into the roots type blower will not help it spin up any quicker. If anything, the small bypass valve on the side of it will dump the extra pressure. (this is the valve that controls the boost, since at idle even the blower is compressing air, it helps the car not to create boost whil idleing etc). I would expect there to be a huge buildup of pressure between the blowers, creating MAF sensor issues, thus creating fuel delivery issues. All in all an interesting thought, but not at all practical.

don't forget that the stillen blower only is goo up to about 7 psi before it heat soaks the air like crazy, robbing you of power ultimately. It's not efficient beyond that.

also technically speaking, the stillen blower will create boost even before the vortech spools, which completely defeats any purpose of this idea...
All very true, but you left out one thing.......the cool factor.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Twin SUPERCHARGED g35