Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Twin SUPERCHARGED g35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 05:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No injectors

Originally Posted by g35dawson
http://gt-rr.com/gt-r/r35/power_ente...r_kit/pid/326#

Check into this. This kit adds two superchargers to the twin turbos on the new GTR.
yea ive cn videos of this kit before its insane i wish i just had the loot to even buy a gtr

Old 09-16-2009, 07:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by g35&cd6
if i did a y pipe there would be a need for a check valve i mean it be the same as hooking up the vortech by itself. the bov idea would work but i would be afraid of the bov not flowing enough air into the bottom of the stillen and causing back flow there. im not running enough boost to create any problems as of now but i need to have a game plan for when i get to build the bottom end.
i can aggree with the bov possibly not allowing enough air through, im not sure what the best way to solve it is. problem is that since the vortech is kind of like an open path, i think the boost would start backing up the vortech pipe before the vortech kicked in, and all the stillen boost would just run out the vortech system

Old 09-17-2009, 05:33 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
haha killer pic there. I don't see how that guy can see but it's pretty cool. I think you are right for that guy's sake. The idea I had is to run a rpm and/or pressure controlled clutch on the stillen pulley. At low rpm, the stillen will get the boost going, when the vortech ramps up, the stillen can be clutched off. The question is can the air be decently forced though the stillen's SC twin screws w/o too much restriction (when they aren't moving). If so, then I don't think a dual maf would be neccessary. The guy is on a stock bottom end so there's no need to have both sc's running.

Of course if the stillen can be made to make enough hp to max out the bottom end anyway, the vortech is a moot point but this is more about logicistics and theory.

I've also not read much if any discussion about engine management.
Installing a clutch setup to the stillen SC would work theoretically, but to answer the other part of this issue, the stillen SC would act as a tremendous blocakge for your intake system, and in fact, it might even damage the screws and the internal seals of the stillen. they are not designed to hold up to external pressures being pushed onto them.

Again, I'm not an ME, but I am just using my technical sense that I know of from working on these cars over the years, I may be wrong on this but I don't think it's a great idea.

Why don't you contact magnuson and speak to one of their technical experts, since the stillen blower is one of their cores, they can help you with these tech questions regarding forcing air into the stillen blower, AND they should be able to answer the other issue of the stillen boosting the already compressed air the vortech is giving it.

try them out, I think it's a MAJOR phone call you should make if you are still really considering this setup.

I'd forget asking around on the forums, nobody here will be able to give you solid answer, only good guestimates, and some theory.

Old 09-17-2009, 05:34 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by g35dawson
http://gt-rr.com/gt-r/r35/power_ente...r_kit/pid/326#

Check into this. This kit adds two superchargers to the twin turbos on the new GTR.
this is a completely different philosophy behind it than what this thread is about.

night and day different

Old 09-17-2009, 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by Tony@RiversideInfiniti
Installing a clutch setup to the stillen SC would work theoretically, but to answer the other part of this issue, the stillen SC would act as a tremendous blocakge for your intake system, and in fact, it might even damage the screws and the internal seals of the stillen. they are not designed to hold up to external pressures being pushed onto them.

Again, I'm not an ME, but I am just using my technical sense that I know of from working on these cars over the years, I may be wrong on this but I don't think it's a great idea.

Why don't you contact magnuson and speak to one of their technical experts, since the stillen blower is one of their cores, they can help you with these tech questions regarding forcing air into the stillen blower, AND they should be able to answer the other issue of the stillen boosting the already compressed air the vortech is giving it.

try them out, I think it's a MAJOR phone call you should make if you are still really considering this setup.

I'd forget asking around on the forums, nobody here will be able to give you solid answer, only good guestimates, and some theory.
yea ill def. give em a call but i don think this will be an issue because im installing the bypass setup using a y pipe and relocating the throttle body

Old 09-20-2009, 08:47 PM
Sweet setup!!! If you need some more tractive force on the belt I have a custom 8-rib crank pulley for sale that I had made by Unorthodox Racing and used on my V-mount SC. Best of luck bro!

Old 09-20-2009, 08:56 PM
Originally Posted by Z33Art
Sweet setup!!! If you need some more tractive force on the belt I have a custom 8-rib crank pulley for sale that I had made by Unorthodox Racing and used on my V-mount SC. Best of luck bro!
what do you mean by tractive force and how much?

Old 09-20-2009, 09:10 PM
what do you mean by tractive force and how much?

I mean belt slip issues.

Here are some pictures:

It would obviously not be a drop-in fit and would require some work to get everything situated properly as it did for me.

It is a legitimate Unorthodox Racing crank pulley which cost me over $500 and 4 months of waiting. I originally got it for my v-mount Vortech setup in the picture and later I was going to do a twin Vortech setup with one on each side. Later I just ended up making a custom single turbo kit again.

Anyways, if your interested, I am looking for $100 shipped.

Old 09-21-2009, 04:17 PM
Wow dude thats really f*&%ing cool but i dont think i need somthing like that i mean im not having nay sorta problems yet. Ill keep ya in mind tho. so the pic is of the under side of your g35/350z?

Old 09-21-2009, 07:06 PM
Wow dude thats really f*&%ing cool but i dont think i need somthing like that i mean im not having nay sorta problems yet. Ill keep ya in mind tho. so the pic is of the under side of your g35/350z?
350z. I don't want to take you thread off topic but here is a pick of the setup:

Old 09-21-2009, 08:18 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Good Lord, I have seen smaller turbos on Diesel Trucks!

Old 09-21-2009, 08:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Texasscout
Good Lord, I have seen smaller turbos on Diesel Trucks!
That's his SC setup. His turbo setup is just as cool.

Here's his SC build thread OP:
http://my350z.com/forum/shop-builds/...uild-pics.html

Last edited by SDGeneralCounsel; 09-21-2009 at 09:09 PM.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by Z33Art
350z. I don't want to take you thread off topic but here is a pick of the setup:
Wow dude thats f'n insane i would kill for that setup...i like how clean it all is. Haha i hate it when people mistake my s/c for a turbo i mean for real how is it even possible a turbo that size is barley on 3k hp drag cars let alont a street driven pump gas whip. Plus the even if a person were to bolt one up that size it take a year and a half just to spool up.

Old 09-21-2009, 10:57 PM
Anyone know of any fab shops to get some flanges and a throttle bopdy relocating adapter made???

Old 09-22-2009, 07:52 AM
Anyone know of any fab shops to get some flanges and a throttle bopdy relocating adapter made???
Check out vibrantperformance or ross machine racing.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Twin SUPERCHARGED g35