Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Twin SUPERCHARGED g35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 02:56 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
man, if this guy doesnt blow up that thing and it actually works out well , this will be the best

"in your face" everrrrr

Old 09-09-2009, 03:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
subscribed! action speaks louder than words!!!! i wanna c this beast in action!!!

Old 09-09-2009, 04:18 AM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by SDGeneralCounsel
probably the Cobra's, but no they really don't. They go boom with a little more boost, just as easily as the VQ
That's not even close to true. Sure it may be a Ford, but that engine is no joke and can take some serious abuse.

Old 09-09-2009, 04:54 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by GT-ER
Did someone just say that the Cobra's 4.6 goes boom with a little more boost??? LMAOOO!!!

I've heard stock bottom end cobra's make over 800whp.
Yup.. Just for good measure

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> VQ

Old 09-09-2009, 01:02 PM
Originally Posted by Ummiamryan
Your located in cookeville, TN? I am located in murphreesboro! I wanna see this thing is person. Also, if you end up selling any boost parts
yea man i drive there every week for va appoinments im bout an hr and 15, the way i drive...ha but im startin it this wkend if you serious ......and to say once again this thread is for advise only not for comments the original post was for people to post potential problems and or things i may need to make sure befor start. not to post hatin a^^ comments. If you dont knw jack about engines then just enjoy the reading dont post less you have some viable information. Also me sayin 750whp is not my goal with this single mod. this is my goal way after a full engine build up.

Old 09-09-2009, 01:33 PM
anyone goin to nopi this year im gunna try and make it if i can get this thing done in time

Old 09-09-2009, 02:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Can't believe I missed this thread.

Op, good luck! I hope it doesn't go boom. You will need bigger injectors and a better fuel pump. To much air will heat up your cylinders making detonation or melting you internals causing it to go BOOM!

My opinion/prediction:

As cool as this sounds, as many stated, it is a waste. Reason behind this, is that both chargers are different. The Vortech will send the boost to the intake pipes which will go to the Stillen. Now, both chargers are belt driven, so the boost coming from the Vortech will be very limited by the Stillen charger (the engine will not see this boost). It will push the car to make the boost faster, but it will be a waste, the boost will not be as useful. The outcome I predict is, a bunch of pipes be blowing off, and/or the boost going to the Stillen will damge the charger cuz it can't handle so much pressure; or the most logical, which will be the BOV be open most of the time cuz of the built pressure in the pipes.

It would work if both chargers were centrifugal, like the one on this video:

Good Luck!

Old 09-09-2009, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by got_boost99
Can't believe I missed this thread.

Op, good luck! I hope it doesn't go boom. You will need bigger injectors and a better fuel pump. To much air will heat up your cylinders making detonation or melting you internals causing it to go BOOM!

My opinion/prediction:

As cool as this sounds, as many stated, it is a waste. Reason behind this, is that both chargers are different. The Vortech will send the boost to the intake pipes which will go to the Stillen. Now, both chargers are belt driven, so the boost coming from the Vortech will be very limited by the Stillen charger (the engine will not see this boost). It will push the car to make the boost faster, but it will be a waste, the boost will not be as useful. The outcome I predict is, a bunch of pipes be blowing off, and/or the boost going to the Stillen will damge the charger cuz it can't handle so much pressure; or the most logical, which will be the BOV be open most of the time cuz of the built pressure in the pipes.

It would work if both chargers were centrifugal, like the one on this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtAPyoBC-bw

Good Luck!
good post finally someone with some sense i think all these idiots that post the forhead slapping thing. anyways msgs me if you can more about what ya think i can see your point and i thought this in the begining but i was told that it will help both with efficiency.

Old 09-09-2009, 06:54 PM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
About the two post's above...the stillen m62 blower is just to small to handle any extra boost or airflow that the vortech is going to try and supply it.You are barking up the wrong tree here as i had the stillen for years and wanted to add a small shot of nitrous to it.The companys i contacted said the motor would last a few runs with nitrous on the stillen but it will blow.

The problem here is that the stillen can only handle so much airflow(as its the same puny little blower thats on the colbalt)and that is what will screw this project completely.

But good luck if you still wanna try it.....cause it isnt going to work.

Old 09-09-2009, 08:08 PM
so whats your definition on wont work??? ei blown motor, blown charger, no performance gains, ???

Old 09-09-2009, 10:08 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lol, that guy in the m6 video can't drive for ****. He first holds it on revlimiter forever in first gear then once he decides he should shift he is hitting all kinds of controls. Turn signal, brights....lol. Apparently it's hard to drive in a straight line!

Old 09-09-2009, 10:22 PM
Doh!

Old 09-09-2009, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by SDGeneralCounsel
I think this about sums up this build.

springsportauto.com - customer cars...

Sorry OP...

Are you seriusly hating that bad where you have to dis my website. sorry im a ME major and not in web design. Ill make sure i rethink my career choice next time. anyways this is prof that people havent any more time on there hands then to hate i mean. guess people just rather be a^^holes then nice.

Old 09-09-2009, 10:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by g35&cd6
Are you seriusly hating that bad where you have to dis my website. sorry im a ME major and not in web design. Ill make sure i rethink my career choice next time. anyways this is prof that people havent any more time on there hands then to hate i mean. guess people just rather be a^^holes then nice.
pay him no attention that guy is one to talk with is riced out frankenstein part fitted coupe

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Twin SUPERCHARGED g35