Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

So many questions...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2004, 03:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So many questions...

One at a time though.. Will putting pulleys on void warranty?? And anybody have any personal preference on new shifter or new air intake?

Old 09-16-2004, 05:15 PM
Re: So many questions...

The start of this thread sounds sooooo familiar... [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Check out this thread and <a target="_blank" href=http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB25&Number=67748124&Foru m=UBB25&Words=[b]and here too</a> to save another war from starting. [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-16-2004, 09:00 PM

So true.

2K4 G35x/ etc...details

Old 09-17-2004, 08:02 PM

ok... I see my sinful ways and ask not to be judged for the stupid pulley question!! What about the Shifter and air intake, I hate being so lazy as to just ask, because I am sure that its been talked about somewhere, but people have had more time to experience things and know how they work. Any help in that area?? Also, does after market exhaust (obviously depending on the brand) give our cars a little bit deeper growl, or am I going to be compared to a civic?? Thanks for all the help.

new kid on the block

Old 09-18-2004, 07:41 AM

You can talk to Pimpinpearl (Josh) about his short shifter if you want. You could also do a SEARCH at the top of the page. There have been many useful discussions over the last couple of years that probably won't be rehashed in as much detail as this thread is going to get into.

Happy hunting...

Old 09-18-2004, 09:25 AM

If the mod you perform can be shown to cause the problem that you bring the car in for, they may not repair it under warranty. If you have a pulley installed and the tail lights go out, that's one thing. If you have a pulley installed and your crank bearing goes bad, that's another.

Although an intake and exhaust may seem like innocuous mods, you will certainly want to read this thread to weigh your tolerance for risk/reward, based on your relationship with your dealer.

https://g35driver.com/forums/showfla...sed&sb=5&part=

It really varies by dealer. My dealer has an owner that installed a Borla on his own wife's car. The dealer referenced in the above thread appears to be looking for a fight with people that mod their cars at all, however irrelevant to the repair. Know the risks before you mod. Before I did anything, I had a face to face chat with the Service Advisor at my dealer to gauge their position on mods. I messed with the air, but not the crank. Talk to your dealer before you do anything if you're concerned about any problems with warranty work.

2004.5 Coupe/5AT/Ivory/Everything but front spoiler/Nismo CAI/Crawford V5/Crawford Cats

Old 09-18-2004, 04:11 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The dealer has nothing legally to do with the Warranty. The warranty is between you and Nissan/Infiniti. A dealer is just the repair shop that the factory has an agreement to use exclusively.
What a dealer says or doen't say has no bearing on the warranty. Now a service manager who has a excellant
relationship with Infiniti regional or national people can sometimes persuade them to pay for something iffy.

The dealership can also be punished for too frequent trips to the warranty trough on minor items or if they get caught cheating and get put on extreme super secret probation [from Animal House].......then every nut and bolt is examined by factory prior to approval.........all depends on how many cars they sell vs how much warranty charges they attempt per month.

Old 09-19-2004, 10:11 AM

lol , I thought that was "double secret probation".

"We're already on probation sir"
"Well then now you're on double secret probation"

2004.5 Coupe/5AT/Ivory/Everything but front spoiler/Nismo CAI/Crawford V5/Crawford Cats