Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Turbonetics ST install!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 01:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
heres another thing they said that i though id share... when i picked the car up at japtrix he said that the y-pipe is dangerously close to the block and oil pan and that it will melt through the block and i will blow my motor... first of all, the block is made to withstand heat.. thats why the engine compresses air and gas and ingites to create a cumbustion! its hotter in the engine and oil etc than it will be in and around the y pipe.... how much sense does that make!!

Old 12-20-2010, 02:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do you have any pictures of your progress?

I'm also in the process of completing the same kit install but would like to see how yours is looking in comparison to mine.

Old 12-20-2010, 07:05 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DanielsG
heres another thing they said that i though id share... when i picked the car up at japtrix he said that the y-pipe is dangerously close to the block and oil pan and that it will melt through the block and i will blow my motor... first of all, the block is made to withstand heat.. thats why the engine compresses air and gas and ingites to create a cumbustion! its hotter in the engine and oil etc than it will be in and around the y pipe.... how much sense does that make!!
it sounds like they were really trying to give you a hard time and didnt like anything about this kit. you should ask them how they would like to route it because there is SOOOO much room in our engine bay to place turbos and route pipes.

Old 12-20-2010, 09:07 PM
yea exactally. its all done now and im going for the tune tomorrow. sorry i havent been posting pics but its been kinda crazy around here. i have a few questions about the wastegate, wastegate spring and manual boost controller. my setup is going to be the blue, five lb spring, and manual boost controller 3 lbs over that to make it run at 8 lbs.
question. is it hard to replace the spring now that it is on the car? second. how do i hook up my manual boost contoller? is it, turbo nipple to BC then BC to waste gate? sound right. i have the turboxs boost controller and need to know which nipple on it. goes to waste gate and which one to turbo nipple???? thanks!

Old 12-21-2010, 07:57 PM
update. changed the waste gate spring to the 7 lb white spring. just to be safe and ditched the manual boost controller. I did this so i wont risk boost spikes and will program a cut off with the map sensor on my utech. should run strong, good and safe.
wow what a long process. i cant wait to drive her.....

Old 12-22-2010, 03:27 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
good idea! most people that have a boost controller early in their first FI ownership misuse it. And with your motor not being built, its best to keep it safe and low boost. 7 is good. Cant wait. Make sure you post pics or vids links of the dyno runs. and last, POST NUMBERS!!!!

Old 12-22-2010, 05:37 PM
NEED HELP fast!!!! Tuner called... The utech is locked???? He needs some sort of code????! WTF do I do!!!! Locked from previous owner,,,,,

Old 12-22-2010, 05:41 PM
Also I called previous owner and he doesn't know......

Old 12-22-2010, 08:08 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
It is most likely from the previous owners tuner. Locked it so the previous owner couldn't go in and change things, or find out what the tuner did. He should have asked that before he sold it.

Old 12-22-2010, 09:03 PM
Yea I called the previous owner already and he didn't know, so then I had to call the owner before him and he might not know either... It did come with a cd... Could it be on that? What am I going to do otherwise. Cam it be reset or something??!!

Old 12-23-2010, 12:05 AM
ok so apparently this particular utech was tuned by a guy named mike mcafee at altered atmostphere. and it so happends to be that they are out of business and that was my only way of getting that "code" thing. i am so PISSED! is there any way to restore it? everything that was sold to me i basically cant use. except for the fuel pump and turbo. i had to buy new injectors, misc harware and parts, and now a new utech.... kit was completely falsely advertised....

Old 12-23-2010, 12:42 AM
if anyone can help please do! i have to know by AM eastern time otherwise tuner closes for chrstmas and new year and i wont be able to drive my car for another week!!!!!

Old 12-23-2010, 12:43 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
How many digits is the code?

Old 12-23-2010, 12:46 AM
Hold The Line

Received 622 Likes on 406 Posts
I could only say to try Jack at HP Logic cause he's local but we already discussed that. Trailer it to GA @ Forged? I don't know of many reputable tuners, sorry.

http://www.horsepowerlogic.com/
http://www.forgedperformance.com/

Old 12-23-2010, 12:51 AM
Originally Posted by Shakuya88
How many digits is the code?
no idea how many digits. im guessing 4?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Turbonetics ST install!!