Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Bad Scammer #2 - jaerian

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2004, 11:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad Scammer #2 - jaerian

Guys - Guess ya'll can count me as Jeremy's second victim!! I tried to buy his NX kit ( did he even have one?? ) for $380. I sent him a personal check for that amount & after 2 weeks, I PM'd him to inquire about the kit's shipment. He claimed that he'd had trouble with his home mail service ( the Watermarke address that acerys listed - something about just moved there ) & that he'd never received my check. I checked my bank online & the check never cleared. He offered to go ahead & send the kit & asked me if I'd mind stopping payment on that check & sending a new one to his work address. I agreed & went to Bank One to stop payment but ( like a too trusting idiot ) went ahead & sent him a money order for ANOTHER $380. Unfortunately, I should have waited until the stop payment went through because the next day the first check cleared. When I PM'd Jeremy, he said that he didn't bank with Wells Fargo ( the bank that cashed the check in Cali ) so I suspected bank fraud. I filed some paperwork with my bank & asked Jeremy to fill out the same papers so that I'd get the funds put back ( heck, I even sent him a SASE to return the papers to me in!! ). He then claimed that his "assistant" had shipped the NX kit but threw away the USPS tracking numbers but that he'd start a trace from his end. He also claimed that he'd just gotten back from SEMA but that his "attorney" would notarize the Bank One papers & return them to me. Since then ( 3 weeks ago ), there's been no kit OR paperwork plus he hasn't returned any of my PM's so I guess I'm SOL!! Like acerys, I'm too trusting but I've been a car enthusiast website member for over a decade ( 4 years each on ClubLexus.com & CorvetteForums.com + the last 2 years here & on G35Driver.com ) & this is the first time I've ever been scammed so maybe I've been fortunate ( doesn't feel that way, though ). I'll try some of the advice & site ya'll gave acerys & let ya know what happens ( if anything ).

Gene

Old 11-18-2004, 11:40 AM
Re: Bad Scammer #2 - jaerian

This is the same warning post that acerys & I put over on My350z.com. I checked with Don ( Dyenboy ) about things before posting this ( didn't want to slander anyone before speaking with one of the Administrators ). Just beware of this scam artist if he's still one these boards.
BTW - yes, I'll use PayPal next time but in my defense ( other than being stupid ), Jeremy didn't except PP ( NOW I know why!!! )

Gene

Old 11-18-2004, 01:26 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G

Hey Gene,

Instead of coming on this forum and slamming a family man who doesn't need your money in the first place, why don't you get on Google and search for him? I saw this thread and was livid at the irresponsible nature of your actions. Check you PM and you'll have his cell phone. I spoke to him and his explanation makes perfect sense.

Wanna see mine?

Old 11-18-2004, 02:46 PM

Randy - Please explain how I acted irresponsibly? I, too am a family man who can use $380. I have been dealing with Jeremy on this subject since 7/4 so where does HIS responsibility come into play? It's a 2 way street as I see it & since he has both the money ( & possibly the kit ), wouldn't U think that HE should take the first step? No one is calling me a scam artist because I'm the one out of both product & money. It just strikes me as funny that he'll take the time to explain his stance to someone who has no position in this transaction yet can't find the time to return my last 2 PM's. As I asked Don, I certainly don't want to falsely accuse anyone of anything BUT when months go by without any progress ( even a simple matter of returning my bank paperwork which would have allowed me to recover the first $380 at NO expense to Jeremy ) & then I see other posts of bad transactions with Jeremy both here & on my350Z.com, I felt I had no other course of action than to post my results here & on 350z.com & let other Members be aware of the situation.
As far as the cell # goes, I'd prefer that HE PM me & we'll try to work this out offline. If we can manage to do so, I WILL publically apologize to Jeremy. Until such time, everyone can re-read my posts & draw their own conclusions.

Gene

Old 11-18-2004, 02:50 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G

so, you don't plan to call him on his cell? That doesn't make sense. According to him, he's sent both the bank paperwork AND the NX kit to an address you provided and he's in the process of finding out with USPS where there are...call him and worj this out and stop relying on some forums mean of communication.

Wanna see mine?

Old 11-18-2004, 03:12 PM

Randy,

If the guy has been waiting for 3 weeks, I can understand him coming on here and giving a good gripe. Heck, this is the 3rd time someone has complained about "jaerian". Every time he's had an excuse as to why a business transaction went "awry". How many excuses does he need? I understand that some people just have a "bad business cloud" hanging over their head, those are the people I want to know about so that I can avoid doing business with them.

Good family man or not, I won't be doing business with this person.

Thanks for the warning. Make sure to follow up with what happens in the end, especially if you get your kit for your agreed upon price. My guess is that things will get worked out, but IMO it's just not worth the hassle to save a few bucks...

Old 11-18-2004, 03:14 PM

I am just an outsider reading all this. I have seen everyone post things about this guy, and it seems funny how he says he wants to work it out. Then when they try to contact him he never answers again. It is not one person on here that this happen to it is numerous. So I think that people need to solve this issue and stop playing games. Everyone can say that i have all the money in the world and dont need to scam people, but that wont stop someone from doing it.You ever hear enron martha stewart they have money, but still will do anything to make an extra buck. All I am saying is you cant judge someone by hanging out with them a couple times cause you never know what they can really be up to. Also maybe the guys on here arent doing there part to help the problem and maybe this guy isnt a scam artist. Until they can all talk and figure it out. I think everyone needs to hold there opinions about all involved till the end.

Old 11-18-2004, 03:14 PM
PM's

Forum Members - Here are the PM's from Jeremy to myself. Judge for yourselves if I'm irresponsible in my actions.

Received: 07/04/04 09:02 PM
I am located in Southern California. Just approximate the shipping from this zip code 92612 and just add the shipping. It probably weight less than 15 pounds. i don't have paypal, you can send a personal check or cashiers check, its up to you, just let me know.

Received: 07/12/04 04:12 PM
Do me a favor can you place a stop payment on that check and send to my work address, as I have been having a hard time with the mail here, as my place was just newly built. Please get back to me ASAP. Just deduct the stop payment fee from the check. Thanks Again, and I am really sorry.

Jeremy Operana
1072 SE Bristol Suite 209
Santa Ana, CA 92707

Received: 07/31/04 05:12 PM
I have not receive dthe check as of yet, but I have been out of town since Thursday, I had my assistant look out for it and he will deposit the check for me once it arrives at my office. I will follow up with him tonite. OPnce I do receive it, i will let you know. I will return next Thursday, but he has the kit wiht him so he will sen dit once I receive the check.

Received: 08/03/04 07:06 PM
I ma pretty sure it was him who deposited the check for me, I am still out, but will let him know to send the kit.

Received: 08/05/04 12:47 PM
I don't know if he does have one, i was told by him it was sent prioriy mail via USPS, next day shipping. i will check with him. Thanks

Received: 08/19/04 10:43 AM
WOW Gene!!

It has been two weeks since I heard from you and assumed you had already received it. When I get into the office I will check with him and find out what the heck is going on. I will take care of it and get back to you.

Received: 08/20/04 03:51 PM
My assistant had been looking for the shipment form, he had it picked up by our mail carrier, so it was sent USPS. He said he does not recall if there was a delivery confirmation or just a straight shipment, which kinda of sucks and I was pretty upset at him. I guess he did not expect to be tring to track down the delivery and he was just as shock as I was to here from you 2 weeks later regarding not receiving the package, i was shocked as well, and I understand you were out of town on work duty, so I am praying that it was not delivered and left there or signed by some one else. I will keep you posted and i feel really bad as I know you have been waiting for this system. thanks

Jeremy

Received: 08/24/04 11:20 AM
I have called the USPS, and inquired, they said they will place an inquiry about it and do a delivery search in your area, from the day the package was picked up and the estimated day it was to be delivered and let me know what happened, if it was delivered to someone there or if they left a note and it still sitting at the depot.

Received: 08/27/04 04:17 PM
I told them that you had your mail stop, and they well the only thing they can think of is its lost at the depot over there, or its there and no one saw it. Worst case, if they don't find it soon, I will send you back your money and track it down somehow and then when I find it I will resend it to you, then you can send me payment again, that is if you are still interested. Anywho, they said they will get back to me by mid next week.

Received: 09/01/04 10:39 AM
I was hoping you had good news, I already filed a claim on it, it doesn't help my assistant cannot find the original receipt, they also tried a regional search for it but without the original papers, it does nothing, that kind of sucks. I am supposed to call them tomorrow to see what they foundout or what they can do.

Received: 10/12/04 10:57 AM
Hey Gene,

I have been out of the office for a couple of weeks, I had my attorney here at the office look over everything for me and he will be notarizing it for and as well as going over everything with me on it, at this point, I have not gotten anything from the post office, but I will go ahead and send you a check for $380, so we put this behind us.

Received: 10/25/04 10:54 AM
Will do, sorry for the late reply, I have been ruinning around ragged getting ready for SEMA, I sent out the form to you last Friday, so you should receive it anytime. Thanks

Old 11-18-2004, 03:19 PM

Randy's_G:

Do you know jaerian personally? If not, then I think it's strange that you would stick up for him. It's very interesting that of the two complaints, that he ends up with the money and product. Sure hope everything gets worked out.

03.5 G35S 5AT - Desert Platinum/Graphite/Clear corners/HG kit/20% Tint

Old 11-18-2004, 03:22 PM
Re: PM's

so have you got a check from him then. since he wrote you that on oct 25.

Old 11-18-2004, 03:22 PM

Based on this, I think you have every right to post this problem. No freaking way you should have to wait this long to resolve the transaction.

03.5 G35S 5AT - Desert Platinum/Graphite/Clear corners/HG kit/20% Tint

Old 11-18-2004, 03:57 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G

Yes, Typhoon, opf course I do...otherwise I wouldn't be saying anything...

Wanna see mine?

Old 11-18-2004, 03:57 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G

Yes, Typhoon, of course I do...otherwise I wouldn't be saying anything...

Wanna see mine?

Old 11-18-2004, 04:06 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G

Gene,

I read that trail as biased as possible and although is sucks that this is happening, it seems to me that you are both victims of circumstance...but to accuse him of being a crook is over-the-top.

Wanna see mine?

Old 11-18-2004, 06:05 PM
Semantics

Randy - Here's Webster's definition of "crook" when used as a noun - crook : a person who engages in fraudulent or criminal practices. I don't recall using the word "crook" in any of my posts; rather, the simple fact that I'm a victim.

Circumstances may vary but fraud is defined as an act of deception for personal gain. I hope that your wording of "I read that trail as biased as possible" was meant to say as "unbiased" as possible? FWIW - I admire your loyalty in sticking up for your friend. I'll also give credit to Jeremy that he SEEMED sincere in helping me/us resolve this situation.
Still, I haven't received either product or paperwork from him ( and no, Hector - no refund check from Jeremy ever made it's way into my hands BUT it was a nice gesture that was never acted upon ). In fact, I still believed in Jeremy enough to tell him to NOT send me that check since I really wanted the NX kit. Randy, this disclosure should show you that I'm being 100% truthful about dealing with Jeremy to tell both sides of the story ( not that I owe YOU anything ). I don't buy the address thing either because I sent a SASE to him in which to return the bank paperwork so i KNOW the address was correct. By doing this I tried to make it as easy as possible FOR HIM to simply sign, date & notarize the papers & return them to me so I could at least recover part of my $380. Guess I can chalk this up as a "lesson learned".

BTW - there are 3 other G/Z Forum members who have issues with Jeremy so this isn't an isolated case.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bad Scammer #2 - jaerian