Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Motordyne Plenum Spacer Vs Crawford V5

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 07:07 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by Dizz
Nevermind.
Dizz,

Sorry, I would have answered your question earlier but was pulled out of the office.
Yes. The 1/4" spacer will fit under the V5 when installed in the G35C. E_K is running the combo in his car now.

Old 01-26-2005, 07:25 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by pdjafari
Ya, im curious about A/F as well. Also curious in the diff. in performance for a 1/4, 3/8 etc. what material is it made from, plastic?? how durable is that?? I mean it is almost $200 for the spacer...and if in fact crawford is coming out w/ a new plenum as neffster mentioned...which allows you to keep the core and is much cheaper...id ike to know how much cheaper...$200 just seems a lil high for a piece of plastic....i dont doubt the product...just a tiiiiny bit skeptical...im gonna have to wait on this one...until i get some more feedback.
pdjafari,

I'll get AF plotted. As far as differences are concerned, they are pretty close in HP. On my car, testing indicates the 1/2" produced ~3.5HP more than the 1/4".

And no, it is not made of plastic. It's all aluminum 6061 T-6.

From the number of questions I've been getting it emphasizes how important it is that I get a website with a FAQ section up and running. A website is comming soon.

I also recieved approval for sponsorship on G35Driver. I'll be able to set up a section giving a much better description of everything. This should help a lot.

Old 01-26-2005, 07:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
group buy!!! =)

Old 01-26-2005, 08:49 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Hydrazine
Could sombody please ask the Admin to contact me about becoming a G35driver sponsor? I sent several emails but havn't had any luck so far.

I wanna to sign up for sponsorship!

For more information on Motordyne Plenum Spacers give me a PM or email at MotordyneEngineering@dslextreme.com
Hydrazine, contact Kyle at: Kyle@G35Driver.com or pm him via his screen name: GodZilla. He handles all sponsorships.

Your plenum spacer looks very interesting.

Colin (GSM)

Old 01-26-2005, 09:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
where can we find info on this product, a link would be great!

Last edited by smokeator; 01-26-2005 at 09:22 PM.
Old 01-26-2005, 09:57 PM
what kind of a price are we looking at here?

Old 01-26-2005, 10:07 PM
ok, last 2 posters, im sure hydrazine is sick of writing this so here:

the website is not up yet.

and it will be about 195 estimated.

Old 01-26-2005, 11:11 PM
Originally Posted by nuttyprof
ok, last 2 posters, im sure hydrazine is sick of writing this so here:

the website is not up yet.

and it will be about 195 estimated.
...for the 1/4" spacer. The thicker ones are incrementally slightly higher in price--from the little I know. He'll have a site up soon.

Old 01-27-2005, 01:29 AM
yay. i was about to jump on the 350 crawford too. guess i can save some money. =)

Old 01-27-2005, 02:29 AM
I was gonna jump on the Crawford deal as well, but regarding the spacer, how does do the bolts work if the spacer puts the plenum at an angle?

Old 01-27-2005, 03:46 AM
Originally Posted by Hydrazine
Dizz,

Sorry, I would have answered your question earlier but was pulled out of the office.
Yes. The 1/4" spacer will fit under the V5 when installed in the G35C. E_K is running the combo in his car now.
Oh, no worries bro. The reason why I said nevermind was because I saw the other thread stating you using the cv5 along with the 1/4" spacer.
But this is cool, you're off to a great start with good customer service.

So when you sell your spacer, are you including hardware and gaskets?

Old 01-27-2005, 04:49 PM
This looks FANTASTIC!!!! Great job Hydrazine!

Now, all I have to do is determine which size to get.

I've read all of the posts including the Group Buy post and am trying to determine what each size delivers in both Hp & Tq.

1/4" & Stock Plenum--- Hp Increase ?? Torque Increase ??
3/8" & Stock Plenum--- Hp Increase ?? Torque Increase ??
1/2" & Stock Plenum--- Hp Increase ?? Torque Increase ??

What I'm trying to determine is below you state that the 1/2" gives about 3.5 hp increase over the 1/4".....so I would assume the 3/8" gives a hp increase in between these? What about the torque increases? I like the idea of the 3/8" allowing for clearance under the G35 cover leaving a stock look but giving hp & tq increases.

Also, how much hp does using the 1/4" spacer add to the CV-5 plenum? I am trying to decide if it makes more sense to buy the 1/4" AND the new Aluminum Crawford Plenum and get more hp & torque!

Thanks.....this looks great!

Old 01-27-2005, 07:08 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by E_K
The spacer I'm using now is aluminum. I'm using a gasket below and above it, so the seal is pretty good.

My A/F was about 14 at peak using this dyno. I don't think the A/F reading with this method directly corresponds to A/F with dynojet readings, so I can't make any further conclusions on this.

I don't have the data in front of me now, but I can plot the A/F tomorrow.
Was this reading from the tailpipe or pre-cats? If it's at the tailpipe, a 14 isn't a lean condition as the exhaust gases are leaned out as it goes through the exhaust system...a 14 at the tailpipe is closer to a 13.5 pre-cat, which is great for a N/A G. I wonder what this mod would do for us SC'ed guys? Too lean?

Old 01-27-2005, 08:01 PM
E_K
Location: Toh-rensa,Ahteesia,Ahcadia,Montree Pak, Longa Beacha
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Randys_G
Was this reading from the tailpipe or pre-cats? If it's at the tailpipe, a 14 isn't a lean condition as the exhaust gases are leaned out as it goes through the exhaust system...a 14 at the tailpipe is closer to a 13.5 pre-cat, which is great for a N/A G. I wonder what this mod would do for us SC'ed guys? Too lean?
It was at the tailpipe on the driver side.

Here's the air fuel ratios. The green line is the A/F from the dyno day in Sept, I was in 4th gear in that run, the rest are in third, if that makes any difference.

Here's the torque curves. Again, the dyno day run was in 4th, the rest are in 3rd.

Sorry that my series are not in order....

Old 01-27-2005, 08:09 PM
I am also curious about the Crawford/spacer combo. I'm still getting the new cast plenum, but adding a spacer could yield the most hp considering no creases or welds.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Motordyne Plenum Spacer Vs Crawford V5