Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

TechnoSquare ECU will be available for G35/G35C

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2003, 02:18 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: TechnoSquare ECU will be available for G35/G35C

Great stuff bro, thanks for the heads up.
Can you explain how this mod is applied to our cars. Is it a matter of us visiting a location with the CD Rom or do we buy the CD Rom from Strictly Z?
Any info would be appreciated. I'm also wondering what this will do for our gas mileage.
Thanks bro and G/L.

<font color=green>GSM</font color=green>

Old 05-14-2003, 02:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What would be a guesstimate for the HP and torque output for the G35C and the 350Z?

Old 05-14-2003, 02:42 PM
O.F. Administrator

Great writeup on the fuel and timing mapping at your site. That sounds complex to say the least.
Are you aiming at reprogramming all the VQ35 cars ie: Sedan, Coupe and the Z?
I'm also interested in how this will be done and if a separate ECU can be 'swapped' in and out for obvious reasons.
Any info would be appreciated. Thanks Cheston.

Old 05-14-2003, 02:49 PM

OH my bad, it was on the website.

Old 05-14-2003, 03:51 PM

awesome!! With the increased timing and leaner mixture, do CHT's remain close to normal or are you running hotl?? Also, a huge complaint by G35 drivers is fuel efficiency. Could you perhaps program the ECU to go lean of peak (20-40 degrees lean of peak per EGT) after a set time at a certain RPM? Lower cht's and egt's too not to mention better fuel efficiency. just a thought. keep us posted as I will buy one in a heartbeat!

Old 05-14-2003, 06:21 PM

can the sedan owners get in on this ecu chip as well ? both 5At and 6MT i assume.

Two .. if something does happen to the car, does this mean I can reprogram easily before the dealer checks it out ?

Old 05-14-2003, 07:51 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hopefully the auto tranny shift patterns can be changed too?[img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-14-2003, 09:49 PM
O.F. Administrator

Bump

Old 05-15-2003, 02:13 AM

Hey Cheston, hows it going. I want to get those front test pipes that replace the pre-cats. Well talk about this some other time ok.

chris

on order
03 6sp coupe
B/B
Prem,Navi & Aero
*coming soon*
19 TE37
Tien susp
TT kit

Old 05-15-2003, 12:41 PM
CHEBOSTO

I do find it hard to believe that the computer (according to the linked article) will alleviate the effectiveness of the mods. Is this guy selling swamps or is this for real. How long would it take for the on board computer to figure out that you had the mod and slow down the fuel flow. Wouldn't that happen day 1 after the mod was installed? And is the power I add with Injen fully reversed or partially reduced?

Old 05-15-2003, 02:28 PM
Re: CHEBOSTO

It is true. After about a month of having the intake, it seemed as if i lost the jazz of the intake. I unplugged the battery over night and the next day, my car felt so much different again. I even asked the dealer and it is true.

Old 05-15-2003, 03:46 PM
Re: CHEBOSTO

that sucks that our ECU chip retards its self like that. But i guess the mod is comming so thats good news.

Old 05-15-2003, 03:59 PM

Hey guys. wow! seems to me there's alot of interest!.. so here i go with the replies....

SixFive: I dont actually own any swamps personally but if you wish to own one, i'm sure i could find one for you... Being the first US-spec Z in the U.S.A to get this type of modification done, its takes a little more intelligence than a Swamp Realtor to figure a complex Fuel/Air and Ignition timing maps, and our cars happen to have TWO of each. (Pre-Variable Timing switch over and post).. the Stock ECU program Retards timing from signals from the o2 sensors.. with an injen intake or any intake for that matter, the car senses the increase in Air, and will add fuel with a decrease in ignition timing to try to get back to the stock air/fuel curve....

EnvyKillz: Sedan AND Coupe, Auto AND stick shift owners will benefit.. The coupe ECU is nearly identical to the 350z's ecu, with a slight difference here and there and we will have the Coupe's program out first and then work on the Sedan *sorry Sedan guys* but its just easier since most of the work is already done with the Z.

Scorch: We have advanced the timing close to 40 degrees, with a Air/Fuel ratio close to 12.5.... so yes. it will increase fuel efficiency in the long run once you start driving in those rpm bands where there is the most significant change from the stock program...

Gsedanman: Yes.. All the cars that have similar traights to my Z (which is the G35s and G35c)

FDnamebrands: preliminary dyno results on the BOSCH-type dyno, which includes a load on the wheels *unlike DynoJet-type dynos* have yeilded around 10+ rwhp peak hp gain, but an overall gain throughout the entire RPM band complimented with overal torque gains as well.. we will have DynoJet-type dyno charts very soon...

Merlin: as for the shift points.. that. might be something your tranny might have problems dealing with.. perhaps doing a Valvebody recalibration with stiffer springs, but i think the Tranny is controlled with its own Tranny ECU...

VQ35DETT: Chris, those test pipes are a prototype for now. but for sure we will have a set, along with ypipes soon. yay

For further information, please check my cardomain site, or shoot me an Email!

Thanks guys for your interest.. hopefully this will benefit all of us!

Psst! If anyone would like to help out... we have a very very good introductory offer for those first prototypers to help us out..

--Cheston
ChestonCChiu@hotmail.com

Old 05-15-2003, 04:16 PM
O.F. Administrator

Thanks for the info bro. Wish I could take you up on your offer. If I were a West coaster, I'd be there in a heartbeat.
Please keep us up on your progress......thanks.. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-15-2003, 04:22 PM

Cool, thanks for the replies dude[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TechnoSquare ECU will be available for G35/G35C