Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

What's the best Upgrades to do to the G35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 02:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is the best Mod for the G35. Just wait till you hit 88 Mph.

Old 06-01-2006, 03:34 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
The flux capacitor!!!

We should get a group buy started for those. Anyone else interested?

Old 06-01-2006, 04:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, and I want to buy the upgraded one that runs off of household garbage.

Old 06-02-2006, 07:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You talk about civics like they're actually fast... they're econobox FWD cars... not intended for HP or handling, just driving. You can spend $20k and make any car fast... IS250 is a luxury sedan... not going to keep up with a G in a straight line, or around the twisties...come to CA and drive through a few canyons, driving around in circles around a 1 mile track isn't a test of driving ability, driving a 15 mile canyon road pushing the car to 99%, squeeling around every turn... thats driving ability.

I had a 265 HP Mini Cooper, it had over $10k worth of engine, and suspension modifications... I was out handling M3's like crazy in the canyons, there's no way you're pushing a honda civic to 85-90 MPH around canyon roads... I don't care how much you spend on it. Atlanta isn't exactly known for it's winding country roads.

Originally Posted by ATL_Red_G35
I may sound harsh, and I appologize for that. I was just speaking from experience.

I like the G35C, it's nice and faster 50% of the cars out there, no doubt, but it doesn't handle that well. It's like controlling an elephant compared to my AutoX H22 Accord. It couldn't even compete with my IS250 stock to stock.

The car is fast. But what helps in reality is how to handle it. More than 50% of the time, he won't see the powerband above 4K unless he forces it to, which is kinda pointless to me.

Power isn't everything. I have a car, and been into cars, with less power and best the G at track many many time, (not 1/4 mile run).

He bought the car to enjoy it. Doing something where he can tell the difference and have fun driving it, is what I suggest. He can boost it and has 350+whp. And the car is still understeer, can't handle low speed turns. At the track, or even on the corners of the street, if he sees a cheapo Civic or S14, and tries to catch up to it but can't, since he won't be able to get the power up there, the boost won't kick in. He'll be locked at low speed corners, etc., while the Civic or S14 have the best suspension setup and can easily zip through the track like it's nothing.

I bet it's suck loosing like that huh? I know, I've been in the scene for too long. Been there, done that, got whooped, got embarassed, and learned my lesson hard.

Learning how to drive and control the vehicle is also the most important thing. You can have a beast but don't know how to control it. I've seen people, who drove my car, and handled it the way I thought it'd never be possible. I never thought my car would go that fast. The only way I thought that I can get that fast is with turbo and power. Guess what? I was wrong. I drove in a more power car with the best setupts (power, handling, etc.), and still loose to my stock car, driven by an experience driver.

Ask any guys who's been to the track with a private instructor and let the instructor drive their car. It's a world of difference. My point is, don't get running shoes before you can walk. I too, still have a lot to learn.

btw, FYI, I'm 100% Vietnamese. I may sound like a red neck, I may sound harsh, ut it's all for his goods.

He can rice out his car for all I care: blue lights, 10000000K HID kit, etc., stickers, etc. and still has his car handles poorly. The guy asked for suggestion. And I'm here giving mine, base on my experience.