Engine-Vendor Includes cams, clutches, flywheels and all other power related components.

*NEW* Turbonetics G35 Single Turbo Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 01:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would check out the post on my350z.com and 350zmotoring.com before you have the kit installed.

Old 12-20-2005, 01:59 AM
Deep Sea Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Right now there are no facts as to exactly why it blew up. The only thing he changed was his exhaust and that has caused a boost spike before. The boost controller would definitely help and the timer is only to allow for cooling after shutdown.

Anyone running FI should get a wideband and boost gauge at a minimum. I am new to FI but that was one of the first things I learned. You want to know what is going on in your engine at all times. I don't understand people spending $5k on a kit, $2K to install it, and won't spend another $1k for vital gauges.

Old 12-20-2005, 01:12 PM
Yes, you are 100% correct. Monitoring your vitals under boost is as important as a doctor monitoring your vitals during surgery... Especially when you start deviating from the original set up the tune was made for.

Jesse @ www.Turbo-Kits.com

Originally Posted by Meatshackle
Right now there are no facts as to exactly why it blew up. The only thing he changed was his exhaust and that has caused a boost spike before. The boost controller would definitely help and the timer is only to allow for cooling after shutdown.

Anyone running FI should get a wideband and boost gauge at a minimum. I am new to FI but that was one of the first things I learned. You want to know what is going on in your engine at all times. I don't understand people spending $5k on a kit, $2K to install it, and won't spend another $1k for vital gauges.

Old 12-20-2005, 02:37 PM
which company makes gauges that has amber lighting w/ red needles? i just want it to match my interior. any suggestions would help thanx.

Old 12-20-2005, 06:03 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Defi, Autometer...

Old 12-20-2005, 06:20 PM
+10000 to everything everyone is saying. Meatshackle has your car touched down in Hi yet...If so hows it running...

Old 12-20-2005, 06:30 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 2slo2bfurious
Defi, Autometer...
+1, the autometer nexus are sick

Old 12-20-2005, 06:36 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by VQ35DEJ
yes!!! hope i'm not the first one to blow my engine with a fujitsubo. miaplaya, do u recommend getting a boost controller for this kit? and a timer? i also read somewhere about getting a w/b meter? i'm a rookie in this FI subject so i'm trying to find out wat i'm getting into before i install my kit.
the best thing you can do is getting something like a GReddy e-manage ultimate or similar. that would have helped the guy over a my350z. a w/b gauge IMO is a must, so is a boost gauge. you should also get one step colder plugs and bigger injectors (440 or higher)

when the tn kit comes out for the '05, this will be my set up:
Turbonetics tuner Kit
GReddy e-Manage Ultimate & Wiring Harness
Autosport Wiring Harness
NGK 1 Step colder Plugs
440cc Injectors
AEM UEGO Wideband A/F
Autometer Nexus Boost/Vacuum Gauge
Autometer Nexus Fuel Pressure Gauge
Autometer Nexus Sensor Module & Remote

Old 12-21-2005, 04:49 AM
Deep Sea Moderator
No it's not here yet. It's only been a little over a week but it's taking forever! I got the part I need from Reggie so I'm good to go when it finally gets here.

Old 12-21-2005, 01:14 PM
would a safc-2 help a lil in tuning w/ the flash?

Old 12-22-2005, 10:13 AM
The SAFC would allow you to add fuel based on a % of what the flash says. You can adjust from -50% up tp +50%. This would help you fine tune your set up, however, not on the fly using the butt DYNO. Only with proper monitoring equipment and a professional tuner... This would also be perfect for people looking to squeeze out a bit more from adding an exhaust, plenum, etc... The only issue I see is that you would probably run out of injectors before you ran out of AFC adjustment.

The other option is the eManage Ultimate, about twice the price, but tons more control. Just don't leave the key on ACC without starting it.

Jesse @ www.Turbo-Kits.com

Originally Posted by beangrower
would a safc-2 help a lil in tuning w/ the flash?

Old 12-22-2005, 12:02 PM
since gauges were mentioned, i'll ask my question about them...

i'm ultimately planning on going with the Turbonetics kit. the three gauges i'm looking to install would be an AEM UEGO wideband, and a pair of Autometer Nexus gauges (boost & fuel pressure?). does this sound like a proper setup? some people get EGT, some dont... do you feel this is necessary as well? anything else i should be monitoring like coolant or oil temps, or oil pressure?

my 3 primary gauges (wideband, boost, and fuel) would be mounted in clear view of the driver's seat. any other gauges would be hidden either in the armrest or glove box and so only checked occasionally, which is why i was wondering if any others were necessary

Old 12-22-2005, 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by SI_G35Coupe
since gauges were mentioned, i'll ask my question about them...

i'm ultimately planning on going with the Turbonetics kit. the three gauges i'm looking to install would be an AEM UEGO wideband, and a pair of Autometer Nexus gauges (boost & fuel pressure?). does this sound like a proper setup? some people get EGT, some dont... do you feel this is necessary as well? anything else i should be monitoring like coolant or oil temps, or oil pressure?

my 3 primary gauges (wideband, boost, and fuel) would be mounted in clear view of the driver's seat. any other gauges would be hidden either in the armrest or glove box and so only checked occasionally, which is why i was wondering if any others were necessary
Those are perfectly fine. An EGT is almost a redundant gauge if you have a wideband.

Old 12-23-2005, 03:31 AM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I got nexus Boost, EGT, Oil Temp. I've got a wideband that works with Utec comming too. EGT vs Wideband, I don't think it's really redundant, perfect A/F's don't always tell you everything . Egt's can tell you if you are lean or rich too, and can tell you if you are pulling too much/little timing. I don't really think you'll need fuel pressure with this kit, only if you decide to go get a return system or something, and even then probably not, egt's can give you an indication of something wrong with fuel.

Old 12-23-2005, 04:35 AM
Deep Sea Moderator
I have the same gauges (wideband, boost, fuel pressure). Not same brand, but same type. The fuel pressure won't change because of how the kit is set up. You can't change the pressure. If you ever see a big drop you have a big problem. The wideband is the most important when you're under boost. When you're cruising it's annoying because it's constantly changing and bouncing around.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: *NEW* Turbonetics G35 Single Turbo Kit