Engine-Vendor Includes cams, clutches, flywheels and all other power related components.

*NEW* Turbonetics G35 Single Turbo Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 10:29 PM
Polyester Pileup FTW!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok so believe the hype for the 05 as long as you get a piggy back of some sort and dont mind minor piping tweaks. Can you illustrate for us 05'ers what these "minor tweaks" are?

Old 10-11-2005, 11:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did I see on your site that the turbonetics kit is the first and only single turbo kit on the market?

Old 10-12-2005, 05:57 AM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
..it says that on every site, I think back then it might have been?

Old 10-12-2005, 09:30 AM
Yes, it was the only one, when they first released it... That was info taken from their literature. That is why you see it on multiple sites.

Jesse @ Turbo Kits.com

Originally Posted by 2slo2bfurious
..it says that on every site, I think back then it might have been?

Old 10-12-2005, 09:31 AM
Will TN offer a credit for those that don't want the TS ECU reflash? This might get more 2005 owners to buy the Emanage Ultimate and the TN ST...

No reason to pay for a reflash that you don't need... so what's the odds of a "tuner kit" being available?

Old 10-12-2005, 10:46 AM
Yes, I have to agree with Neff, would this be possible? If so I might get the kit now and use the Greddy eManage system to tune the system

Thanks.

Old 10-12-2005, 11:16 AM
They do have a tuner kit for the 350Z. However, it only saves you $300 and you don't get the flash or the injectors... Unfortunately since the flash really doesn't cost them anything but some time. They don't discount the kit without it...

However, I will be giving a great discount on the eManage for anyone who is going to go that direction.

Jesse @ Turbo Kits.com

Originally Posted by neffster
Will TN offer a credit for those that don't want the TS ECU reflash? This might get more 2005 owners to buy the Emanage Ultimate and the TN ST...

No reason to pay for a reflash that you don't need... so what's the odds of a "tuner kit" being available?

Old 10-12-2005, 02:26 PM
Heres some pics for everyone...

Old 10-12-2005, 02:35 PM
Polyester Pileup FTW!
Miaplaya thanks for the pics! I have been following your threads on my 350Z.com as well. Can you please explain the piping tweaks that turbokitscom mentioned. Also what are you using for engine management?

Old 10-12-2005, 02:41 PM
Originally Posted by PhxBlue
Miaplaya thanks for the pics! I have been following your threads on my 350Z.com as well. Can you please explain the piping tweaks that turbokitscom mentioned. Also what are you using for engine management?
The piping tweaks are basically two things. One the intercooler inlet piping is a little different based on the difference in the G and Z front ends. Two the turbo inlet pipe as pictured above has a different angle since there is no cut out on the front shroud like the Z. So for the G you kit the intake in the fender. Other then that the kit is the same. The G kit does get the pictured intercooler pusher fans so you can keep the stock bumper. These fans actually cool better then the Z intercooler because the fans stay on even when the car is not moving so you reduce heat soak GREATLY. Engine Management is still the flash. So far the 05 flash is not done but 03-04 is. In the mean time if you absolutely want this kit now you could purchase any 05 compatible piggy back (emanage, SS box, etc) and use that. Sharif from Forged Internals actually just tuned a Z car at 9 PSI with an Emanage and made 401 RWHP and 418 ft/lb of Tq which is VERY good. I actually have an 04 Z and am running on the flash myself with no issues.

Old 10-12-2005, 02:47 PM
Polyester Pileup FTW!
Awesome thanks. I really want to get in on one of the intro prices that some of these companies are doing so I am a bit in a hurry to get one ordered. I was planning on using the Emanage anyways for the fine tuneability. Would you recommend the regular E or the E ultimate?

Old 10-12-2005, 02:53 PM
Awesome thanks. I really want to get in on one of the intro prices that some of these companies are doing so I am a bit in a hurry to get one ordered. I was planning on using the Emanage anyways for the fine tuneability. Would you recommend the regular E or the E ultimate?
Honestly for a difference of $200-300 I would go with the Emanage Ultimate. it has a LOT more features and is much more capable then the Emanage blue. I think Sharif sells the Emanage Ultimate and harness for like $650. To clairfy some points that were made in this thread. No fitment has been checked on a Sedan yet but that is going to be looked at. I have been talking to someone with a sedan that will be providing feedback when they get the kit. Yes the intercooler can be turned around if you have an aftermarket bumper. You simply remove the fans and flip the intercooler around to hide the brackets. Done deal. The most HP to push...well thats kind of subjective. Typically it is the tune not the boost that has killed this motor. The turbo included can flow enough air for 570 HP at 18-20 PSI. I wouldn't do that on a stock motor though. But if you went with an Emanage or Emanage ultimate and had the car tuned sure turning up the boost is an option. As stated Sharif installed a Emanage Ultimate and boost controller on a Z with some 440 cc injectors. With tuning power was 401 RWHP and 418 ft/lb Tq at 9 PSI. Stock motor. So yes there is TONS if potential there. For the 05s as long as you pick up a piggy back that will run your motor this kit can be yours.

Old 10-12-2005, 03:20 PM
Polyester Pileup FTW!
Thanks you truely are a wealth of info. I have heard that the 05 has stronger rods and head bolts and if thats true I am confident in running 400whp/trq. I dont really want to go higher than that right at this point. I would like to strengthen the internals some day but as far now I would be happy with this kit in its stock for form.

Old 10-12-2005, 03:23 PM
Thanks you truely are a wealth of info. I have heard that the 05 has stronger rods and head bolts and if thats true I am confident in running 400whp/trq. I dont really want to go higher than that right at this point. I would like to strengthen the internals some day but as far now I would be happy with this kit in its stock for form.
The info I have is that yes the Revup motor has stronger rod bolts due to the higher rev limit and tuning of the motor...So far 400 has been solid so as long as you tune well and I mean taking it to a reputable shop that can do the job you should be fine. If you are near NC at all or if it is feasible for you talk to Sharif at www.forgedinternals.com he has been AMAZING when it comes to tuning the Emanage system.

Old 10-12-2005, 03:25 PM
I just want to make sure also, 370-400WHP, is this safe on stock internals, I don't want to blow the motor or lose compression or any of the other issues earlier people had with kits.

Thanks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: *NEW* Turbonetics G35 Single Turbo Kit