Engine-Vendor Includes cams, clutches, flywheels and all other power related components.

*NEW* Turbonetics G35 Single Turbo Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 03:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by coupin827
I just want to make sure also, 370-400WHP, is this safe on stock internals, I don't want to blow the motor or lose compression or any of the other issues earlier people had with kits.

Thanks.
From what others have done it appears so. There are several cars at 370-400 with this and other kits. Speed Dreams has AT LEAST 2 G35s at 400 RWHP with this kit so far...

Old 10-12-2005, 03:30 PM
Polyester Pileup FTW!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am local to a company called Dyno-Comp, they specialize in this exact type of work, I plan on going to them for tune, also they use a dyno dynamics machine which is a plus to me.

Old 10-12-2005, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by PhxBlue
I am local to a company called Dyno-Comp, they specialize in this exact type of work, I plan on going to them for tune, also they use a dyno dynamics machine which is a plus to me.
Absolutely...the Dyno Dynamics and Dynapack are possibly the two best tuning dynos out there...I have heard nothing but good things about them as well...

Old 10-12-2005, 05:44 PM
We use the dynopack's all th etime and have one in the shop - For tuning it is absolutely the best.

Old 10-13-2005, 10:47 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Anyone who lives in an area with required emissions testing that installs a system with no converter is buying a future headache so the converter option is of great interest. How/where the converter would be installed and pictures would be a big help.

Old 10-13-2005, 11:05 AM
Polyester Pileup FTW!
Ok so whats the definitive final answer on this: Will this kit fit or not fit with the Pro-1 headers which are already on my car??

Old 10-13-2005, 12:57 PM
Right off the bat I'm going to tell you that one guy with a Z and DC Sports headers on his car installed this kit and had fitment issues and later removed the headers. I believe the DCs are the same as the Pro-1s. Honestly...get rid of them. Theyt are weaker metal then the stock ones and may not hold up to heat as well. Plus the exhaust flow dynamics are changed and may hurt spool up time. The cat option places a cat on the turbo downpipe right where the exhaust begins. Check out pics of the install instructions here http://members.***.net/turbonetics35...icsinstman.pdf

Old 10-13-2005, 01:00 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
Right off the bat I'm going to tell you that one guy with a Z and DC Sports headers on his car installed this kit and had fitment issues and later removed the headers. I believe the DCs are the same as the Pro-1s. Honestly...get rid of them. Theyt are weaker metal then the stock ones and may not hold up to heat as well. Plus the exhaust flow dynamics are changed and may hurt spool up time. The cat option places a cat on the turbo downpipe right where the exhaust begins. Check out pics of the install instructions here http://members.***.net/turbonetics35...icsinstman.pdf
but crawford headers are suppose to be compatible w/ the t-netics kit right?

Old 10-13-2005, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by escobar929
but crawford headers are suppose to be compatible w/ the t-netics kit right?
So far only person has tried on my350 but he reports it works well and his spool up is dead on. I won't tell you 100% they do because quite frankly I haven't seen it myself. I won't give you guys data unless I can verify it or I know its true for a fact. But according to that guy yes it works just fine and performs well with the turbo...

Old 10-13-2005, 01:21 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
So far only person has tried on my350 but he reports it works well and his spool up is dead on. I won't tell you 100% they do because quite frankly I haven't seen it myself. I won't give you guys data unless I can verify it or I know its true for a fact. But according to that guy yes it works just fine and performs well with the turbo...
sounds good, thanks for all ur help

Old 10-13-2005, 01:25 PM
No worries...glad to help...

Old 10-13-2005, 03:03 PM
Polyester Pileup FTW!
Awww you got lucky! See what happens when you pay for the good stuff.

Old 10-13-2005, 07:38 PM
FYI: We still have some spots left on our wholesale deal.

If you are not ready to buy, let me know your feedback, what you guys are feeling, your likes, dislikes, etc...

Jesse @ Turbo Kits.com

Old 10-16-2005, 10:44 AM
Old 10-17-2005, 08:43 AM
Jose, from all that I've read you're gonna want to sell your Crawford Headers and put the stock manifolds (they really shouldn't be called headers) back on.

I don't want to go into a long narrative but basically the shorter headers are better for turbo applications (heat, air flow, etc). Plus you can remove the Crawfords for cheap while doing the ST install and you can sell them as slightly used for good money. Your final hp/tq should be better if you ditch the longer headers from what I've read and you'll have more money in your pocket.

Headers are good for S/C's due to the low end torque being MIA. The ST's and TT's hit full boost at ~3500-4000 rpms so the headers aren't needed. Remember when you bought the Crawfords you were planning on going with a S/C.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: *NEW* Turbonetics G35 Single Turbo Kit