Exterior-Vendor Includes spoilers, body kits, tail lights, gauges, shift knobs, and other styling components

Aluminum Under Tray (Splash Shield) for G35/350Z/G35X/G37/G37X

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 11:37 PM
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
How do these fit with the Kuruma Z bumper on a 2006 G35 Coupe? I'm concerned because I know this sits lower than the stock bumper. How much shipped to 19146? for both brushed and powdercoated

Old 07-12-2012, 01:24 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 71 Likes on 60 Posts
$165 shipped for brushed
$180 shipped for powdercoated

add $5 if you need extruded u-nuts (bumper metal clips) for attaching to a new bumper

It really depends on the manufacturer as there are several that make them now. If the stock one fits this will. Some of the aftermarket bumpers are LONGER than the factory bumper as well. In these cases there is needed a special front piece that extends further than the stock size. Some times the angles/amount of drop differ as well.

Old 07-14-2012, 11:17 PM
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Ok so my stock undertray was hanging and I resecured it for now but I want to replace it. Here are some photos.

The KZ bumper hangs significantly lower thats why the tray has to be pulled down at an angle towards the bumper so the holes on the tray didn't quite reach the bumper. I had to cut new holes in the tray to mount it to the bumper. At the same time, the tray pulls on the bumper causing it to look a bit wavy.

I am assuming I am going to need the extended tray. But will your tray account for the amount of drop? If it doesn't angle downwards towards the bumper, since its just aluminum, is it pliable enough that I can bend it to where I need it?

I have an authentic Kuruma Z front bumper 06 coupe. However, with all the reviews as of late, I did order it from Strafe so I don't know how "authentic" it is. I'm pretty anxious to replace this tray so thanks for answering all my questions.

Old 07-16-2012, 11:20 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
If you can measure the amount of drop the radiator support to where it meets the bumper I can ensure that the custom front piece will fit. If you can - measure both the drop amount and the distance to the bumper. It looks like the distance is similar but the drop looks much different.

Old 07-16-2012, 06:29 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi! I am really interested in getting one of your shrouds, please...however, I think I have the opposite problem of what some people have posted. I have an AIT fiberglass aftermarket bumper on my 2004 G35 coupe, and it is too SHORT for the stock plastic undertray, as in the underside of the bumper does not extend far enough back to meet the front of the plastic tray, so the tray can't be properly secured with bolts. So, I am currently using long cable ties (sucky) through the bolt holes of the undertray to hold the undertray to small slits that have been drilled into the bottom of the bumper to accommodate the cable ties. Last night, however, it all fell apart (again), dragging on the highway as everyone has described, and needless to say, I am super sick of continuing to deal with this, and of course it's always been a pain to cut and redo cable ties any time I want to remove the undertray even when it doesn't fall off on its own.

So, do you know please if your custom add-on pieces will work with an aftermarket bumper that is *shorter* than stock on the underside, or will you be able to fabricate some type of extender? Please let me know! Thank you so much. Your shrouds are beautiful, and I would really love to be able to order one!

Old 07-17-2012, 04:28 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Your problem is exactly the same as others. If you are like most then you are about 3-4" difference from stock to aftermarket

Old 07-17-2012, 01:41 PM
Hi Tolboothwilley, thanks for the prompt response! Okay, I was just confused because earlier I think you said that some aftermarket bumpers are longer, but I guess we had meant the same thing.

Anyway, yes, the gap on my setup is less than 3-4". It's probably less than an inch, actually, as with the cable ties holding it up, the leading edge of the plastic tray sits just about flush with the back edge of the bumper with no gap at all, but if your piece allows for 3-4", I think there is room on the bottom of the bumper to drill new holes that far in.

Also, would you say that the powdercoated version is any more durable (resistant to rock chips, scratches, etc) than the brushed (or vice versa)? And how much does the shroud weigh, please?

Other than that, please let me know how I place an order. Thank you!!

Old 07-18-2012, 07:03 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Powdercoated offers a little extra durability and the price for powdercoating is unbeatable. As for the extended front piece - I don't have any in stock as of right now so if you are going to buy one I will get one going.

The total weight is like 5# or so. Its only slightly heavier than the stock plastic piece. Powdercoating adds a little extra weight as well, but its nominal. The reason for aluminum is lightweight as well as it doesn't rust.

Old 07-18-2012, 08:28 PM
Ah, ok. Great, thanks for the additional info! Is there an added cost for the extended front piece, please? And about how long will it take to fabricate? I'm leaning towards the powdercoated version, but depending on how much the total cost is, I might go with the brushed. Also, if you wouldn't mind quoting me a price on JUST the extended piece, I would appreciate that, as well!! Thanks again in advance.

Last edited by Cataclysmic; 07-18-2012 at 08:53 PM.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:48 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
gonna send you a PM

Old 07-19-2012, 05:33 PM
Just replied to your PM! Hope you see it in time......thank you SO much

Old 07-19-2012, 08:13 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
All PMs replied - shipping out a bunch of brushed versions tomorrow morning

Old 07-23-2012, 05:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shipping to 96854 please

Old 07-23-2012, 06:11 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
pm sent

Old 07-23-2012, 06:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Would it still 180$ shipped to Hawaii and what carrier do you use?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aluminum Under Tray (Splash Shield) for G35/350Z/G35X/G37/G37X