Renting Track for a day..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 09:52 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by beddow
.He drives like a sissy though so he won't even come close to the limit of adhesion on his tires .

see... this is why i will drive fast there...

Old 05-25-2006, 09:54 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by _jb
Thanks for the tips. I have a G, not a Z. It seems like the gas pedal is too short for me to tap with my heel, and I have big feet.

I usually drive with leather soled shoes, so that's certainly not optimum. I kind of brake, rev-match, then slide my foot back over to the brake. I'm an old drag racer that doesn't adapt to road racing well, but I enjoy it. I've always thought about taking a driving course, but haven't done it.
with these cars all you have to do is move your right foot a little off the side of the brake and kick your heel towards the center console just an inch or two. you can actually just do it with wide shoes on and your foot straight up....

the pedals are very very close. maybe its different in a G though

Old 05-26-2006, 10:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
7 More Days.

90/60 60% chance of Scattered Showers.

This is your last weekend to get your car ready!

Old 05-26-2006, 10:23 AM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
man i got a lot to do.

where can i buy a helmet at and how mcuh are they

Old 05-26-2006, 10:47 AM
Originally Posted by SFLG35
man i got a lot to do.

http://www.racerwholesale.com/index....70bfd662532904

g-force hybrid sa2000 will work.

also, irishmikes.com advertises in my scca magazines. he's an orlando track prep/alignment guy but I've never used him or heard of experiences with his shop.

Old 05-26-2006, 11:09 AM
Originally Posted by audiblemayhem
yeah bro.... you just dont know my sense of humor. sorry for scaring you but thats half the fun of it

hehehe

i want to test my car out. i know i am a good driver. i am not going to be dangerous or stupid but i will push my car to whatever percent i can make it up to. you can ask eric (beddow) he knows me. 85% of the time i am kidding. and 12% of the time i am not....
and 3% of the time you're studying math. j/k. guys I have a small canopy/tent I'll bring or send with my brother/jon. only have a couple chairs so bring your own.

Old 05-26-2006, 11:12 AM
man i got a lot to do.

You can buy a helmet on line, or go to your local motorcycle shop and actually put them on before you buy them. You really want to wear it before you buy it.

Old 05-26-2006, 11:39 AM
Originally Posted by MoodDude
You can buy a helmet on line, or go to your local motorcycle shop and actually put them on before you buy them. You really want to wear it before you buy it.
be careful not to buy a motorcycle helmet though as they do not have the required fire safety.

Old 05-26-2006, 03:09 PM
Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
Well, I put on my stock 18s Wednesday night...the only problem is the stock from camber was so bad that there is barely any tread left on the inside front tires. Looks like I will need new tires for the track day

Old 05-26-2006, 03:31 PM
I will sell anyone my stock wheels w/ track tires on them for $800. It may seem like alot, but these wheels are the stock 18" and look like new. And the tires only have 3000 miles on them and are the Falken 615's. If you want an extra set of track tires and wheels, look at these. I liked my Cups last week so well, that I can use them AutoXing too. So I don't need these other wheels and tires anymore. And I can now bring them to the track since I won't be bringing any race fuel with me. That means you can see them before you buy them and won't have to pay for shipping.
$800 is a firm price, so take it or leave it.
Also, these are NOT street tires, these are track tires. They have been chemically altered to punch the same numbers as my cups. They will stick to the track, but expect (just like R-Compound) to have rubber flying off them. Hell, you will see rubber flying off your street tires if you use them that day - pretty cool! Expect to have rubber stuck to everything on you car! (And I am not kidding.)

Old 05-26-2006, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by MoodDude
I will sell anyone my stock wheels w/ track tires on them for $800. It may seem like alot, but these wheels are the stock 18" and look like new. And the tires only have 3000 miles on them and are the Falken 615's. If you want an extra set of track tires and wheels, look at these. I liked my Cups last week so well, that I can use them AutoXing too. So I don't need these other wheels and tires anymore. And I can now bring them to the track since I won't be bringing any race fuel with me. That means you can see them before you buy them and won't have to pay for shipping.
$800 is a firm price, so take it or leave it.
Also, these are NOT street tires, these are track tires. They have been chemically altered to punch the same numbers as my cups. They will stick to the track, but expect (just like R-Compound) to have rubber flying off them. Hell, you will see rubber flying off your street tires if you use them that day - pretty cool! Expect to have rubber stuck to everything on you car! (And I am not kidding.)

Pm me your phone number plz

Old 05-26-2006, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by audiblemayhem
i want to test my car out. i know i am a good driver. i am not going to be dangerous or stupid but i will push my car to whatever percent i can make it up to.
You won't be testing your car out... you'll be testing your skills out. I'm sure that that car is still faster than you are, you just have to learn to drive it. My RX-8 is still much faster than I am. My driving instructor who has much more experience than me always drives a few seconds around the track faster than me. I'm not trying to be a *****, so please don't take it like that...

Last edited by TrackHoRX8; 05-26-2006 at 11:36 PM.
Old 05-26-2006, 06:34 PM
man i got a lot to do.

You can go to Walmart and get suitable helmet. If you're not going to do this every weekend, get a relatively cheap one that meets the specifications and is comfortable. There is a helmet test online as well too, and those do pretty well.

Old 05-26-2006, 08:13 PM
Ok guys, I tried for over an hour to practice my heal-toe. I can't make it work with these pedals. So I started a search on a Z forum and it seems that many others have the same problem - along with G's. They have all installed these and have give rave reviews, so I order some for myself. The price is a bit much, but if you think about saving your transmission and clutch it will be worth ever penny. Here is the link:
http://www.autovation.net/

Old 05-26-2006, 08:41 PM
I seem to be pretty flexible in the ankles because I do not have any issues with heel toe in the 350z just need more practice with rev matching.I use the side of my foot to push the gas not my heel.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Renting Track for a day..