Renting Track for a day..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 04:50 PM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
i can garantee that its faster then mine with nitrous.

i was just wondering why you were taking it out.

sounds like a good reason to take it out. i will prolly do the same, because i def dont need any disasters happening to my car.

im just out to have a good time

Old 05-01-2006, 05:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you don't leave the day with race tires looking like this, you haven't pushed it far enough. And yes, you will be called a *****.

This happened at TGPR. That's what happens when you go into turn 1 at full throttle and threshold brake into turn 2. I was giggling like a little school girl the whole time too! That was a hell of a day!

Attached Thumbnails Renting Track for a day..-pdr_0003-large-.jpg   Renting Track for a day..-pdr_0004-large-.jpg   Renting Track for a day..-pdr_0007-large-.jpg  
Old 05-01-2006, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by SFLG35
i can garantee that its faster then mine with nitrous.

i was just wondering why you were taking it out.

sounds like a good reason to take it out. i will prolly do the same, because i def dont need any disasters happening to my car.

im just out to have a good time
That's a good idea. If the NOS kicks in in the middle of a turn as you try to track out, you can lose control of the car pretty easy. They don't allow it in beginning HPDE's. If you haven't been on a track before, you shouldn't start with it in there. I promise, you'll have a great time anyway.

Old 05-01-2006, 06:44 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice pics man, i am thinking about getting some of those have used hoosiers for my stock wheels now. i got my nismos but i think they need BFGs on them for the street. i hate not having any traction on the street. i pretty much only drive fast in a straight line on the street, its not like a road course if you slide off a corner.

Old 05-01-2006, 07:08 PM
Originally Posted by audiblemayhem
cool man, yeah eric and i are definently going up there friday night. we were going to see who else wanted to go.

actually 2900 was with my stock seats, nitrous bottle filled, stock touring rims, 59 ea with tires.

as soon as i get lighter seats, and my nismo lmgt4s on i will knock even more weight off. my race weight NA was 2820 and i ran that 12.9 with 255 whp, it has sooooo much potential, it is still stock

and yes the nitrous bottle will be out
2900, you had to take some stuff out since the car runs 3400# stock. My goal is to get to under 2900# in the future, so would love to know what I need to do. Maybe I should try draining the window washing fluid? Or maybe taking the AC out of the car (living in southern GA would be a nightmare then!). Or maybe taking the passenger seat out of the car, or maybe all the stupid plastic and carpet in the car (inside look of the car would look good to a racers eye, but bad to everyone else).
Lighter seats are a mod I was thinking of doing next year (I have overspent my limit for this year!)
12.9 is an impressive time! Was that on slicks?
And good idea taking the bomb out of the car for a road coarse!!!! Plus, it will be hard to control the power when you are in and exiting a turn.

Old 05-01-2006, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by TrackHoRX8
If you don't leave the day with race tires looking like this, you haven't pushed it far enough. And yes, you will be called a *****.

This happened at TGPR. That's what happens when you go into turn 1 at full throttle and threshold brake into turn 2. I was giggling like a little school girl the whole time too! That was a hell of a day!
Now I know why you needed new tires. Check your PM on MY350Z. Looks like Friday for Jeff to corner weight my car - you still in? You going to the AutoX this weekend?

Old 05-01-2006, 07:37 PM
Ok everyone I got a call From Don the general manager at Gainesville Raceway today.We were discussing the track design we were allowed to use.He approved #2 of the original track designs,so we will be running on the design everyone seems to prefer.

Now another part of our discussion I do not agree with was when he started changing the off track rules.Here are the rules I signed to in the lease and posted for everybody and what they stated would get you kicked off the track for the rest of the day.

Now what he told me today was if someone goes off track with 1 or more tires 3 times a day will be kicked off.When I questioned him on the rules I already read and signed then posted for everyone not being the same he is telling me now.He stated he has had people out there tearing the track up by dropping a inside wheel off to cut the corner and he's not having that anymore.Saying that it has been costing him too much to fix the track.Well I had every intension of running tight in the corner and dropping off the inside unloaded tire in the grass at certain turns once in awhile.So we are going to have to basicly treat this event very cautious.I do not see any fastest lap comp. happening at there guy's this kinda stuff just has me a little upset.Dropping 1 damn tire off whether it be an inside front or outside rear on exit is not anything other than running hard through the corner to find your limit for that particular corner.I'm done ranting I know it's still going to be fun as hell out there guy's. I myself just do not like things changing on the fly and after they have me signing something that is different than what they are telling me now.
Eric

Old 05-01-2006, 07:54 PM
Love the track layout now! Those straight aways are going to be wicked fast although - they are 1/4 mile long right?
Yea - the guy who owns Talladega made the same rule change on us, yet it was 2 times a day instead. He said the same thing about having to fix the inside corners. Isn't that why we pay him! Oh well, it could be worse - like Barber where they charge you for any damage instead.

Old 05-01-2006, 08:24 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
i pretty much took out a lot of useless stuff, no windshield washer equip, no power steering at all, no interior pieces behind the front seats back, no sub, no weight in the trunk lid, just stuff like that. i thought it would weigh around 3000 and when i weighed it, was a lot lighter, that was also with the heavy *** stock muffler too, i am thinking i will have it down to right below 2700 pre cage and then back to right below 2800 with a cage.

Old 05-01-2006, 08:37 PM
That sux on the one tire rule change. With those tight turns it's bound to happen a few times over the course of a day. So, is that why you are saying the time trials aren't going to happen...because of the one tire rule? That would be a bummer because having a time stat to judge by would be good. Since we can't race each other the next best thing is racing the clock.

Good advice on the track tire! It would have been an unpleasant surprise to go there with brand new $900 tires and leave on nubs. I'm going to look around for some inexpensive track tires.

Besides tires and leaving all loose objects at home is there any other usefull bits of advice from you vet's out there? I am assuming fresh oil is good.

Jon

Old 05-01-2006, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by MoodDude
Now I know why you needed new tires.

This is the turn that did it.

Attached Thumbnails Renting Track for a day..-dsc_9271.jpg  
Old 05-01-2006, 08:49 PM
Here's the layout I did with turns layed out and proposed passing zones. May be a moot point now.

Remember everyone, bring wheel chocks or keep your car in gear with the engine off between sessions. You don't want to use the hand brake on hot brake disks. Those of you with turbo timers, you'll need wheel chocks.

Attached Thumbnails Renting Track for a day..-grc.jpg  
Old 05-01-2006, 08:49 PM
Question on the helmet.

I have a good motorcross helmet that says "Snell approved DOT" on the back. I'm assuming that this is ok. Do you think I'll get any slack for this?

Old 05-01-2006, 09:00 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
nope thats good. i think its supposed to be snell 95 and newer, mine says snell 2001 i think

Old 05-01-2006, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by jadaway2
Besides tires and leaving all loose objects at home is there any other usefull bits of advice from you vet's out there? I am assuming fresh oil is good.

Jon
Alright, here's a quick rundown of what I do pre-event, and what I take to the event. I'm sure I've left some out. I'll add them as they come to me.

Before the Event:
Change to track pads
Bleed Brakes
Change Oil
Check all fluids
Remove loose items (including floor mats)
Clean the car inside and out (we're hanging out with a bunch of car guys, so you want to look your best)
Remove rear seats (I can fit all 4 race tires in the back seats, taking the seats out is cleaner)
Make sure track tires are in good shape

Things I take to the track:
Helmet
Neck/Helmet Support
Racing Shoes
Gloves
Chair
Plastic cover in case it rains
Car Magnetic Numbers (we don't need these here)
Paper Towels (you always need these for something
Extra quart of oil
Extra brake fluid
Extra clutch fluid
Painter's Tape for headlights
Jack
Jack stands
Cordless drill with 1/2 inch socket adapter (extra battery)
Full Air Tank for pressure adjustments
Camera
Video with in-car mount
Sunscreen
Window cleaner
Towel

Tool Box to include:
Misc Tools - you never know what you may need
Torque Wrench
Extra wheel studs (I've broken one at the track before and learned the hard way)
Trash bags

Cooler with plenty of water, drinks, and snacks (NO ALCOHOL)

We don't all have to take everything here. We don't need 20 Jacks, air tanks, and Torque wrenches. I'll be bringing them though.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Renting Track for a day..