Renting Track for a day..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 10:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by SFLG35
i should prollybe int he beginners level to start cause i have never run at a track before.

Same here because I dont want to make Jeremy look slow in the higher levels.....

Old 05-05-2006, 08:00 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cj350
Same here because I dont want to make Jeremy look slow in the higher levels.....

actually at the track, your car will be faster than mine in a straight line. i will give you that. but again, down the quarter mile.... different story

my car is only fast when i want it to be, yours is fast all the time.

Old 05-05-2006, 10:30 AM
Originally Posted by audiblemayhem
actually at the track, your car will be faster than mine in a straight line. i will give you that. but again, down the quarter mile.... different story

my car is only fast when i want it to be, yours is fast all the time.
Are we doing burnouts in the Hilton parking lot after a few beers????

Old 05-05-2006, 10:42 AM
LOL, I will watch as my tires are for grip not slip.

Old 05-05-2006, 01:17 PM
Um beer, waking up early ,and driving all day long in the sun. I think I will skip the beer.

Old 05-05-2006, 02:38 PM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
anyone want my spot at bradenton on sunday??
i cant go anymore insert sad face
track opens at noon drags start at 1 and goes till 6
theres only 105 cars allowed so you should get like 10 runs in

Old 05-05-2006, 03:23 PM
Once you start getting the thrill of a turn and not sure if you are going to make it around - I think you will loose a lot of interest in Drag - I have.

Old 05-05-2006, 03:28 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
yeah but drag racing costs 15 dollars and you can go every wed and friday with no preparation

Old 05-05-2006, 03:35 PM
True - Yet, don't think I will want to drag right after this event!

Old 05-05-2006, 11:37 PM
Here is the list of levels each will be running in per your request
Please post up or PM me what level you would like to be in

This list is just a baseline we will modify your level after the first session if necessary.

Level 1= Novice non aggressive 5-6/10
Never driven at speed on a track with other cars,do not want to push their cars hard, concerned with tire chunking, brakes fading, etc. in this case we will have a experienced driver quickly run through a few important things you'll want to know before your out there.

1.Stuart(UFGatorG35) G35 2.Dan(SFLG35) G35 3.CJ(cj350) 350z 4.Jon (jadaway2) G35 5.Mark(mdemonte) Maxima

Level 2= Novice slightly aggressive 6-7/10
Have driven on a track at speed before with other cars,have some basic knowledge of how to properly enter and exit a corner,still not wanting to push hard due to being on street tires, stock brakes/fluid, etc.

1.Jesse(Gatekeeper) SRT4

Level 3= Intermediate aggressive 7-8/10
Have driven on a track at speed before with other cars often,do autocross events,car has been setup for track days, HP brakes/high temp fluid,etc.still using street tires but do not care about chunking them,looking to push their personal limits.

Level 4= Intermediate aggressive 7-8/10
This is basiclly the same as Level 3 but are using a DOT dedicated track tire.examples Kumho v700,Toyo RA-1,Falken RT615,driver has a good amount of experience and wants to push the car hard through the turns.

1.Michael Moody(MoodDude) 350Z 2.Eric(beddow) 350Z 3.Jeremy Tibbs (audible mayhem) 350z

Level 5= Advanced aggressive 8-10/10
Lots of on track experience at speed with other cars/ lots of autocross experience,using dedicated track tires,car has been properly setup for driving at or near the limit.

Last edited by beddow; 05-08-2006 at 08:06 AM.
Old 05-05-2006, 11:48 PM
Jesse if there is a way you can shot the event then sale the cd's of photo's that would work out better.They do not want anyone making $ without their permission.But if you do your thing and I do not see or here about it is it really happening?:zzzz:

Originally Posted by gatekeeper
Just letting everyone know that I plan on photographing the event. I'll have my laptop and some CD's with me to support instant gratification. My standard fee is $5/image, or $50 for your car's full session (in case you want a large quantity of photos).

I used to be a professional photographer; and currently shoot with a Canon EOS 350D D-SLR and USM / IS lenses. Probably 75-300mm for this event.

Here's a nice sample I chose from my last trip to Tail of the Dragon

I will be available for special setups, on request. This is subject to change, should Eric decide not to let me shoot his track day.

Can't wait!

Old 05-06-2006, 07:48 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Level 1= Novice non aggressive 5-6/10
Never driven at speed on a track with other cars,do not want to push their cars hard, concerned with tire chunking, brakes fading, etc. in this case we will have a experienced driver quickly run through a few important things you'll want to know before your out there.

1.Stuart(UFGatorG35) G35 2.Dan(SFLG35) G35 3.CJ(cj350) 350z 4.Jon (jadaway2) G35

Level 2= Novice slightly aggressive 6-7/10
Have driven on a track at speed before with other cars,have some basic knowledge of how to properly enter and exit a corner,still not wanting to push hard due to being on street tires, stock brakes/fluid, etc.

1.Jesse(Gatekeeper) SRT4

Level 3= Intermediate aggressive 7-8/10
Have driven on a track at speed before with other cars often,do autocross events,car has been setup for track days, HP brakes/high temp fluid,etc.still using street tires but do not care about chunking them,looking to push their personal limits.

Level 4= Intermediate aggressive 7-8/10
This is basiclly the same as Level 3 but are using a DOT dedicated track tire.examples Kumho v700,Toyo RA-1,Falken RT615,driver has a good amount of experience and wants to push the car hard through the turns.

1.Michael Moody(MoodDude) 350Z 2.Eric(beddow) 350Z 3. Jeremy Tibbs (audible mayhem) 350z

Level 5= Advanced aggressive 8-10/10
Lots of on track experience at speed with other cars/ lots of autocross experience,using dedicated track tires,car has been properly setup for driving at or near the limit.

Old 05-06-2006, 03:09 PM
jeremy and eric, please accept my sincerest apologies for not responding--I don't check this site often. my car will likely not be ready in time but it looks like you've got a full crowd, I hope I can tag along as an observer. I was asked for suggestions and I have a few, some have already been addressed.

DRINK LOTS OF H20. it will be HOT and you will get dehydrated. I'm not sure what the facility's policy is but I would strongly advise against any drivers consuming beer until after the event. I plan to be there as an observer and as such, I will drink your share of beer till you guys are done driving.

jon, I have 2 helmets so if yours isn't adequate you can borrow one of mine.

new guys: work into it SLOWLY. be sure to bleed your brakes prior to the event, you'll work them more than you realize. pad compound is of no significance, just make sure you have adequate pad material for the day as well as getting home. if you opt for track-pads, keep in mind they'll dust more than streets/ceramic and may take longer to bite (couple/few laps to get up to temp). a good combo pad I use is carbotech p+.

once off the track, do NOT use your parking/e-brake. leave the car in neutral when you park and after a few minutes, push your car to rotate so the pad contact is spread to a different part of your rotors (helps in preventing warping).

fill up your gas tanks prior to the event and/or bring spare cans. I'm not sure if fuel is available at the track. and don't worry about additives or "race" fuel.

use ALL off the track--late apexes to start. slow in, fast out, later/slower turn-ins are safer.

being that there are no flags, whomever is the official steward, make sure there is some sort of signal that participants are entering or exiting the track.

tires--a link was posted earlier to hoosier a's. these are auto-x tires and will not hold up on a road course. if you're looking for scrubs, make sure you get r's. the ra1's are good. https://www.hoosiertire.com/discontinuedtires.htm may have your sizes available.

I'm not familiar with this track at all and I haven't tinkered with my brother's car ("keib") yet so I can't offer advice on prep but feel free to hit me up at "red gump" on aim if you want to bs about tracking in general.

Last edited by Red Gump; 05-06-2006 at 03:14 PM.
Old 05-06-2006, 04:25 PM
No Beer. Alcohol and track time is bad. Save the beer for after the track time is over.

I don't know which group to be in since my car isn't very prepped, just tires. Plus, I have a slow car with a little engine and low horsepower.

Old 05-06-2006, 04:30 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
yeah cool man, some good info for people there. im sure there will be plenty of room for spectating...

thanks, i still need to find my tires damnit...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Renting Track for a day..