Renting Track for a day..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 09:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is the bleed rotation for the G? Planning on bleeding it the week before the track.

Also putting on a Stillen sway bar. I'm sure some other drivers have this. Should I put it on the stiffest of the three settings? Does it matter that much?

Old 05-14-2006, 09:55 AM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
bleed rotation is:
rear passenger
rear driver
front passenger
front driver

you want to start with teh furthest away from the cylinder.

good point about the sway bar. i currently have mine on the medium setting for front and rear. you guys think i should stiffen them up for the track? i might just leave it as it is cause goin stiffer could cause some snap oversteer, and could be unpredictable since i havent driven with it yet. same thing could happen to you jadaway2. what do you guys think though?

Old 05-14-2006, 11:54 AM
One thing you can do is measure the tires temperatures throught the width of the tire. If you're getting the outside more hot, stiffen it up a little. A stiffer sway shouldn't cause oversteer, I believe it may understeer, but most likely, you'll just have flatter turns. If you stiffen up the front, and keep the back the same, it should understeer.

Old 05-14-2006, 04:28 PM
As for antiroll bars (sways) start where you think it will give you the best performance (stiffer doesn't always mean better!)
Start with antiroll bars at a setting that you think will give you a slight understeer- start with a medium/medium set up for staggered tires (larger tires in the rear) or medium/soft set up for the same size tires all the way around. This is due to the fact that understeer is far safer than oversteer, and we want you in one piece when you do tire temps. We can then tune from there.
I found that on my sways (Hotchkis) the stiff setting was unmanageble for me right now, since the weight transfered so fast!
Now if it rains - put them both at the softest setting you can!!

Old 05-14-2006, 10:12 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MoodDude
Now if it rains - put them both at the softest setting you can!!

how dare you mention that?!?!?!?!

Old 05-15-2006, 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by audiblemayhem
how dare you mention that?!?!?!?!

Hell, if it rains, you'll learn a heck of a lot more. One of my most fun track sessions was at Road Atlanta in the rain. Just keep the street tires on if there is any pooled water. If there isn't any pooled water, the racing tires will still have more grip.

Old 05-16-2006, 05:07 PM
I think I had more fun during the SEDIV on the day it rained than the day it was dry!

Old 05-16-2006, 09:46 PM
If it does rain out it will be rescheduled.

Old 05-16-2006, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by beddow
If it does rain out it will be rescheduled.

I guess we really won't know that until the day of right???

Old 05-16-2006, 10:17 PM
Uh - why? I would rather drive than reschedule! Especially since there are no rules about driving with your windows up!

Old 05-16-2006, 10:19 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i cant wait either way!!!

Old 05-17-2006, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by MoodDude
Uh - why? I would rather drive than reschedule! Especially since there are no rules about driving with your windows up!
Part of me would like to drive either way as well,but since we are street cars they do not allow certain things like driving in RAIN.I capitalized rain because we will drive if it rains a little and stops over and over.But a hard down poor will render the track to dangerous for most of us.I also do not like the idea of driving the course with windows up,hand signals are then useless.Although the only hand signal we will be using will be pitting(fist out).Lets just hope we have good weather thats all I can say because I really do not want to reschedule.

Old 05-22-2006, 04:09 PM
Hi everyone - with less than 2 weeks away, everyone should be thinking about getting their cars ready. I think someone posted a check list of things to go through BEFORE getting to the track.
TrackHoRX8 and myself just got back from a super weekend at Roebling, and want to share with all of you some important leasons:
1. Slower is Faster
2. Look where you want to go
3. In a spin, both feet in.
4. Not only let the car warm up (engine, tires, and brakes), but let yourself warm up too.
5. Smooth is Fast (turning, accelerating and BRAKING)
I knew some of these before going, but a few mistakes on my part really drove it home for me.

For those of you who this will be the first road track day for you, we need to figure out how we can best help you so you can learn and have a ton of fun. Here are some ideas:
- If they do allow passangers, then have the first few sessions with a experienced drive (I know I want one).
- If they don't, maybe we can put an experince drive in the morning in the front of the pack with a radio and drive slow and explain the line as you follow him/her.
Trust me that you will have a much better day if we can figure this out! Anyone else got any ideas?

Old 05-22-2006, 06:56 PM
Well, Mike had an amazing weekend at Roebling and learned a heck of a lot! He's fast as hell in that beast of his, so you other folks are going to be drooling when you see his setup and see him on the track. He pulled away from just about everyone else on the straights with his instructor holding on for dear life. If anyone has the opportunity to do Roebling again in September with NASA, you should. It's getting to be my favorite track. The turns are so amazing. It's like a drug.

The 710's did awsome and stick like hell. They wear great too for a 30 treadwear tire so I'm very very happy with my purchase. Car was set great and was very fast. I couldn't have been happier. Can't wait until the 3rd.

Old 05-22-2006, 11:55 PM
Glad to here you both had a great time!Roebling Road is a great track and no one should ever pass up an opportunity to go there if they enjoy road racing.The front straight coming out of that fast final turn (can't remember how many turns 12-13 I think) will really put your brakes to the test entering turn 1.MoodDude must have been seeing around 135mph at the end of that straight.Me and Jeremy went up to the Zdayz at the Dragon over the weekend so we were in some twisties as well but slow traffic stinks I only had a few times to run some corners pretty hard but within safe limits.I'm looking forward to June 3rd guy's it has come around rather quickly.
Eric

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Renting Track for a day..