Renting Track for a day..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 09:49 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well two of those rules suck. but oh well, it will still be fun. we will have to figure out who will be close in time and group people in similar time groups to keep people off each others ***...

i knew they would say no passengers. oh well. we will have to make the best of it and have fun anyways.

i didnt see a rule that said "no alcohol!!!" woooo hooooooo

Old 04-26-2006, 11:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just received payment from Siu,thanks Siu.
Here is the Official list of those attending.In order to get on this list please be 100% sure,post up on the thread, and email me your full name and car info.
1.Eric (beddow) 350z paid
2.Jeremy(audiblemayhem) 350z paid
3.Brian(98 Intrigue's friend)BMW M coupe paid
4.CJ(cj350) 350z paid by paypal
5.Kevin Corvette $100.00 due Payment Sent
6.Jesse(Gatekeeper) SRT4 paid
7.Ryan(98 Intrigue) G35 paid
8.Dan(SFLG35) G35 paid
9.Ian(Demonteverde) G35 paid by paypal
10.Chris S13 paid
11.Stuart(UFGatorG35) G35 paid
12.Andrew(Kevin's brother) Corvette $100.00 due Payment Sent
13.Levent(TrackHoRX8) RX8 Paid by paypal
14.Michael Moody(MoodDude) 350Z paid
15.Matt Mustang GT paid
16.Mark(mdemonte) Maxima paid by paypal
17.Siu(st350z) 350z paid by paypal to me
18.Mike(keib) g35 payment sent
19.Jon (jadaway2) G35 Payment sent
20.$100

Last edited by beddow; 04-28-2006 at 07:21 PM.
Old 04-27-2006, 01:23 PM
Should have another G35 coming from Sebring. My buddy John should be posting shortly.

Old 04-27-2006, 01:58 PM
Hey, I'm in. What do I need to do to get signed up? I'm going with Mike. I have a G35 Sedan.

Jonathan

Old 04-27-2006, 03:32 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Sorry if this has already been asked/addressed, but what all will be going on during the day? I know we'll be running the cars half to death, but what should we bring as far as food, drinks, etc? Is anyone bringing friends/girlfriends/etc? What will they be doing (I'm assuming they'd get bored after a while)? Anything I missed feel free to jump in, I'm new to this

Also - what are you guys doing about helmets?

Old 04-27-2006, 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by UFGatorG35
Sorry if this has already been asked/addressed, but what all will be going on during the day? I know we'll be running the cars half to death, but what should we bring as far as food, drinks, etc? Is anyone bringing friends/girlfriends/etc? What will they be doing (I'm assuming they'd get bored after a while)? Anything I missed feel free to jump in, I'm new to this

I'll defer to the organizers and guys that have experience tracking their cars, but will offer my two cents.

If we have approximately 20 cars, and access for the whole day, we should break into groups. The rules do not allow for passing, so quicker drivers and the less-quick should be grouped. 20-30 minute sessions. We have a month to figure it out. I personally do not mind the no-passing rule, as I am a novice, and not excited about some knucklehead diving into a turn with me. My mission for the day is to learn my car...period. I have new wheels & tires, sways, etc., and have not had an opportunity to push the car. I likewise have no idea how my brakes will fair with repeated sessions. What better venue than a $100 track day? In the next couple weeks we should get a feel for the experience of the drivers and their cars (NA vs. FI) and take a stab at the groups. Probably be a very fluid day, but no harm in starting with a little structure.

Helmet...if you don't have one, you might as well pick one up. "SA" rated works for all road racing I'm aware of. A link to a decent site... http://www.racerwholesale.com/catalo...page=1&sort=5a. I'm told the SA rating lasts approx 10 years. You can save a few bucks getting an SA2000, with the understanding that the rating will expire sooner than a SA2005.

Spectators... no passengers, but I haven't seen any limitation on bringing a girlfriend. Eric & Jeremy will know more. I'd like to bring mine. I'd be up for a big group lunch. Maybe a bbq if they'll let us.

Interested to hear the thoughts of others...

Old 04-27-2006, 11:11 PM
Originally Posted by jadaway2
Hey, I'm in. What do I need to do to get signed up? I'm going with Mike. I have a G35 Sedan.

Jonathan
PM sent John

Old 04-28-2006, 01:06 AM
Originally Posted by UFGatorG35

I have to talk to Nita about the food beverage situation,the lease agreement stated no off property food or beverage.I'm thinking that might be directed more to the drag strip.I'm definetly haulin some drinks with me it's going to be hot.Girlfriends and wifes welcome both me and Jeremy are going to have our better halfs in tote.

You will definetly need a helmet so make arrangments to purchase one that is snell approved 2000 and newer is what your looking for.If you buy new at this time you will be buying a SA2000 just look for a sticker on the back of the helmet.It will say snell approved above or below DOT on the sticker,if no sticker on back of helmet just search under the inner liner its there somewhere.Buying used it could be out of date just look for the snell approved sticker as I descibed.Sharing helmets can work if your partner is off track when your on, if you don't mind someone elses head sweat .

As of tonight me and Jeremy started talking about a way to place drivers in groups.What we are leaning towards is asking everyone what they want out of their on track time.Basicly setting up levels for the groups.

Level 1= Novice non aggressive 5-6/10
Never driven at speed on a track with other cars,do not want to push their cars hard, concerned with tire chunking, brakes fading, etc. in this case we will have a experienced driver quickly run through a few important things you'll want to know before your out there.

Level 2= Novice slightly aggressive 6-7/10
Have driven on a track at speed before with other cars,have some basic knowledge of how to properly enter and exit a corner,still not wanting to push hard due to being on street tires, stock brakes/fluid, etc.

Level 3= Intermediate aggressive 7-8/10
Have driven on a track at speed before with other cars often,do autocross events,car has been setup for track days, HP brakes/high temp fluid,etc.still using street tires but do not care about chunking them,looking to push their personal limits.

Level 4= Intermediate aggressive 7-8/10
This is basiclly the same as Level 3 but are using a DOT dedicated track tire.examples Kumho v700,Toyo RA-1,Falken RT615,driver has a good amount of experience and wants to push the car hard through the turns.

Level 5= Advanced aggressive 8-10/10
Lots of on track experience at speed with other cars/ lots of autocross experience,using dedicated track tires,car has been properly setup for driving at or near the limit.

Now this is just an idea but pretty close to how we will determine who will be on the track at the same time together.You will be asked to find the Level that best suits you.We can then see if you need to move up in Level or down after your first outing.

Old 04-28-2006, 01:36 PM
rent my car for the day

Old 04-28-2006, 02:35 PM
bump

Old 04-28-2006, 07:24 PM
Here is the Official list of those attending.In order to get on this list please be 100% sure,post up on the thread, and email me your full name and car info.
1.Eric (beddow) 350z paid
2.Jeremy(audiblemayhem) 350z paid
3.Brian(98 Intrigue's friend)BMW M coupe paid
4.CJ(cj350) 350z paid by paypal
5.Kevin Corvette $100.00 due Payment Sent
6.Jesse(Gatekeeper) SRT4 paid
7.Ryan(98 Intrigue) G35 paid
8.Dan(SFLG35) G35 paid
9.Ian(Demonteverde) G35 paid by paypal
10.Chris S13 paid
11.Stuart(UFGatorG35) G35 paid
12.Andrew(Kevin's brother) Corvette $100.00 due Payment Sent
13.Levent(TrackHoRX8) RX8 Paid by paypal
14.Michael Moody(MoodDude) 350Z paid
15.Matt Mustang GT paid
16.Mark(mdemonte) Maxima paid by paypal
17.Siu(st350z) 350z paid by paypal to me
18.Mike(keib) g35 payment sent
19.Jon (jadaway2) G35 Payment sent
20.Tyler(srtfrazier) SRT4paid by paypal to me

Last edited by beddow; 04-29-2006 at 12:38 PM.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:26 PM
Yeah baby! I'm psyched!

What do I need other than a helmet? Any recommendations from someone who's done this before? I'm breaking my cherry on this trip and would like some advice on car preparations.

Jon

Old 04-28-2006, 10:02 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
a helmet, good tires, and bring lots of naked girls... my girl will be with me so i will have to wear some sunglasses probably.

Old 04-28-2006, 10:10 PM
I talked to Nita today,we are more than welcome to bring coolers full of drinks and sandwiches if we would like.Just no BBQ'n,man I thought that would of been odd if we were not allowed to bring coolers and food.
I think I might order a pair of gloves,so the sweat does not cause my hands to slip on the steering wheel.

Old 04-28-2006, 10:19 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Thanks for the feedback guys, sounds good.

Im assuming I'll be in the first group at least to start - got the slotted brembos but the tires/suspension are bone stock and I've never been on a track with other cars before. I feel I am very capable and skilled with my car (hell I run track speeds every day to and from work, 90+ miles per day), but want to make sure I'm a little extra cautious with other guys' cars on the track

Last edited by UFGatorG35; 04-28-2006 at 10:25 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Renting Track for a day..