Renting Track for a day..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 04:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by _jb
Can you guys heel 'n toe in a G?

I have trouble hitting both pedals at the same time.
ever drive barefoot?
Seriously, the shoe can make all the difference.

Old 05-24-2006, 09:21 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the Z is really easy to heel toe. you dont even have to turn your foot more than 15 degrees...

Old 05-24-2006, 11:54 PM
Originally Posted by MoodDude
Hey guys, Levent's friend and mine that races, Jeff Gordon (not the famous NASCAR Racer, but he races the same cars) said that he actually has a race 28 miles away from us on the night of June 3rd. I will probably go over to watch him if any of you guys are interested. I will also try to talk him about coming over to our track first and helping people with questions and have him look at the tire temps people are running.

Question - does anyone have a canopy or something to create some shade during the event? We really will need it to cool off between each session!
I picked up a 10x10ft canopy from walgreens for $20.00.It will be very hot guy's so please try to come up with a way to be in the shade.

Old 05-25-2006, 10:26 AM
8 More Days!
90/70 F - 30% chance of Scattered Showeres

Old 05-25-2006, 10:29 AM
Hey guys who is meeteing up at the hotel and whats their estimated time of arival?? also Jeremy and Eric and all the orlando guys, do you want to caravan to gainsville on friday?? Please let me know so I can plan accordingly.......

Old 05-25-2006, 10:30 AM
8 More Days!
90/70 F - 30% chance of Scattered Showeres
Hey do you want to sell the extra set of track wheels for that saturday??

Old 05-25-2006, 03:26 PM
Probably Levent and I will leave in the afternoon and try to be there around 7PM at the hotel. I think it is about an 3 to 4 hour drive from my house? We are going to stay Saturday night if our friend drives in the race that night close to the track we are at.

Anyone with some extra shade? If I don't hear from anyone this weekend, then I will go to Target and buy something.

Also, it is going to be hot, plan ahead! Bring plenty of water to drink and a chair. Driving on the track takes a lot out of you and if you are not rested and hydraded you will be more likely to screw up.
Just remember the three rules:
1. This is not a race
2. This is not a race
3. This is not a race

Old 05-25-2006, 05:15 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
getting my hoosiers mounted as we speak, will have pics in a few!!!

woo hooo

ok

i will remember

1. This is a race
2. This is a race
3. This is a race

its actually to see who has the biggest ***** and whose car can hang with the size of them

Old 05-25-2006, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by audiblemayhem
getting my hoosiers mounted as we speak, will have pics in a few!!!

woo hooo

ok

i will remember

1. This is a race
2. This is a race
3. This is a race

its actually to see who has the biggest ***** and whose car can hang with the size of them
I hope you are kidding, because you are scaring me a little. Please remember that it is not ***** but what you have learned and what you will learn at the event. As much as I like my car, people like Levent can out drive me in a under horsepower car that is almost stock. This is because he has a lot more seat time than me. I love to watch people like him drive and have them in my car when I drive since I learn so much.
I believe this is your first road coarse on your car? You will enjoy yourself a lot more if everyone leaves their ego at home. Who cares if someone is faster than you or you are faster than someone else. Can you learn something from them, that is the main point. A few people at the last event where really bad drivers, but I learned a lot from them. Especially, how to have soft eyes and drive your own line.
I think your experience is in 1/4 mile, which is great, but almost nothing is the same in a road track. One thing that is different is:

Slower is Faster, slower going into the turn, will give you a faster exit speed and line and thus yeild faster times.

You must be smooth with everything, not only the accelerator but in your braking and turning and you have to link them all together. You can function separately, but when you put them all together, you will create less stress on your car and yield faster times.

I don't mean to single you out or anything, but Levent and I have been talking and your posts are scaring us. Yet, we probably just don't know your sense of humor and once we do, we will see that you are on the same page as us.

Cool about your tires, you will be happier that you didn't tear up your street tires.

Old 05-25-2006, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by cj350
Hey do you want to sell the extra set of track wheels for that saturday??
Check your PM.

Old 05-25-2006, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by _jb
Can you guys heel 'n toe in a G?

I have trouble hitting both pedals at the same time.
I also have trouble in the Z. Maybe we can figure this out at the track together. If you can't, try driving the whole coarse in a single gear. Hell, I may just do that a few sessions since you learn a lot by not just trying to use HP to gain times.
I am even thinking about running the event on the lowest boost setting on my car. That way I am not just faster than some people because of my Torque, but more of my line choice and how smooth I can drive.

Old 05-25-2006, 06:47 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
yeah bro.... you just dont know my sense of humor. sorry for scaring you but thats half the fun of it

hehehe

i want to test my car out. i know i am a good driver. i am not going to be dangerous or stupid but i will push my car to whatever percent i can make it up to. you can ask eric (beddow) he knows me. 85% of the time i am kidding. and 12% of the time i am not....

Old 05-25-2006, 07:29 PM
Jeremy is a clown Michael you will soon find out.He knows his limits and no one needs to be worried.I just hope he does not push 2 hard on those tires he will be running because 1 sec your stuck but overdrive them and your unstuck in a heart beat.He drives like a sissy though so he won't even come close to the limit of adhesion on his tires .

CJ I will be leaving around 7:30pm Friday night maybe earlier if I can arrange to leave early from work.

Old 05-25-2006, 07:32 PM
Cool, can't wait to meet all of you and see some other VQ35's on the track!
One guy at the last event has been to the track we are going to, he said that it is to narrow to even consider passing. So that is why they have the rule.
Can't wait.

Old 05-25-2006, 08:49 PM
_jb
Photographer

I also have trouble in the Z. Maybe we can figure this out at the track together. If you can't, try driving the whole coarse in a single gear. Hell, I may just do that a few sessions since you learn a lot by not just trying to use HP to gain times.
I am even thinking about running the event on the lowest boost setting on my car. That way I am not just faster than some people because of my Torque, but more of my line choice and how smooth I can drive.
Thanks for the tips. I have a G, not a Z. It seems like the gas pedal is too short for me to tap with my heel, and I have big feet.

I usually drive with leather soled shoes, so that's certainly not optimum. I kind of brake, rev-match, then slide my foot back over to the brake. I'm an old drag racer that doesn't adapt to road racing well, but I enjoy it. I've always thought about taking a driving course, but haven't done it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Renting Track for a day..