Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

HKs F-Con V-Pro, Fast Intentions test pipes and dual exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 11:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is the thread where I signed up for the group buy on the exhaust. https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...70#post1188170

My sig, which Rick clearly could see, shows that I have Rear Active Steering.

In fact, I also asked Rick if he had Rear Active Steering (he doesn't).

Therefore when Rick accepted my purchase he knew I had Rear Active Steering.

Old 09-07-2006, 11:37 PM
here is a thread I started 2 days after I signed up for the group buy (meaning that the threads were running simultaneously) with 32 responses asking about the RAS. Surely Rick must have seen this thread. https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07/101566-opinions-rear-active-steering.html

Do you still want to stick by your claim that I never mentioned that I had Rear Active Steering?

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 09-07-2006 at 11:39 PM.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:55 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Rick,

I wanted to keep this between me and Tony, but since you are forcing my hand....
Nobody is forcing your hand - you keep bringing it up in a public forum after you have discussions with Tony telling him you wont do this. Ken asks you a simple question or two, and instead of a PM, you publicly give snipits of details that are negative, with unfound background for anyone else to judge them with, putting Fast Intentions in a bad light that then needs to be responded to. That is not fair to Tony at all.

You claim to be an "expert" on the G35...so you should have been fully aware of the fact that RAS models require different fitting exhausts. Thanks to me you won't have this problem in the future. Man up and take some responsibilty.
The only person thus far who has claimed me to be an expert on the G35 would be YOU on this thread, certainly not me. I have done lots of research and my own R&D, extensively, but have NEVER claimed to be an expert in anyway. RAS models are different, we did not prototype the systems for RAS cars. There are VERY few RAS cars around, and per your expertise in your exotic version of the G35 with RAS (these are some of your words if I'm not mistaken), only found out about the issue yourself within the last few weeks. Everyone learns new things, unfortunately some of us by surprise.

I still feel, and very strongly...that I should not have had to shoulder all the $541 cost to find out that RAS vehicles are special. In fact, Tony and I are working this out right now. We have been talking on the phone and hopefully will reach an agreement (my suggestion is that Tony refund me the diff. between what I paid group buy cost plus 540 minus retail).
What is interesting is reading back at the first 5 or so posts of this entire thread - you've really changed your tone DR. It is a good 5 minute read though for anyone who is not familiar with the timeline of things.

To describe my behavior as 'bothersome" is bull****. Is it "bothersome" when consumers expect a vendor to sell a product that is supposed to be designed for their car to fit their car?
The posting of things as you have, is what is bothersome, so I wont do it again. It is equally frustrating to the vendor, when customers are not happy with products. However, when they don't work on cars they were not meant to work on, when these things are not disclosed to begin with, that's a different story, but sometiomes can be fixed or worked with. During the Group Buy, we had 5-6 people who signed up who had Sedans...the system is not for Sedans. When we verified information with everyone, we discovered the issues for them, and obviously, did not send out systems to them.

Vendors cannot read customer's minds. We can't tell what kind or version car you have. It is up to the customer to make sure that all of that data is clear, so we can make sure their purchasing and customer experience is as good as it can possibly be. Now, with that said, I know better than that. The customer is always right - rule number 1 in sales, unless they are wrong, and even then they're right. Did we know about RAS being an issue? NO. Did you, NO. Are the cars extremely rare? YES Do most customers who have them know this, as they are special ordered and very hard to get? YES

It is YOUR job to understand all the applications of YOUR products. It is not your job to claim that when I spend 2k on an exhaust I have no right to expect customer service.
Looks like the issue can be both parties fault - no disagreement there, but it's not like Tony EVER had a chance to do anything about it until AFTER you had the system modified by someone else and USED IT. Once an exhaust is used, there are no refunds - once they are modified, especially not - so how is this bad customer service????

Do remember, you found out about the problem and had it fixed before you even let us know about it - and you let us know via a public thread. It is very difficult to expect a company, any company, to to support a modified product, yet Tony is trying very hard to do that for you - THAT IS CUSTOMER SERVICE AT ITS BEST!!

And the killer about all of this is all I want is a lousy refund of $142. But no, you have to make a fight out of it. I will gladly comply.
Unfortunately, your the one fighting. Tony has gone head over heals to help you out in a situation that is VERY difficult to support, and I think you know that, based on your previous posts, yet you don't seem to be willing to cut him the same slack.

The only other thing that still gets me is your uncanny ability to ASSUME almost everything. You just posted another SLAM at me, ASSUMING that because you have a SIG with info in it, that I - 1 - care, and 2- read it, and 3- read it and 4- read it and 5- cared oh yea forgot one...5 - remembered!!!

Honestly man...you might need to get over yourself and just stop the madness.

I'm done with this thread......maybe...

Rick

Old 09-08-2006, 12:03 AM
The Pole
https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...=101566&page=3

I dont see Fast Intentions posting in that thread..

I guess they are, by that thread, automatically supposed to know you have RAS..??

Sean, I think you have made your point about being pissed about the situation, but look at how you handled it when you found out the exhaust wasnt going to work with the RAS setup..

Did you call Tony and ask him wtf? If it was me, I would of IMMEDIATELY called and told him what was up.. If it was the weekend THAN WAIT TILL MON.!

I dont understand why you are cryin about $142 when you just blew 4K on engine management.. I mean come on dood.. Maybe be a little more humble with your approach to this 'hobby' you have right now, think things through and maybe, just maybe things might have gone a little better for you and we wouldnt be having these issues..

IMO Sean you went totally overboard with the V-Pro decision.. I know, I know.. opinions are like A$$holes, everyones got em.. But you know what, I am gonna tell it to you like it is.. For the HP you want a SS box or UTEC is PLENTY. As far as I am concerned you could of used that money you saved from not buyin the V-Pro to goin with the SS Box or UTEC and have taken your lovely bride to be out to a nice restaurant or on a mini vacation, cause if and when you are FI and spend ALLLLL that OTHER money you have layin around, your gonna wish like hell you did go the UTEC or SS box route..

Just tellin it like I see it Sean, cant handle it, I apologize in advance.. IMO, your going this FI route for all the wrong reasons brotha..

Old 09-08-2006, 12:14 AM
Ken,

I called Tony 30 seconds after I found out about the problem.

At that point my car had been in the shop for nearly 2 weeks already. I wasn't about to pay another 125 dollars to have it shipped back to Tony at that point.

Rick, I posted a link to a thread where I have an extensive discussion about RAS. I was all ove the board discussing RAS. here is the thread again...note the date...2 days after I signed up for the group buy and also the time I spoke w/ you on the phone. How can you possibly say I did not know I had RAS. I looked all over the country for a car w/ RAS. What I didn't know was that when I told someone who I was buying parts for my car from that I had RAS that they were clueless that the product they were selling would not fit. I told you on the phone I had RAS.

How can you say I did not inform you I had RAS. The evidence is irrefutable.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 09-08-2006 at 12:18 AM.
Old 09-08-2006, 12:18 AM
Old 09-08-2006, 12:21 AM
Ken,

At that point my car had been in the shop for nearly 2 weeks already. I wasn't about to pay another 125 dollars to have it shipped back to Tony at that point.

Rick, I posted a link to a thread where I have an extensive discussion about RAS. I was all ove the board discussing RAS. I told you on the phone I had RAS.

At least to you it is...

OH YEA - BY THE WAY!!!!

Here's the dyno from my car today....

398.4 HP and 324.5lbs of TQ on a Clayton dyno - under full load!!!

Gotta love that SS box and only the first tune! What is that on a regular unloaded dyno 460+HP!!!

http://www.ismcentral.com/rick_dyno/rick_dyno2.jpg

RICK

Old 09-08-2006, 12:25 AM
The Pole
Sean, did you ever think of it this way.. I am willing to bet that there isnt 1 exhaust system out there for your car(RAS). I would be willing to bet $142 if I lose I will send you that money.. If I win, think about where you would be right now if you hadnt bought the Fast Intentions exhaust.. Chalk it up to Extra R and D for your type of car.. Maybe take a few pics and email them to Tony and Rick to help them better the product so this doesnt hurt other folks tryin to purchase this.. Man why make $hit worse than it has to be?? I lose you get $142, I win take some pics send them to Tony and call it even..

Well there is 2 different stories here, and as far as I am concerned both parties have their points.. I think I have done all the damage I can do..

Old 09-08-2006, 12:33 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Ken,

Rick, I posted a link to a thread where I have an extensive discussion about RAS. I was all ove the board discussing RAS. I told you on the phone I had RAS.

I want to put this issue about the exhaust to bed. Here is my side, by the time I spoke to Dr. he told me the system didn't fit, but he wasn't to sure why, he told me SGP was charging him 540.00 to fix it and at this point he didn't care because he spent so much money already and he said they were unbearable to work with, and he just wanted his car back. I told him the situation didn't sound right, so he gave me SGP's number which I gladly called, I spoke to Shawn and he told me it didn't fit because of the rear (HICAS). OK, I said where is it, he said off at an exhaust shop we use getting fixed. At that point what was I to do, it was being modified, I couldn't take it back. If Dr. had called me as soon as the problem was discovered, I would of paid to have it shipped back and refunded his money in full. Now he is saying he feels it is fair to pay him 142.00 to make to situation right. First off, you can ask anyone here, WE ARE NOT IN THE BUSINESS OF SCREWING PEOPLE OVER, second, I don't feel its fair to give him money directly, because he modified the system, told me he didn't care about the money, and then days later tried to hit me up for money. I don't operate that way. We are fair and truthful. Like I said in stock form I would of taken it back. I did tell him I would give him a credit towards other products with us. Lets see if that satisfies him. If anyone thinks I am being fair, or unfair, speak up either way. For everyone else who has bought from Fast Intentions, thank you for the continued support, and business....Tony

Last edited by FastIntentions; 09-08-2006 at 02:42 AM.
Old 09-08-2006, 12:33 AM
Ken,

Rick, I posted a link to a thread where I have an extensive discussion about RAS. I was all ove the board discussing RAS. here is the thread again...note the date...2 days after I signed up for the group buy and also the time I spoke w/ you on the phone. How can you possibly say I did not know I had RAS. I looked all over the country for a car w/ RAS. What I didn't know was that when I told someone who I was buying parts for my car from that I had RAS that they were clueless that the product they were selling would not fit. I told you on the phone I had RAS.

It looks to me that you've proclaimed yourself the resident expert in RAS and that the car is truly a RARE and EXOTIC version of the car.

WOW...hmmm...OK....

Old 09-08-2006, 12:35 AM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dude - you can't just buy parts and assume that they're gonna work. You have to plan for contingencies. When I purchased my clutch, it wasn't listed as explicitely supporting 05/06 models. I bought it anyway, knowing that there might be a problem. Fortunately there wasn't. But if there was, I wouldn't be all over the manufacturer.

Rather than put responsibility on the manufacturer/vendor, did they state *anywhere* explicitely that the exhaust *would* fit a car with RAS? I don't think so.

And I really don't think you need to be broadcasting this stuff everywhere.

Old 09-08-2006, 12:43 AM
Former G35driver Vendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Tell you what. My ace lawyer is in Ca. lets see what he thinks.
That's pretty childish.

Old 09-08-2006, 02:49 AM
Originally Posted by rookie
That's pretty childish.
+1

Very pretentious.