Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Driving Stillen VS Vortech?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 11:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AthenG
True, but if I'm going to spend 10K on a TT kit, I might as well go all out and build the engine. Plus JWT is pretty new that we are not sure how reliable it can be. I really intended to go the JWT path but my wife wanted to have a baby maybe a year from now, so going with just a SC will save me around 3-4K on install/kit especially if I'm not building my motor.

Well theres your problem right there...You went and got yourself a wife..

Old 10-18-2006, 11:45 AM
/\ lol

Old 10-19-2006, 09:00 AM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
A fast vortech car is truly something to experience. you don't ever wnat to shift. the higher the rpms climb, the stronger the car pulls.

I haven't been in a vortech 350, but have driven in several mustangs, and it is awesome!!!

Old 10-19-2006, 09:43 AM
Originally Posted by G35Tuning
Well theres your problem right there...You went and got yourself a wife..
I'm in the same boat. She HATES seeing money go towards my car. She told me that I need to start my own savings account, and use the money in that account for car parts. That way she never knows about the money.

Old 10-21-2006, 11:53 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
If I were to do it all over again the JWT TT kit would be my choice hands down.

As for the Vortech vs Stillen it all depends on where you want your power. The stillen is awesome for daily driving and has tons of power below 5k above that it is more like stock. The stage 4 goes higher but still dies off by 6k.

I have been in both and if you want more of the rush go with the Vortech. The Stillen feels more like a V8 and the Vortech feels more like a turbo with the lag and then a rush in the high rpms.

Old 10-22-2006, 12:27 AM
English dude, English
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If I had to do it again, I'd get the M3. For all the money that I have put in this car, I think that I would have rather spent more on an actual sports car. JMHO.

Old 10-23-2006, 02:07 AM
I really hated the hood before, but it grew on me until I finally decided to get the kit. The Z hood is m uch uglier. Here's my G:

Old 10-23-2006, 04:07 AM
I wouldn't go near a used M3, so if I add up all my mods, I still come out cheaper than a new M3. This includes my suspension too. Nothing makes me smile more, than smoking a M3. I didn't add my SC until 79k miles, so I'm contemplating a build. Of course, it will be the cheapest forged build available and I'll upgrade to 9 psi while I'm at it. With a forged engine, the emphasis should be on the actual build and not so much as the internals IMHO.

Old 10-23-2006, 10:15 AM
Originally Posted by ttrank

I have been in both and if you want more of the rush go with the Vortech.

Thanks, this is what I was looking for . I thought Stillen will give me a better rush since the TQ is available early and I thought that Vortech feels more like a V8 since the power is more linear.

Old 10-23-2006, 10:18 AM
Originally Posted by Skyline_G35
If I had to do it again, I'd get the M3. For all the money that I have put in this car, I think that I would have rather spent more on an actual sports car. JMHO.
I somewhat agree, but knowing my self I will be modding the M3 too so that add up to the total cost. I'll be bored with the car in 1 year if I don't make it different from other's.

Old 10-28-2006, 03:40 AM
quick FI question.. is it bad to redline ur car when you're on FI?

Old 10-28-2006, 04:08 AM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Hell no.... The car begs to be redlined when you are FI'd!! Just don't hold it there or keep bouncing off the limiter... I hit redline on a daily basis and I have 65K+ miles on my ride and she is in GREAT shape... Just had compression checked and a once over just to make sure she was healthy... I am going to get 150K+ miles out of this car... Then I will do a rebuild and go for serious power... I will keep my GTR stock... (yeah right)

Old 10-28-2006, 04:09 AM
hahahah ok.. i guess i need to abuse my car more often

Old 11-01-2006, 06:19 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by AthenG
Thanks, this is what I was looking for . I thought Stillen will give me a better rush since the TQ is available early and I thought that Vortech feels more like a V8 since the power is more linear.

The Stillen will plant you in your seat off the line and has a ton of power.
The Vortech will take off like stock and then when it gets to boost it will rush you like a turbo car.

You just need to look at what kind of driving you do the most and what you are looking for out of your kit.

Catch a ride in one of each if you can.

Old 11-01-2006, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by ttrank
The Stillen will plant you in your seat off the line and has a ton of power.
The Vortech will take off like stock and then when it gets to boost it will rush you like a turbo car. You just need to look at what kind of driving you do the most and what you are looking for out of your kit.

Catch a ride in one of each if you can.

The thing is I came from Honda and I have a habit of staying on the higher RPM (Vtec syndrome ). If I get the Stillen then I'll only be taking advantage of it's power only on the First Gear coz after i Shift to second my RPM will never see below 4K RPM (only when racing ), by then Vortech has enough boost to really get me going right?

I just really need to catch a ride to see which one I want.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Driving Stillen VS Vortech?