Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Driving Stillen VS Vortech?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 11:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the vortech is just fine in the upper rpms

however a stock turbo kit running a constant 8psi once in boost will outrun a vortech which has a stock 8psi but only reaches that at redline and is otherwise less than that.

IMO the vortech is the SC to get if you want to get a SC, but want to have lots of options to make a lot more power down the road like with a T-trim blower etc.

I haven't heard any word on the stillen stage 5 blower kit yet, but it could be pretty nice.

Old 11-01-2006, 11:17 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
Not sure if the M92 blower is ever going to happen with Stillen.

I have heard some rumors that a couple places are working on a Whipple blower swap. If someone does that then this kit will have the same instant power but can make 400+ at the wheels no problem. It will take new FMU and injectors. The good thing is that the Whipple is almost twice as efficient as the Eaton blower. Say bye-bye to CARB and hello to some more power!

Old 11-02-2006, 06:19 PM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by ttrank
Not sure if the M92 blower is ever going to happen with Stillen.

I have heard some rumors that a couple places are working on a Whipple blower swap. If someone does that then this kit will have the same instant power but can make 400+ at the wheels no problem. It will take new FMU and injectors. The good thing is that the Whipple is almost twice as efficient as the Eaton blower. Say bye-bye to CARB and hello to some more power!
god tim i hope you are right about the whipple set up,it would be a monster.

Old 11-03-2006, 03:38 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by superchargedg
god tim i hope you are right about the whipple set up,it would be a monster.
Oh Tim is right on track with that. I have talked to him a few times in detail about the whipple project, and I have to thank him (TTrank) for remaining tight lipped about it.

BUT, yes, I am working on a few intense projects, one having to do with the Vorterch SC kit improvments, etc., and the other, of course, is the Whipple based / Stillen kit. I do have alot of irons in the fire right now, with all this mentioned, and also day-to-day buisness, and most importantly the cars I am preparing for the upcomming Time Attack.... excited about that one!! All is going pretty well, just wish I was a bit more patient....Hahaha. Stay tuned........

Old 11-03-2006, 06:08 PM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by wa2good
Oh Tim is right on track with that. I have talked to him a few times in detail about the whipple project, and I have to thank him (TTrank) for remaining tight lipped about it.

BUT, yes, I am working on a few intense projects, one having to do with the Vorterch SC kit improvments, etc., and the other, of course, is the Whipple based / Stillen kit. I do have alot of irons in the fire right now, with all this mentioned, and also day-to-day buisness, and most importantly the cars I am preparing for the upcomming Time Attack.... excited about that one!! All is going pretty well, just wish I was a bit more patient....Hahaha. Stay tuned........
now this is some real good news,i cant wait to you get it done.ill probably be the 1st in line....well behind tim that is.keep us posted please.

Old 11-05-2006, 07:17 AM
I see a top mounted SC in the VQhr'S future. I can't see how anyone will design a centrifugal SC with the two throttle bodys and not to mention how two compressors will be very expensived. Maybe you can use one blower, send the compressed air through the IC and split the air into two hoses; one for each TB. A metal box, from the IC where passenger side airbox is, can be used to support two hoses to each TB and also support a BOV and connectors for boost. A roots or whipple type setup will alleviate this, and with two TB, may be able to produce some serious power.

Old 11-05-2006, 09:24 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Deang35c6
I see a top mounted SC in the VQhr'S future. I can't see how anyone will design a centrifugal SC with the two throttle bodys and not to mention how two compressors will be very expensived. Maybe you can use one blower, send the compressed air through the IC and split the air into two hoses; one for each TB. A metal box, from the IC where passenger side airbox is, can be used to support two hoses to each TB and also support a BOV and connectors for boost. A roots or whipple type setup will alleviate this, and with two TB, may be able to produce some serious power.
^^^^ BINGO

Old 11-06-2006, 12:19 AM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Vortech Improvements? Vortech Improvements? Tell me more.....

Old 11-20-2006, 12:25 AM
i have a 2006 g35 coupe mt and i know stillen makes a sc, but does vortech for the rev up. Also, is vortech the only sc with a bov? I'm a cheap bastard that wants a fast g for not that much $. Is there a price difference between the two. Also, yes i am a newb but wut is the difference between the various stillen stage kits. Is stage 3 worth it over 2, or should i do stage 4. And no matter wut kit i get will it be ok to run on stock internals. Any info would be nice.

Old 11-20-2006, 03:31 AM
They are both fine products, yet have room for improvements.

I think the Vortech system is excellent yet it is laggy unless you slip the clutch yet feels great at high RPMs so be ready to ECU flash.

Stillen can use a larger blower that is for sure.

Soon to come some greatness we all hope.

M

Old 11-20-2006, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by mraturbo

Stillen can use a larger blower that is for sure.

Soon to come some greatness we all hope.

M
Sure can!!!! and I am prayin for some greatness....

Old 11-21-2006, 06:40 PM
Very very very anxiously awaiting more news on any Stillen related developments. Holding off on spending the $$$ to go Stage 4, in hopes something better will come out from Stillen or elsewhere...

Old 11-23-2006, 01:30 AM
Great products regardless.

M

Old 11-23-2006, 05:25 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Triple8Sol
Very very very anxiously awaiting more news on any Stillen related developments. Holding off on spending the $$$ to go Stage 4, in hopes something better will come out from Stillen or elsewhere...
I hear you, keep up the patience...... working on it...

Old 11-25-2006, 04:46 AM
I hear you, keep up the patience...... working on it...
Trying to be patient...possibly something by Spring?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Driving Stillen VS Vortech?