Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Well My FI Days Have Come To An End.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 02:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pabg35
sorry Another thing is maxing out your 550 cc injectors at 5300 rpm with your setup, maybe if you 440cc
I can see a 550cc maxing out at 5500rpm with that power and tq since SC need a bigger injector compare to Turbo not to mention he is tuned to run mid 10's on the A/F. Oh well, hope GTM come here to clarify things coz I don't think GTM will let a car out of their shop in this condition.

Old 04-07-2008, 02:14 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 152 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by FI'ed G
I can see a 550cc maxing out at 5500rpm with that power and tq since SC need a bigger injector compare to Turbo not to mention he is tuned to run mid 10's on the A/F. Oh well, hope GTM come here to clarify things coz I don't think GTM will let a car out of their shop in this condition.

GTM didnt tune my car..I just got the VB sent me from them...I had matchless performance here in Dallas area tune the car.....GTM has nothing to do with this except for the outstanding VB they created!

Old 04-07-2008, 02:27 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
An A/F ratio of mid 10's is actually a bit rich, don't you think? First thing to do is find out what went wrong with a tear down, then you will know whether to go b!tch at the dealership because of oil starvation, or if was the tune etc.

Old 04-07-2008, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by g35man04
GTM didnt tune my car..I just got the VB sent me from them...I had matchless performance here in Dallas area tune the car.....GTM has nothing to do with this except for the outstanding VB they created!
My bad, I read GTM somewhere..lol I know GTM will not let tha car out in that condition. Like everyone said, your power is way high at that rpm. Do you happen to know what PSI was at that rpm?

PM sent.

Old 04-07-2008, 02:28 PM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
Damn sorry to hear about this with all the different problems ive read that you have had.

Old 04-07-2008, 02:37 PM
Really Needs a Life
Received 177 Likes on 136 Posts
I didnt take it to redline to often....I would hit 5800-6200 when shifting...I am assuming it was at 5200 from talking to Cameron..I still never received any info on my tune afterwards....what were the final results or anything..I was told by jason what he thought my power was from the what he had heard around the shop...
most of this sounds like a tuning issue... but more important than anything (imo) you sound (from posts in the thread) that you were hardly involved with the FI process of your car.

Old 04-07-2008, 02:44 PM
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts
I was going to post the same thing but thought that it sounded better coming from you I did not recognize any of the names you mentioned that worked at GTM.

Old 04-07-2008, 02:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree, it was a tuning issue. If it would've been tuned right then it would've lasted you a lot longer. especially if you say you only redlined once or twice!
I'm thinkin about going TT and the most important thing im worried about is my tuning. Aslong as you tune it right, do regular maintenance and make sure your oil is on level at all times... your fi engine should last you more than that... but goodluck on your future plans and sorry to hear about ur motor :-/

Old 04-07-2008, 02:51 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree, it was a tuning issue. If it would've been tuned right then it would've lasted you a lot longer. especially if you say you only redlined once or twice!
I'm thinkin about going TT and the most important thing im worried about is my tuning. Aslong as you tune it right, do regular maintenance and make sure your oil is on level at all times... your fi engine should last you more than that... but goodluck on your future plans and sorry to hear about ur motor :-/

Old 04-07-2008, 03:04 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 152 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by dijstiiv
most of this sounds like a tuning issue... but more important than anything (imo) you sound (from posts in the thread) that you were hardly involved with the FI process of your car.
I was there through the whole process of the install and everything...Matchless performance did not do my install of the supercharger...my buddies at GS motorsports did my install....I had the rest of my work like tune and gauge install and radiator....other odds and end install at matchless....I was told that he was a repubatle tuner in the area....he has 2-3 skylines making 600-700 rwhp...he also has a 1000hp built skyline. Along with that he has a couple of 240sx's, silvia, and Lexus IS 300 all done by his shop..so that was the reason I went to him.

Old 04-07-2008, 03:23 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Would be nice to see the dyno but I don't know if it was the tune perse. As the motor let go while just crusing. (ie.. not pushing it). IMHO only here. I think you might have done some damage before and it just decided to let go now.).

I'd also really suspect the oil level. Oil starvation would fubar a rod/crank bearing and seize it. Does you oil change receipt mention the # of quarts of oil used?

Old 04-07-2008, 03:25 PM
Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
ahhhhhhhhhhhh oh no! you guys scaring me, so procharger did this Im tuned 347.8 at 6400rpm, am i ok? Cause if procharger be claiming engines like this im either going to do a build soon, or just go jwt tt, then do a build, what u guys think? Or just fingers crossed and keep procharger, it runs fine tho, again it was tune by sam@gtm. I am sorry for your lost g35man04, it was partly because of you I went FI, and watching your procharger build, I went procharger too, but i aint gonna blow too tho...let us know what u decide to do

Note: I gun my car everyday, and go past 5000rpm 2-4 times a day, atleast every other day guaranteed. No problems so far.....|fingers crossed|

Last edited by G37Rider92649; 04-07-2008 at 03:29 PM.
Old 04-07-2008, 03:29 PM
Originally Posted by G35Rider92649
ahhhhhhhhhhhh oh no! you guys scaring me, so procharger did this Im tuned 347.8 at 6400rpm, am i ok? Cause if procharger be claiming engines like this im either going to do a build soon, or just go jwt tt, then do a build, what u guys think? Or just fingers crossed and keep procharger, it runs fine tho, again it was tune by sam@gtm. I am sorry for your lost g35man04, it was partly because of you I went FI, and watching your procharger build, I went procharger too, but i aint gonna blow too tho...let us know what u decide to do

You will be fine... back in the days ATI used to blow motor coz it wasn't capable of adjusting the timing, same with the Greddy with Emanage. If you have a good ems and a good tune with moderate power running on moderate psi then you are ok.

Old 04-07-2008, 03:29 PM
^ You should be fine man. You had your car tuned at GTM, and you are no where near the 400 whp mark beyond which these engines are known to have problems with the rods. If something goes bad (which it can) it can happen whether you have a procharger, greddy, jwt tt, whatever. As long as you have a good tune, and moderate power, you are as safe as one can be while boosting an engine that wasn't boosted from the factory!

Old 04-07-2008, 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by FI'ed G
You will be fine... back in the days ATI used to blow motor coz it wasn't capable of adjusting the timing, same with the Greddy with Emanage. If you have a good ems and a good tune with moderate power running on moderate psi then you are ok.
You beat me to it!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Well My FI Days Have Come To An End.....