Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Forced Induction for Noobs....

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-20-2008, 01:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Lawy'dU
Are you running the HKS supercharger (you are using the vpro)? I would say the HKS couldn't produce that much power without meth injection no matter what tune you have. With a supercharger you are limited to the boost your pulley is capable or producing, not just the tune.

Generally the week link is the FMU, not the injectors. Stock injectors are good to produce 440 whp and then you need to start thinking about upgrading. Needing to upgrade the injectors and ecu to up the boost is the largest misconception for FI tuning I would say.
Umm, you're very much wrong. Did you not see Marble's thread where he si putting down ~400whp with the HKS SC, and he is A/T. GTM had already developed and made custom pulleys for the blower, as well as some other things that I won't go into (b/c it's their R&D). 9 or 12 lb. pulley I think. My revup kit will be modified and fitted with a supplemental kit by Sam at GTM.

Originally Posted by Sam@GTM
396 Rwhp and 350 torque @ 10 psi, keep in mind this car is an automatic car, so if you add the 10 % drivetrain loss for an auto this kit is doing over 450 RWHP on 10 psi .stock engine no cams with cats .

we have one more car that we are implementing meth inj with sc, and that will conclude our testing.

Marble was in our shop and he tested his car, I will let him share is impression .

stay tuned ,full write-up this week

Sam

GT MOTORSPORTS
Really stop talking out of your ****. You're entitled to your opinion, but I really don't value it, and most of the time it's wrong. I thought lawyers were supposed to be intelligent? I'm sick of correcting your stupid **** comments. HKS in yo face. Don't be mad that the HKS will outperform your Vortech more efficiently and quietly

Also, I believe you don't want to near maxing out your injectors on a suprcharged setup vs. a turbo setup, but I'm no expert.

EDIT: My apologies to the OP and mod's. This is a great stickied thread, I didn't mean to throw it off course. Still loking for suggestions for my q. from the experts, not the noobs

Last edited by jonnylaw; 05-20-2008 at 01:18 AM.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:13 AM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by SlideFox
Mods can we make this thread a sticky in the F/I section?
Great stuff. Thread stuck

Old 05-20-2008, 01:19 AM
Received 40 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jonnylaw
For supercharger application with goal of 375-400 whp dynojet, what kind/size fuel injectors would u recommend? Would oem pump,rails, be sufficient with proper engine management (vpro) and good tune?
I would probably go Deatchwerk 600cc Injecors with stock rails. Upgrading your fuel pump is a must, IMO. The fact that your going to be running V-Pro is gonna help optimize whatever setup you go. If you want to make sure fuel is not your limiting factor; you could always look at a CJM Stage 1 or Stage 2 return style system.

http://www.cj-motorsports.com/catalog.htm

Old 05-20-2008, 01:20 AM
Originally Posted by G-Ride Canada
im pretty interested on the gt35r kit...it doesn't mention anything about installing in the G? so there's none that works in the g so far?
Powerlab GT35R Kits are now available. Contact Intense or MRC

There are 3 G35's with GT35R kits currently on the streets.

Old 05-20-2008, 01:21 AM
Originally Posted by Skaterbasist
Great stuff. Thread stuck

Thanks Skater!

Old 05-20-2008, 01:25 AM
I would probably go Deatchwerk 600cc Injecors with stock rails. Upgrading your fuel pump is a must, IMO. The fact that your going to be running V-Pro is gonna help optimize whatever setup you go. If you want to make sure fuel is not your limiting factor; you could always look at a CJM Stage 1 or Stage 2 return style system.

http://www.cj-motorsports.com/catalog.htm
Thanks for the help bro--this was exactly the type of response I was looking for

I'm kinda on a little budget and I don't want to go beyond 400whp, so the 600cc injectors and stock rail would be a better fit for my wallet, than a CJM stage 1 kit (lthough ideally I would opt for that). For the fuel pump, what would you recommend?

I know a set of 6 600cc Deatshwerks (are these stock sized injectors that arae modified? If they are taller I need to get a spacer for my Cos) go for around ~$615. Would the fuel pump be around ~200?

Would this be ok?
http://gtmotorsports.com/product.php...cat=259&page=2
Thanks!

Last edited by jonnylaw; 05-20-2008 at 01:29 AM.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:28 AM
Originally Posted by Blue Meanie
I used an aquamist system on my tubby, yet on the Audi forum I was on, as well as a few others, no-one had even heard of water injection, and the thought of putting water mist into their engine seemed to be a foreign concept. Glad to see you chaps are clued up!
Water injection is just that.... Water injection. You are sending atomized water into the intake to cool the charge going into the engine. Cooler temperatures = safer more reliable power. The thing about water is it rusts. That is why people opt to Methanol injection. Both are the same exact concept, but you gain more by using a methanol mix. It burns cleaner, increases octane, and lower's engine temps.

Old 05-20-2008, 01:31 AM
Thanks for the help bro--this was exactly the type of response I was looking for

I'm kinda on a little budget and I don't want to go beyond 400whp, so the 600cc injectors and stock rail would be a better fit for my wallet, than a CJM stage 1 kit (lthough ideally I would opt for that). For the fuel pump, what would you recommend?

I know a set of 6 600cc Deatshwerks (are these stock sized injectors that arae modified? If they are taller I need to get a spacer for my Cos) go for around ~$615. Would the fuel pump be around ~300?

Thanks!
Just pick-up a Walbro 255lph from any of the site sponsors. It's an in-tank pump and should handle 400whp no problem.
Edit: Didn't realize you had the link there. That's the one!

Deashcwerks are modified OEM injectors, and work great. They work with the stock rails and no spacers are needed. These are the same injectors Powerlab includes in there GT35R kit making over 500+whp

Old 05-20-2008, 01:32 AM
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
thanks for the write up. Very informative.
Most of these noobs comin on the forum askin all these questions about forced induction will never even get around to installing a turbo kit. The idea of it just sounds "COOL" and fast and furious to them so they wanna ask the dumbest questions without wanting to do research on it first.
I think most of those threads should have been locked soon as they got posted, and I hope now they will be now that this sticky is up and running.

Old 05-20-2008, 01:39 AM
Originally Posted by Adon
Most of these noobs comin on the forum askin all these questions about forced induction will never even get around to installing a turbo kit. The idea of it just sounds "COOL" and fast and furious to them so they wanna ask the dumbest questions without wanting to do research on it first.
I think most of those threads should have been locked soon as they got posted, and I hope now they will be now that this sticky is up and running.
Hopefully this will help alleviate those noob threads.

Old 05-20-2008, 01:39 AM
Just pick-up a Walbro 255lph from any of the site sponsors. It's an in-tank pump and should handle 400whp no problem.
Edit: Didn't realize you had the link there. That's the one!

Deashcwerks are modified OEM injectors, and work great. They work with the stock rails and no spacers are needed. These are the same injectors Powerlab includes in there GT35R kit making over 500+whp
Awesome, thank you sir!

Old 05-20-2008, 01:41 AM
Awesome, thank you sir!
No Problem!

Old 05-20-2008, 01:53 AM
juy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
very good thread. i know this will be very helpful. i learned something new.

Old 05-20-2008, 04:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Adon
ouch I felt insulted!!

Old 05-20-2008, 08:50 AM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
great thread people will get lots of use out of this one

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Forced Induction for Noobs....