Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Whats the common thought on SFR??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 12:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how come i havent seen SFR make a comment in this thread yet?

Old 08-03-2008, 12:41 AM
Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
Cause they probably aren't active on this forum.....

Old 08-03-2008, 09:38 PM
yeah im kinda put off by that too.. i was hoping more ppl would have come to their rescue also.. guess thats a sign though..

Old 08-03-2008, 09:41 PM
well seems ill be heading home sooner than i thought, so i hope to stop by PF sometime in september to check them out.. then check out FP sometime in october.. ill then have to choose between the two...

Old 08-04-2008, 10:18 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Kamal34
DO NOT GO TO SFR! If you want, pm me and I will let you know.
Saw your car at Technosquare. Tadashi said the engine blew?!? A while back I was considering having SFR do my build, but that was until I saw all of the problems you were having. Hopefully you get back up and running soon.

As far as other shops to throw at you guys, I am having Technosquare in Torrance do my full build. Tadashi is a tuning genius and he is confident he can reach my power goals (500+whp on pump gas) while still utilizing the factory ECU. No piggy back or standalone EMS will be required...he does not believe in them.

Last edited by silver g; 08-04-2008 at 10:24 AM.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:38 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sheplex02
well seems ill be heading home sooner than i thought, so i hope to stop by PF sometime in september to check them out.. then check out FP sometime in october.. ill then have to choose between the two...

have a safe trip and see you soon....

Old 08-05-2008, 05:31 AM
DO NOT GO TO SFR! If you want, pm me and I will let you know.

why not sfr?? wat if i get the kit from sfr? and get it done at performance factory?? cuzz i relaly like the sfr single turbo kit

Old 08-05-2008, 10:06 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
there is no way that i would do the SFR single kit when there is a Powerlab kit as an option.

Powerlab is the most well thought out routing for piping out there for a single turbo. Plus, they use only top notch products like Garrett , Tial, Deatschwerks ect.

i would never put anything less in there...

Old 08-05-2008, 12:41 PM
Originally Posted by SIAMG35
why not sfr?? wat if i get the kit from sfr? and get it done at performance factory?? cuzz i relaly like the sfr single turbo kit
PM g35anonymous on here. He had his car orignally done by SFR, and from what I know it never worked right. He had to send the car to GTM to get fixed. I talked with him also, and all he said was do not use them...

Old 08-05-2008, 01:28 PM
Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
I bet you I feel him on that, my car was EDO Performance, 9k project went down the drain, it had to be sent to GTM to be revived But it's ok now Thanks to Sam the Man, its been one loong road haha

Old 08-07-2008, 08:53 PM
SFR sucks, took 2 years to fix my car the first time. I did blow my built engine. SFR is unrealiable and they promise big things. I have never been satisfied with them. I pulled out my car from GTM after I was done with SFR cause they wanted to charge me $18,000 for labor and parts!!!!?? In the end, I ended up paying then 3500 for them to take apart my motor and to box it up. I found their staff rude. Maybe its just Sam. GTM sucks. Their waaay over priced and do less than they make noise for. Im still missing parts from my car which "walked" away when my car was there. Ive heard from a few people that parts went missing from them... I hear they use other customer parts to finish projects on different cars!?

I went to SFR May of 04 and had my TT put in then. Gosh the stories I have. I have a 4" thick folder for all my shop work.

I dont understand how if a shop has problems and needs to troubleshoot, why is the customer charged? They charge for the total job and then charge additional money ontop of that? These shops are tricky. The economy sucks so I think its a buyers market for EVERYTHING. Dont settle and get whats best for you done...

Sorry for being all over the place with what im saying but honestly, im just ranting at this point. Please let me know if ANYONE has any questions or comments.

Old 08-08-2008, 03:52 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
SFR sucks, took 2 years to fix my car the first time. I did blow my built engine. SFR is unrealiable and they promise big things. I have never been satisfied with them. I pulled out my car from GTM after I was done with SFR cause they wanted to charge me $18,000 for labor and parts!!!!?? In the end, I ended up paying then 3500 for them to take apart my motor and to box it up. I found their staff rude. Maybe its just Sam. GTM sucks. Their waaay over priced and do less than they make noise for. Im still missing parts from my car which "walked" away when my car was there. Ive heard from a few people that parts went missing from them... I hear they use other customer parts to finish projects on different cars!?

I went to SFR May of 04 and had my TT put in then. Gosh the stories I have. I have a 4" thick folder for all my shop work.

I dont understand how if a shop has problems and needs to troubleshoot, why is the customer charged? They charge for the total job and then charge additional money ontop of that? These shops are tricky. The economy sucks so I think its a buyers market for EVERYTHING. Dont settle and get whats best for you done...

Sorry for being all over the place with what im saying but honestly, im just ranting at this point. Please let me know if ANYONE has any questions or comments.
Your remarks and comments are far from the truth, and have no foundation; basically they are lies that really reflect your true colors and lack of character. Now I can understand your dilemma and frustration with your car, but you have to ask yourself, isn't it your bad decisions, and lack of judgment that got you in these messes? So you come in here question our integrity, our ethics and you call us thieves and liars.

If you are really here to help the community why don't you share your story by starting your own thread, you did say you have stories, so why not share them with everyone here , instead your taking cheap shots .

Your beef is with Speed Force Racing not with GTM,SFR built your car the first time, they were unsuccessful ; you seeked our services to nail down the problems you had, you did not like the answers even with all the documentation, the pics, the emails, and the reports that were provided for you, to help you make the right decisions. Instead you took your car back to SFR, for a second chance and it back fired in your face now with the second build that has gone bad, and you are mad at us for what?!

So if you still think GTM has treated you unfairly, stole from you, or ripped you off. Please don't hold back and let the truth come out. I can guarantee you, your whole experience will only give us more credibility and credit, NOT HURT US.

SAM

GT MOTORSPORTS

Old 08-08-2008, 11:20 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
GTM is one of the few shops in the united states that has it all together. they have a 33,000 sf building with 100+ cars inside with an equal amount of satisfied customers. if you are only complaining about high prices, well you get what you pay for.

they set the bar for what the rest of the shops should be charging to stay alive.

Old 08-08-2008, 05:05 PM
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts
I have been to 3 shops in my time that I have had my G35 and by far the best shop I have been to is GTM so for someone to come on here and state that they use people's parts for their projects is just ridiculous. They have so many parts laying around that they could build another car.
They may charge more than others but you get what you pay for, I don't travel 7 hours because I feel like going for a fun drive, I take it to GTM because they know what they are doing.
Unless people have proof of wrongful or unethical business dealings then don't post.
Back on topic as I can see this being locked

Old 08-08-2008, 05:54 PM
LOL!!!! I think you may have gotten Sam and the guys at GTM confused with VRT...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Whats the common thought on SFR??